Zone1 Do you have a black friend?

I envy you for your knowledge of Spanish. I studied it in high school, but I forgot nearly all of it.

I have to be around it in order to remember it well enough that it flows at least acceptably.

If I go a while without reading or speaking it, I'll start to forget things and it doesn't flow right.

Over the years I've had many black friends. I met my oldest black friend in 1959. She is now a hard core racist but we've been friends too long to change now.

I do. Is it an issue?

She’s a Londoner. That’s how l see her.
Off topic, but European blacks, most blacks around the world, in fact, are much different than American blacks. Of course, that's a cultural phenomenon. It's an interesting discussion to have, but requires maturity and you can't have a discussion like that around here without everybody calling you a racist. Everything is just so one-dimensional. For the most part anyway. And the truth, when spoken, often stings. So there's also that factor in why it just really can't be had.

Of course, one could say the same for American whites when compared to their counterparts abroad, too. I just don't think it's quite as apparent as it is with American blacks.

Could also have something to do with the fact that virtue in America itself is gradually eroding, and much, much more than in many other countries.

It's not really until you get out of the country that one quickly realizes just how eroded American virtue really is. Again, culturally speaking.

Last edited:
Off topic, but European blacks, most blacks around the world, in fact, are much different than American blacks. Of course, that's a cultural phenomenon. It's an interesting discussion to have, but requires maturity and you can't have a discussion like that around here without everybody calling you a racist. Everything is just so one-dimensional. For the most part anyway. And the truth, when spoken, often stings. So there's also that factor in why it just really can't be had.

Of course, one could say the same for American whites when compared to their counterparts abroad, too. I just don't think it's quite as apparent as it is with American blacks.

Could also have something to do with the fact that virtue in America itself is gradually eroding, and much, much more than in many other countries.

To add to that, the UK black people originated from Jamaica, so came to Britain as free citizens.

I have one friend. And I haven't seen him in over a year. I was friends with everyone while in the Marine Corps. But I never had more than 3 or 4 friends in reality. I am picky. In school I had a black friend but then I moved from Texas to Washington State. where I lived there weren't a lot of black people.

Of course, I don't have many white friends either.

I could probably count em on one hand.

Maybe just two or three fingers.

Probably more like two fingers.

It's an interesting term, the word ''friend.''

I suppose it just depends on how one defines the term.
I had a black neighbor and we hung out till he eventually displayed all the negative stereotypes one would have of a black man and eventually he moved back to the hood before he got evicted and he threatened to sue us because it was because he’s black. Pathetic human.

It's not really until you get out of the country that one quickly realizes just how eroded American virtue really is. Again, culturally speaking.
How come blacks in the UK talk like they’re Jamaican? It’s on purpose. By choice.

To add to that, the UK black people originated from Jamaica, so came to Britain as free citizens.
Holy crap I just asked why uk blacks speak with that rasta accent. That explains it. But it’s clearly by choice. My dads Greek I don’t have a Greek accent. Former heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis had a British accent. He didn’t embrace uk black ghetto culture.

How come blacks in the UK talk like they’re Jamaican? It’s on purpose. By choice.
Whatever accent and language you hear over and over as a baby that is the one you will use all your life no matter what race or color you are.

Some babies are around multiple accents and languages. They will pick up on both.

Whatever accent and language you hear over and over as a baby that is the one you will use all your life no matter what race or color you are.

Some babies are around multiple accents and languages. They will pick up on both.
Nope. I do a horrible Greek accent. So I prove that theory wrong.

I am fascinated by this. My brother in law and dad came to America as young teens and can’t shake their accents. I guess at a certain age you can’t shake it.

A lot of black Americans can’t speak proper English. So I assume a lot of uk black Brit’s can’t speak the queens English either.

Holy crap I just asked why uk blacks speak with that rasta accent. That explains it. But it’s clearly by choice. My dads Greek I don’t have a Greek accent. Former heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis had a British accent. He didn’t embrace uk black ghetto culture.

You’re thinking of Bob Marley.

My friend has an East London accent.

Forum List

Back