Do you carry a knife for self defense?

Always remember to hold the handle with the blade going down your forearm, edge out.

I got a brass knuckles knife off of Bud K for 20-30 bucks.

It was too lethal for me not to pass up for 20 bucks... I'd never use it or carry it (nor would I) - it's more like a novelty but people would freak out if they saw it - it as small spikes where the knuckles are at....

It is certainly a one punch (jab) and you're dead thing....

It is scarier than a gun.....

Sorry, but your brass knuckles can't reach out and kill somebody. Guns are infinitely scarier to me.

Depends how close they are and if you believe you can subdue the person who possesses the gun.... I've had guns in my face....

Last edited:
Just curious what people's thoughts on this are.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

There is no such thing as a knife "fight".

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

I don't carry knives..but I have a throwing knife by my entrance and a bayonet by my bedroom door.

As for knife fights?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtnNPZxn-k&feature=related]best scene from The Man From Nowhere - YouTube[/ame]

I got a brass knuckles knife off of Bud K for 20-30 bucks.

It was too lethal for me not to pass up for 20 bucks... I'd never use it or carry it (nor would I) - it's more like a novelty but people would freak out if they saw it - it as small spikes where the knuckles are at....

It is certainly a one punch (jab) and you're dead thing....

It is scarier than a gun.....

Sorry, but your brass knuckles can't reach out and kill somebody. Guns are infinitely scarier to me.

Depends how close they are.... I've had guns in my face....

Yes, yes. You've had guns in your face. You faced off against 50 Yakuza and won. You've spat back bullets at a machine gun wielding maniac. You once had a knife that was aimed at your chest crumple against your body. You give tattoo's to tattoo artists. The dust of the inner city is just your dead skin cells. You were once ambushed by three men and ended up with fifteen dead bodies. Nick Furious got his nickname from you.

Dude......

You don't know one fucking thing about me.....

You ever see the show Prison Break?? yeah well I was in that prison (Joliet)..... Nothing like the TV show, but nothing anyone wants to go through....

You certainly had to fight for your own pride, your own supremacy. My celly had my back and I had his ..... So yeah, no knife will scare me...

If it matters - yea I was around when some crazy shit went off in the yard - we were on lock-down for a couple days..... I didn't see it but you could feel the tension afterwords..

That's how I learned how to make shanks....

Re-think your idea that a dude with a knife will scare me....

You know what they say about internet blowhards that talk as much shit as you do to try and gain credibility. A real person wouldn't even fucking bother trying to prove himself like you are right now. Especially not in the elaborate way you are doing so. You remind me of tinydancer.

65yap.gif

I like talking about my story.... I went from DOC to a bachelor's degree in 6 years...

Not many people do that....

I'm not saying I'm Chuck Norris - I'm saying I'm not scared....I'm saying I have seen worse in my life than the majority of people who post here have. That is my point.

In what universe am I superman If I refuse to let a little knife sway me????

You have no idea what people have seen here.

If you carry a gun instead, that's a whole other issue and getting into a big discussion about it here probably isn't worth anybody's time other than a "no, I carry a gun".

Me personally, I think it's a good way to escalate a situation and get yourself severely injured and or killed when you otherwise probably wouldn't have.

The only reason I bring it up is because I just tucked a pocket knife away into my new bag I got to carry my lunch/water and other items to and from work. Strictly utility. I also have a small key chain box cutter that I use while actually working since I break down boxes and cut plastic so frequently. I was just curious how misinformed people are about the wisdom of carrying a knife for self defense.

I don't carry knives..but I have a throwing knife by my entrance and a bayonet by my bedroom door.

As for knife fights?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtnNPZxn-k&feature=related]best scene from The Man From Nowhere - YouTube[/ame]

I have a huge passion for Korean films. They have some amazing movies.

That dubbing is cringe worthy though. I prefer subtitles.

Have you seen A Dirty Carnival?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSzSd_IAaU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL24D6E5FBAB8D23F9]A Dirty Carnival[/ame]

Yes, yes. You've had guns in your face. You faced off against 50 Yakuza and won. You've spat back bullets at a machine gun wielding maniac. You once had a knife that was aimed at your chest crumple against your body. You give tattoo's to tattoo artists. The dust of the inner city is just your dead skin cells. You were once ambushed by three men and ended up with fifteen dead bodies. Nick Furious got his nickname from you.

I've never really had a knife directly at me...

I know my life is seems pretty "sensational."

It is what it is....

As for knife fights?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSzSd_IAaU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL24D6E5FBAB8D23F9]A Dirty Carnival[/ame]

Great clip.

I love Korean films as well.

I particularly love the way the do fight scenes. It's kind of the same way I've experience real live fights. Lots of mayhem and no clear winners. Because for the most part..even when you "win"..you lose.

I've never really had a knife directly at me...

I know my life is seems pretty "sensational."

It is what it is....

Well I've been stabbed Nick.

Doesn't hurt when it happens.

But the next day?

Whoo boy.

So when are you gonna run up on me?

Since your threat..haven't seen ya.

As for knife fights?

Great clip.

I love Korean films as well.

I particularly love the way the do fight scenes. It's kind of the same way I've experience real live fights. Lots of mayhem and no clear winners. Because for the most part..even when you "win"..you lose.

Me too. I love that they're not typically into the whole choreographed fight scene style routine of hollywood and some other asian cinema where the good guy is a complete powerhouse who anticipates and crushes all opposition with perfectly executed moves.

They feel very visceral and real.

You know what they say about internet blowhards that talk as much shit as you do to try and gain credibility. A real person wouldn't even fucking bother trying to prove himself like you are right now. Especially not in the elaborate way you are doing so. You remind me of tinydancer.

65yap.gif

I like talking about my story.... I went from DOC to a bachelor's degree in 6 years...

Not many people do that....

I'm not saying I'm Chuck Norris - I'm saying I'm not scared....I'm saying I have seen worse in my life than the majority of people who post here have. That is my point.

In what universe am I superman If I refuse to let a little knife sway me????

You have no idea what people have seen here.

I saw a dude get his head pretty much capped off by another gangbanger... (saw a dude get his head blown off)...

It took the paramedics 45 minutes to show up...

No I doubt anyone who posts here has seen what I have seen...

I was shot in the fucking leg when I was 12 via a drive by. I still have the scar to prove it....

I'm going to go kick my boys ass in darts now...

Ill be back.

Just take it easy slugger. Might have to put down a herd of rampaging wildebeests between throws.

'Cause he's little nicky badass!! YEEeeeeAAAAAAaaaaaaah!!!

So when are you gonna run up on me?

Since your threat..haven't seen ya.

Ah, a little nicky badass vs Swallow throwdown! Put it on pay per view!

You want to swallow my load little girl? Or should I say "rittle girl".

Well no.

Even if you look good as an asian travestite..me no likie.

Save your girlish rage for little nicky, Swallow. Don't forget he's a BADASS who has seen shit no one else has during his sensational life of asskicking, epic partying, and windshield pissing.

Forum List

Back