Do you hate reading?

I haven't really read a book in a long time. It seems I spend my free time arguing on the internet with nitwits. :D The last book I read was the Da Vinci Code. I do some reading online though. I suddenly want to read a book though. :)

I haven't really read a book in a long time. It seems I spend my free time arguing on the internet with nitwits. :D The last book I read was the Da Vinci Code. I do some reading online though. I suddenly want to read a book though. :)
The DaVinci Code was super!
I'm seriously considering re-reading Moby Dick. I was so rushed as a lit major when I read it, and I did like parts of it a lot. It's a book to savor slowly, though. Melville was very cool beans and would be the person, living or dead, I'd like to have lunch with.

I read; Ender's Game, The entire Dune series, Maze Runner, you know stuff that doesn't bore you to death.

I've been kind wondering why I hate reading so much. Most of it is boring and long winded and have long sentence(s) that have no real point to them. It is like people who write articles do so without any kind of logical ordering to them. Lets describe a setting when it is necessary to do so and appropriate within the structure of the article. That is just my attitude which 'what is the point of this boring narrative?'. It rarely has anything to do with what was being talked about and it seems like a break in the smooth running logic that ultimately leads to the point of the article. It is just so frustrating sometimes that writers can't be more to the point and substitute creative art in for their logical argument.

I also have low tolerance for boredom and for things that seem to be going nowhere quickly. At least when someone makes a point and it is clear I know what they said but if they take forever to get there then I really have a hard time comprehending what they are trying to say. Call it ADD or whatever but it just seems like we live in a world that really doesn't want to accommodate our way of thinking. I don't know who came up with patients is a virtue because it isn't when their is no reward in what you are waiting for or you don't even know what you are waiting for.

Nope. I love reading. I am reading three books now in addition to the magazines and newspapers I read every day.

The DaVinci Code was super!
I'm seriously considering re-reading Moby Dick. I was so rushed as a lit major when I read it, and I did like parts of it a lot. It's a book to savor slowly, though. Melville was very cool beans and would be the person, living or dead, I'd like to have lunch with.

I loved Bram Stoker's Dracula. What a great book! None of the movies even come close to comparing with the creepiness of the book.

I've been kind wondering why I hate reading so much. Most of it is boring and long winded and have long sentence(s) that have no real point to them. It is like people who write articles do so without any kind of logical ordering to them. Lets describe a setting when it is necessary to do so and appropriate within the structure of the article. That is just my attitude which 'what is the point of this boring narrative?'. It rarely has anything to do with what was being talked about and it seems like a break in the smooth running logic that ultimately leads to the point of the article. It is just so frustrating sometimes that writers can't be more to the point and substitute creative art in for their logical argument.

I also have low tolerance for boredom and for things that seem to be going nowhere quickly. At least when someone makes a point and it is clear I know what they said but if they take forever to get there then I really have a hard time comprehending what they are trying to say. Call it ADD or whatever but it just seems like we live in a world that really doesn't want to accommodate our way of thinking. I don't know who came up with patients is a virtue because it isn't when their is no reward in what you are waiting for or you don't even know what you are waiting for.

I don't think I have ever read a post that is so self revealing as this one, except the one wher Stephanie badmouthed welfare recipients because they slow down the line, and make her miss other chores that she had to attend to....

I read Death of a Salesman in 6th grade. Boooorrrring. Then again, I was only 12. Lol.

I loved To Kill A Mockingbird. That was a great book. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is one I really enjoyed when I was young. I used to read Nancy Drew books a lot when I was a kid too. I really like mysteries.

I read; Ender's Game, The entire Dune series, Maze Runner, you know stuff that doesn't bore you to death.
LOVED the Dune series. Couldn't translate into a movie. It sucked.

I saw the movie. Never read the book. I will have to make it a point to read that. I'm sure the book is way better. That is usually how it works. :)
There are four or five (the first three are the best). Make sure to read them in order.

I read Death of a Salesman in 6th grade. Boooorrrring. Then again, I was only 12. Lol.

I loved To Kill A Mockingbird. That was a great book. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is one I really enjoyed when I was young. I used to read Nancy Drew books a lot when I was a kid too. I really like mysteries.
Your teachers had you read a lot of good books (Death of a Salesman in 6th grade was stupid, though). When I was in junior high and high school, the rage was "relevant, contemporary young adult fiction" like Bless the Beasts and the Children, The Outsiders. and Catcher in the Rye. And a Shakespeare play a year. Think we did do Huck Finn, though, which was fun. I didn't begin reading the classics until I was out on my own, poking around yard sales for 25 cent books, or got a tip from the local librarian.

NANCY DREW ROCKED!!!!

A book I would love to read and never have is The Shining. I really enjoyed the movie. I'll bet the book is even better.
I have never had the guts to read a Stephen King novel. Can you believe that? I read a horror novel once that involved the mummy of Cleopatra or some such shit and I ended up reading all night because I was way too scared to go to bed. Total lightweight. My half-brother has read everything he ever wrote.

A book I would love to read and never have is The Shining. I really enjoyed the movie. I'll bet the book is even better.
I have never had the guts to read a Stephen King novel. Can you believe that? I read a horror novel once that involved the mummy of Cleopatra or some such shit and I ended up reading all night because I was way too scared to go to bed. Total lightweight. My half-brother has read everything he ever wrote.

I've read a few Stephen King books. Some of them are pretty good. Some of them are kind of far fetched and maybe a little bit stupid. Lol.

I have never been able to comprehend that people hate to read. Virtually every topic imaginable is out there. From entertainment to serious works of investigative writing, there are volumes waiting for you.

Imagine an entertainment system with more titles than you can possibly enjoy. It is portable, compact, and needs no batteries. The special effects are beyond anything Hollywood can produce. And they are available for free. How can you not jump on that?
He kinda reminds me of Sir Ranulph in Robin and Marian........ :eusa_whistle:

If I hated reading, I wouldn't be here or anywhere else online.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Try to be thankful that you can read at all at least when there are people in this world who can't read at all period.

Forum List

Back