Do You Believe It's Safe To Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

Would You Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
You know, the place where BP spilled all that oil?

They've been running ad after ad claiming that it's safe to eat now.

However, the local fisherman and others say otherwise.

What say you...would YOU eat food from there?

Why/why not?

Why? What is on your mind, Marc? I wouldn't eat any of the food coming out of the waters there and you shouldn't either. It isn't safe. You cannot see the oil because they dumped COREXIT from the air to weigh down the oil and drop it to the bottom of the sea. COREXIT is banned in Europe because it is very toxic. The problem wasn't solved. It was buried........ at the bottom of the sea.

- Jeri

With the $billions being spent and the constant reporting and sampling, I'm sure all you alarmists could come up with one or two studies showing ACTUAL contamination of the seafood being brought to market.

Not heart defects in bluefin tuna -- but something of HEALTH concerns to consumers..

I would be a tad nervous eating it. Hell, I am nervous eating anything out of the pacific, what with all the mercury poisoning.

Seafood consumption has tanked because consumers believe BP poisoned the gulf, Fukushima radiated the pacific, seafood population & harvest are down causing high prices. It's so bad that Darden announced sale of Red Lobster.

us-per-capita-seafood-consumption.jpg

I already eat food from the Gulf of Mexico, and hopefully from some I catch myself soon.

These types of disasters have happened in the past, and nature has a way of regulating things as it always does............

Whether you know it our not crude, natural gas, and other gases have been leaking forever to be quite frank about it. And Nature has always done it's job.

While I know that the BP spill was BS, and a man made error..........I know that man made errors are part of human nature. And I know that it may happen again, but for now I don't believe the hype on how dangerous the food from the Gulf is at this time.

I intend on eating the Gulf Fish at any rate.

Why/why not?

You insufferable prick, agriculture polluted the Gulf decades ago. Where the fuck were you? Petrophobic butt fuck.

I haven't eaten anything from there since it happened and I predicted the oil would come back in 2014.

Seafood consumption has tanked because consumers believe BP poisoned the gulf, Fukushima radiated the pacific, seafood population & harvest are down causing high prices. It's so bad that Darden announced sale of Red Lobster.

us-per-capita-seafood-consumption.jpg

That doesn't have shit to do with Darden selling RL. Jesus know your facts if you are going to make a comment.

Why/why not?

I would be very careful about what seafood I are from there.

I was in New Orleans last fall for a blues festival.

I ate all kinds of seafood for a week that was locally sourced and I'm just fine.

Why/why not?

In most cases of frozen or prepared seafoods, we will not know where the food we're eating came from.

Why/why not?

In most cases of frozen or prepared seafoods, we will not know where the food we're eating came from.

Over here it has to say where the good comes from on the package.

Why/why not?

Do you think that was done by design?

Are you OK w/not knowing exactly where your food is coming from?

Forum List

Back