Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's inhumane treatment and notice employers of illegals still aren't being punished.

It's inhumane to leave kids with abusive parents who took their children with them on their criminal endeavors and endangered their lives going across the desert. Cut the spin

YES....when it is simply for a MISDEMEANOR charge, if they do not qualify for REFUGEE status after it has been reviewed.

They should not be treated like they are being charged with a felony. like the people trying to cross the border illegally a second time, AFTER their first time and their refugee status was DENIED and they were shipped back home once before.

91% of these separations f parents from their children are for people who may be charged with a MISDEMEANOR,only 9% with a felony...

for goodness sake! We don't take children from their parents for an alleged misdemeanor charge....that's is NOT JUSTICE.

And that is not how the laws were written, Congress gave mercy for first time crossers seeking refugee status by making the illegal crossing for them a misdemeanor, and then came down hard with a felony for second time crossers who had already been given leniency/mercy and a chance to see if they did qualify for Refugee Asylum....

What Sessions is doing, is making the first time crosser and misdemeanor charge, EQUAL TO the felony charge, when Congress clearly separated the two circumstances.... sessions is DEFYING the law and the spirit of the law.

I don't like it. I think it's inhumane and unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. If one of the immigrant parents has committed a serious crime, then, yes, segregate him or her from their kids. Otherwise, we need to keep parents and kids together if the parents' only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

Parents have in the US are separated from their children everyday when their parents break the law. Welcome to the US. Don’t break the Law.

When an American citizen is arrested for a crime. He is separated from his family and put in jail.

So why should illegals who have committed a criminal act by sneaking across our border be treated any different? .... :dunno:
Many are here trying to get refugee status.

Here’s the change I want in the law. We no longer find a home for these kids in the US. They are deported back to their original countries government so they can find their families. The parents will join the kids right after serving their jail time.

I don't like it. I think it's inhumane and unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. If one of the immigrant parents has committed a serious crime, then, yes, segregate him or her from their kids. Otherwise, we need to keep parents and kids together if the parents' only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

Parents have in the US are separated from their children everyday when their parents break the law. Welcome to the US. Don’t break the Law.

Parents who are trying to get a better life for their children

I am indifferent...............if the facilities were available to keep them together then I have no problem with them staying together.........But Reality is a different story..............and we shouldn't be building Holiday inns for illegal immigrants..........

In the last budget requests were made to increase bed space, more courts, and more agents......very little was approved.......so we must do with what we have available.................

It was the same under Obama........and previous.......but under Obama he simply let them go...........which might as well be no border at all.

Secure the border........end the loop holes.........increase the courts to process the illegals........and increase the bed space available to account for crowding........Doesn't has to be fancy.........Barracks would do.

Like the US parents who have their ID stolen by these people? Or the job their kid doesn’t get because an illegal is doing it? Who’s kids are you really worried about here?

YES....when it is simply for a MISDEMEANOR charge, if they do not qualify for REFUGEE status after it has been reviewed.

They should not be treated like they are being charged with a felony. like the people trying to cross the border illegally a second time, AFTER their first time and their refugee status was DENIED and they were shipped back home once before.

91% of these separations f parents from their children are for people who may be charged with a MISDEMEANOR,only 9% with a felony...

for goodness sake! We don't take children from their parents for an alleged misdemeanor charge....that's is NOT JUSTICE.

And that is not how the laws were written, Congress gave mercy for first time crossers seeking refugee status by making the illegal crossing for them a misdemeanor, and then came down hard with a felony for second time crossers who had already been given leniency/mercy and a chance to see if they did qualify for Refugee Asylum....

What Sessions is doing, is making the first time crosser and misdemeanor charge, EQUAL TO the felony charge, when Congress clearly separated the two circumstances.... sessions is DEFYING the law and the spirit of the law.

Although i agree on our ruthlessness.....

Our own domestic child protective services take kids away for parental misdemeanors ,in some states it's a misdemeanor to simply NOT report child abuse

~S~

Then why start by breaking the law. You people keep sticking to open borders but deny it. I’m all for legal immigration. Why can’t you people admit you don’t want the US to enforce its immigration laws?

The parents shouldnt be engaging in illegal activities. Perhaps, the parents should consider how they put their children at risk before they endeavor in this illegal activity.

Then why start by breaking the law. You people keep sticking to open borders but deny it. I’m all for legal immigration. Why can’t you people admit you don’t want the US to enforce its immigration laws?

Its that simple. They want everybody in here so they can offer up all the freebies.

It's inhumane treatment and notice employers of illegals still aren't being punished.

You keep parroting that. You might want to enlighten yourself a bit. You’re kinda making an ass out of yourself bud.
Here in Mexifornia employers are forbidden to ask for proof of citizenship. Tell me, how do you propose to punish an employer for hiring an illegal wetback when he/she isn’t privy to the cockroaches place of origin?
(I’d pretend I didn’t see this post if I were you)

Forum List

Back