Do you carry a knife for self defense?

Those aren't illegal in your state? Illegal in Texas.

Because
A: It's a gravity knife
B: It's double bladed

I think you misread what I said, and I lacked a bit of proper punctuation. You could kill somebody if you hit them in the head with that thing(COMMA) or the torso repeatedly.

Hitting them in the arms or legs is not very likely at all to kill them. And those are teh most crucial areas in non lethal self defense, because they afford you to get away because you disable the attacker.

A knife on the other hand, that has a good chance of causing somebody to bleed out.

You would not fucking laugh at a knife. Quit being a big fucking man up here on the internet. Thieves don't have to have it in them to kill someone. Murders with knives can happen accidentally, and muggers are most certainly willing to cause you physical harm.

You have to know where to stab a man to kill him or seriously injure him...

I know where all the main arteries are - I don't think some punk looking for 5 bucks does, and I don't think his little blade could actually do the trick.

Fuck a knife - use a sharpened coat hanger....

This shit has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the intelligence of the person on the other side of the weapon...

I've had loaded guns pointed at my head you think some punk with a knife who is looking for a few bucks would scare me?

To be honest with you I would just say: "here is 20 bucks now go get stoned."

You're fucking joking about the knife right? I wasn't talking about stabbing, I was talking about slashing. It's not like the femoral artery is a fucking hidden pressure point that only special secret stealth ninjas know about or can reach with special training.

In a struggle with a knife with lots of slashing, it's very easy for you or the other guy to find yourself covered in blood and bleeding out.

Also, you do know what a prison yard rush is right? You don't have to know where to stab somebody, with the prison yard rush it's about total surprise and brutal power stabbing again and again and again until you are dead. Gone, done.

Why do you think so many prisoners fall victim to it? Nearly all of them are used to brawls and fighting, probably with knives as well. But it's not like your attacker is going to announce himself to you before hand and let you get into your special karate kid stance and use your excellent memorization skills to deflect every specific trained knife attack he uses on you.

You have way too much self confidence about knives for your own good.

Enough with your internet tough guy act. I've seen you have total lack of situational awareness in political discussions, let alone to have any on the fucking street.

Me, I'm not pretending to have ever been in a fight. I have just read a lot of shit and know how nasty those types of altercations can be.

Your lack of fear that you claim? That is how you die.

I've been to prison (for a crime I didn't commit)..... I was taught how to make shanks out of cellophane and cigarette packs.....

I've personally seen shanks that were meant to gut people with hooks tied to them...

I'm just saying I would laugh at some common criminal with a knife...

If it matters - I got out and got a college degree by the age of 25.

I was wrongfully convicted and no one ever gave a fuck....

I carry keys. I figure if I carry a gun I will end up shooting myself, if I carry a knife my four year old might stab himself.

You have to know where to stab a man to kill him or seriously injure him...

I know where all the main arteries are - I don't think some punk looking for 5 bucks does, and I don't think his little blade could actually do the trick.

Fuck a knife - use a sharpened coat hanger....

This shit has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the intelligence of the person on the other side of the weapon...

I've had loaded guns pointed at my head you think some punk with a knife who is looking for a few bucks would scare me?

To be honest with you I would just say: "here is 20 bucks now go get stoned."

You're fucking joking about the knife right? I wasn't talking about stabbing, I was talking about slashing. It's not like the femoral artery is a fucking hidden pressure point that only special secret stealth ninjas know about or can reach with special training.

In a struggle with a knife with lots of slashing, it's very easy for you or the other guy to find yourself covered in blood and bleeding out.

Also, you do know what a prison yard rush is right? You don't have to know where to stab somebody, with the prison yard rush it's about total surprise and brutal power stabbing again and again and again until you are dead. Gone, done.

Why do you think so many prisoners fall victim to it? Nearly all of them are used to brawls and fighting, probably with knives as well. But it's not like your attacker is going to announce himself to you before hand and let you get into your special karate kid stance and use your excellent memorization skills to deflect every specific trained knife attack he uses on you.

Enough with your internet tough guy act. I've seen you have total lack of situational awareness in political discussions, let alone to have any on the fucking street.

Me, I'm not pretending to have ever been in a fight. I have just read a lot of shit and know how nasty those types of altercations can be.

I've been to prison (for a crime I didn't commit)..... I was taught how to make shanks out of cellophane and cigarette packs.....

I've personally seen shanks that were meant to gut people with hooks tied to them...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48OFresMkI]Mr. Nick[/ame]

Just curious what people's thoughts on this are.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

There is no such thing as a knife "fight".

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

Actually there is such a thing as a Knife fight but just like so many other things its not like it is portrayed in the movies because you don't slap blades its more like skillful pig sticking.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

Actually there is such a thing as a Knife fight but just like so many other things its not like it is portrayed in the movies because you don't slap blades its more like skillful pig sticking.

There is no such thing as a professional knife fighter.

Nick, this link right here... this is classic you. At least internet persona you.

Marc "Animal" MacYoung on streetfighting

"A man without fear is a walking deadman."

You don't know anything about me man......

Don't get yourself killed now thinking you're such a big fucking badass that no "common criminal" could take down. Your cockiness will probably get you killed.

Just trying to help you by deflating your grotesquely bloated ego a little bit.

You're the kind of trash that shouldn't be allowed to own a pet of any kind. YOU are the reason why so many tragedies occur with that breed and so many are put down.

You are the kind of idiot that should have your fingers tied together so you cannot type and your mouth sewn shut..

You ARE the problem, you piece of trash. Every pit that gets put down, or mauls a child has some asshole like you to thank.

You are too stupid for words. My dogs are not allowed to come into contact with children. I dare say my pups lead a better life than you do.

I carry an all purpose pocket knife that can be used either as a tool or a weapon as the situation demands.

There is no such thing as a professional knife fighter.

How about proficient in the discipline of knife fighting ? Ever heard of MantasDaga?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-48OFresMkI]Mr. Nick[/ame]

Dude......

You don't know one fucking thing about me.....

You ever see the show Prison Break?? yeah well I was in that prison (Joliet)..... Nothing like the TV show, but nothing anyone wants to go through....

You certainly had to fight for your own pride, your own supremacy. My celly had my back and I had his ..... So yeah, no knife will scare me...

If it matters - yea I was around when some crazy shit went off in the yard - we were on lock-down for a couple days..... I didn't see it but you could feel the tension afterwords..

That's how I learned how to make shanks....

Re-think your idea that a dude with a knife will scare me....

You are the kind of idiot that should have your fingers tied together so you cannot type and your mouth sewn shut..

You ARE the problem, you piece of trash. Every pit that gets put down, or mauls a child has some asshole like you to thank.

You are too stupid for words. My dogs are not allowed to come into contact with children. I dare say my pups lead a better life than you do.

YOU are the problem, you fucking piece of trash. Take your little dingy and get the fuck out of my country.

YOU are the problem, you fucking piece of trash. Take your little dingy and get the fuck out of my country.

Your country? Make me piss ant. Comon!!! Take out the trash big talker!!!

Forum List

Back