Do you carry a knife for self defense?

Chances are that I have a gun on me at least 75% of the time.

And chances are that I have a knife on me 99.99% of the time.

Yes I could use it as a defensive weapon.........

Do you guys with guns conceal carry or open carry?

I've been reading a lot on concealed carry forums that they believe the open carry people are just asking to be murdered if a bad guy is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Especially since they have total initiative advantage.

Kind of like a "shoot me first" sign... or as they call it, "Shoot me first carry"

No. A knife is a stupid weapon for defense. It is fair to midlin as an offensive weapon if you are VERY quiet.

For DEFENSE I like the aluminum McGreggor baseball bat. Good reach.. effective. almost indestructable.. Don't have to get too close to an adversary. Some of them have stinky breath.

But of course my favorite weapon for defense is my two pit bulls. Quite..fearless..it's like having thinking knives and hatchets on a leash. Plus they are REAL effective at longer range.. just let em run. No human can out run em. If they get shot at and not killed the perp will lose his arm at the wrist...and probably a leg. They really like going for the legs. The small one, a 70lb female will just slice and dice ya..the big male 120 lbs can crush a grown mans leg with one bite.

Oh ya..we were talkin DEFENSE...sorry ..I got carried away.. :lol:

You're the kind of trash that shouldn't be allowed to own a pet of any kind. YOU are the reason why so many tragedies occur with that breed and so many are put down.

I conceal carry most of the time. But if I'm just around the village I might open carry. Either way i don't want to have to take it out of the holster. But i will........

If I had to choose between a personal defense weapon, I'd choose a collapsible baton. Too bad they're typically illegal. You could do far more damage with that than you can with a knife, and still remain completely non lethal if you have to be.

Knives can be very unpredictable, especially when trying to slash somebody wearing clothing.

Those can be quite lethal....

I suppose anything can be a weapon - but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive if a situation arises.

Personally, I would laugh if someone pulled a knife on me.......Odds are anyone who is that stupid to do that to another individual is too stupid to have a sharp enough knife to harm you.

No. A knife is a stupid weapon for defense. It is fair to midlin as an offensive weapon if you are VERY quiet.

For DEFENSE I like the aluminum McGreggor baseball bat. Good reach.. effective. almost indestructable.. Don't have to get too close to an adversary. Some of them have stinky breath.

But of course my favorite weapon for defense is my two pit bulls. Quite..fearless..it's like having thinking knives and hatchets on a leash. Plus they are REAL effective at longer range.. just let em run. No human can out run em. If they get shot at and not killed the perp will lose his arm at the wrist...and probably a leg. They really like going for the legs. The small one, a 70lb female will just slice and dice ya..the big male 120 lbs can crush a grown mans leg with one bite.

Hell huggy I carry a mini mag flash lite on my keys it's the size of a kubaton you would be amazed what you can do with that as a defensive weapon.

I have two full size mags for when I have to do a search of the grounds at night. They are a little over two feet long. THEY are amazingly tough. I've smacked acouple of guys with them.. Never cracked the lens or anything. A mini mag??? you mean that six inch little flashlight? Whadaya do poke em in the eye with it? Or the super mini mag.. the two incher.. on a keychain? I never produce my keys in a confrontation. That's just asking for a major headache if the keys bust loose all over the place.

It's the size of a kubaton and can be used in the same manner. It's a 145 lumens mini mag
You can use the mini mag the same way.
Flash light
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sNjwsg8tpo]Tip of the week SMS- YouTube[/ame]
kubaton
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDxEEDNYxyI]Kubaton Demo 04 24 09 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tusDUtNkscA]Self Defense Using Kubaton: Keys - YouTube[/ame]

Personally, I would laugh if someone pulled a knife on me........

But then YOU would laugh if someone showed you a stuffed bunny, or played peekaboo, or let you play with a ball of yarn...

Do you guys with guns conceal carry or open carry?

I've been reading a lot on concealed carry forums that they believe the open carry people are just asking to be murdered if a bad guy is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Especially since they have total initiative advantage.

Kind of like a "shoot me first" sign... or as they call it, "Shoot me first carry"

I conceal....

I'm from Illinois, the cops will shoot you dead if they see you have a gun......

If I had to choose between a personal defense weapon, I'd choose a collapsible baton. Too bad they're typically illegal. You could do far more damage with that than you can with a knife, and still remain completely non lethal if you have to be.

Knives can be very unpredictable, especially when trying to slash somebody wearing clothing.

I suppose anything can be a weapon - but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive if a situation arises.

Personally, I would laugh if someone pulled a knife on me.......Odds are anyone who is that stupid to do that to another individual is too stupid to have a sharp enough knife to harm you.

Yes they are lethal. If you hit somebody in the head or torso repeatedly. But they will not sever arteries. They can disable limbs though and that's what makes them effective for self defense. Too bad they're illegal mostly though.

Never carry a knife on you with the intent of self defense, unless you are completely willing to take the life of that individual. And if you are completely willing to lose your own life as well.

Why would you laugh if a criminal pulled a knife on you? I'm talking about law abiding citizens trying to protect themselves with knives(and it being a stupid idea).

An actual serious criminal isn't likely to brandish a knife if they intend to harm you. You won't see it until you're already disabled or dead.

Lies about knife fighting

Do you know what a prison yard rush is? Yeah, that's how you'll most typically die to a knife from a criminal.

Last edited:

You're the kind of trash that shouldn't be allowed to own a pet of any kind. YOU are the reason why so many tragedies occur with that breed and so many are put down.

You are the kind of idiot that should have your fingers tied together so you cannot type and your mouth sewn shut.

Not every dog is a fucking yapping lap dog personal toy you can dress up when you fell like being a total complete fucking moron.

Some dogs work for thier living. Like a police dog for instance. What I do is similar. I get paid to gaurd and protect property in an extreme environment. My dogs are 100% capable of everything I require of them. They are 100% under control with voice command and hand signals. Furthermore they LOVE what they do. They LIVE to protect me and to please me in that effort. You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. If you are ever attacked by a rapist or a robber you will pray that someone like me and my dogs are near enough to help you. Oh and my dogs live like kings and queens. They are better taken care of than you have ever thought of offering to a dog. So bite me fuckwit.

You are the kind of idiot that should have your fingers tied together so you cannot type and your mouth sewn shut.

Not every dog is a fucking yapping lap dog personal toy you can dress up when you fell like being a total complete fucking moron.

Some dogs work for thier living. Like a police dog for instance. What I do is similar. I get paid to gaurd and protect property in an extreme environment. My dogs are 100% capable of everything I require of them. They are 100% under control with voice command and hand signals. Furthermore they LOVE what they do. They LIVE to protect me and to please me in that effort. You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. If you are ever attacked by a rapist or a robber you will pray that someone like me and my dogs are near enough to help you. Oh and my dogs live like kings and queens. They are better taken care of than you have ever thought of offering to a dog. So bite me fuckwit.

I think you could round out your team with Special Agent Jack Bauer.

That's a tough cat. He was born in a pool of gasoline on a piece of rusty scrap metal. I've seen that cat jump through barbed wire into a vat of hot tar. That cat? Is indestructible.

EVRf7.png

Yes they are lethal. If you hit somebody in the head or torso repeatedly. But they will not sever arteries. They can disable limbs though and that's what makes them effective for self defense. Too bad they're illegal mostly though.

Never carry a knife on you with the intent of self defense, unless you are completely willing to take the life of that individual. And if you are completely willing to lose your own life as well.

Why would you laugh if a criminal pulled a knife on you? I'm talking about law abiding citizens trying to protect themselves with knives(and it being a stupid idea).

An actual serious criminal isn't likely to brandish a knife if they intend to harm you. You won't see it until you're already disabled or dead.

Do you know what a prison yard rush is? Yeah, that's how you'll most typically die to a knife from a criminal.

Are you kidding me? if you hit someone in the head with one of those things it certainly could break an artery....

Carry whatever you want......

Yes I would laugh at a knife.... Then again I'm crazier than most people, not to mention most thieves don't have it in them to kill someone - even if their knife could do it...

I think you could round out your team with Special Agent Jack Bauer.

That's a tough cat. He was born in a pool of gasoline on a piece of rusty scrap metal. I've seen that cat jump through barbed wire into a vat of hot tar. That cat? Is indestructible.

EVRf7.png

Tough like shaft?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE9SKtSptfk]Fox Mulder talkin bout Shaft - YouTube[/ame]

Are you kidding me? if you hit someone in the head with one of those things it certainly could break an artery....

Yes I would laugh at a knife.... Then again I'm crazier than most people, not to mention most thieves don't have it in them to kill someone - even if their knife could do it...

I think you misread what I said, and I lacked a bit of proper punctuation. You could kill somebody if you hit them in the head with that thing(COMMA) or the torso repeatedly.

Hitting them in the arms or legs is not very likely at all to kill them. And those are teh most crucial areas in non lethal self defense, because they afford you to get away because you disable the attacker.

A knife on the other hand, that has a good chance of causing somebody to bleed out.

You would not fucking laugh at a knife. Quit being a big fucking man up here on the internet. Thieves don't have to have it in them to kill someone. Murders with knives can happen accidentally, and muggers are most certainly willing to cause you physical harm.

You are the kind of idiot that should have your fingers tied together so you cannot type and your mouth sewn shut..

You ARE the problem, you piece of trash. Every pit that gets put down, or mauls a child has some asshole like you to thank.

Yes I would laugh at a knife.... Then again I'm crazier than most people...

Oh, little nicky badass is back! What a fucking hardguy... :rolleyes:

Dude, like, how many beers can you, like drink in, like one night, dude?

Kickass! YEEEEEAAAAaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2:

I think you misread what I said, and I lacked a bit of proper punctuation. You could kill somebody if you hit them in the head with that thing(COMMA) or the torso repeatedly.

Hitting them in the arms or legs is not very likely at all to kill them. And those are teh most crucial areas in non lethal self defense, because they afford you to get away because you disable the attacker.

A knife on the other hand, that has a good chance of causing somebody to bleed out.

You would not fucking laugh at a knife. Quit being a big fucking man up here on the internet. Thieves don't have to have it in them to kill someone. Murders with knives can happen accidentally, and muggers are most certainly willing to cause you physical harm.

You have to know where to stab a man to kill him or seriously injure him...

I know where all the main arteries are - I don't think some punk looking for 5 bucks does, and I don't think his little blade could actually do the trick.

Fuck a knife - use a sharpened coat hanger....

This shit has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the intelligence of the person on the other side of the weapon...

I've had loaded guns pointed at my head you think some punk with a knife who is looking for a few bucks would scare me?

To be honest with you I would just say: "here is 20 bucks now go get stoned."

You have to know where to stab a man to kill him or seriously injure him...

I know where all the main arteries are - I don't think some punk looking for 5 bucks does, and I don't think his little blade could actually do the trick.

Fuck a knife - use a sharpened coat hanger....

This shit has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the intelligence of the person on the other side of the weapon...

I've had loaded guns pointed at my head you think some punk with a knife who is looking for a few bucks would scare me?

To be honest with you I would just say: "here is 20 bucks now go get stoned."

You're fucking joking about the knife right? I wasn't talking about stabbing, I was talking about slashing. It's not like the femoral artery is a fucking hidden pressure point that only special secret stealth ninjas know about or can reach with special training.

In a struggle with a knife with lots of slashing, it's very easy for you or the other guy to find yourself covered in blood and bleeding out.

Also, you do know what a prison yard rush is right? You don't have to know where to stab somebody, with the prison yard rush it's about total surprise and brutal power stabbing again and again and again until you are dead. Gone, done.

Why do you think so many prisoners fall victim to it? Nearly all of them are used to brawls and fighting, probably with knives as well. But it's not like your attacker is going to announce himself to you before hand and let you get into your special karate kid stance and use your excellent memorization skills to deflect every specific trained knife attack he uses on you.

You have way too much self confidence about knives for your own good.

Enough with your internet tough guy act. I've seen you have total lack of situational awareness in political discussions, let alone to have any on the fucking street.

Me, I'm not pretending to have ever been in a fight. I have just read a lot of shit and know how nasty those types of altercations can be.

Your lack of fear that you claim? That is how you die.

Last edited:
The little nicky badass Show! Kickass!! YEEEEEAAAAAaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back