CDZ Do You Believe In The Right To Die?

Do you believe in the right to die?

• Total voters
Terminating one's own life can be a gift to others, as long as it is not decided in haste or done for evil purposes.

All I'm saying is which is better when you're old and sick? Dying a slow and painful death? Or just getting it over with already and dying quickly? I would personally choose the latter.
It just might not be you making that decision. Everywhere assisted suicide has been legal, it has grown and morphed into something monstrous that murders people. For their own good of course. If you somehow don't want to die, perhaps you are incompetent to make that decision.

Like most things. it's complicated. Suiciding a teenage girl who is distraught over losing her boyfriend is not the same as suiciding a 90 year old woman dying of cancer. And a thousand other variations each of which needs to be treated on a case by case basis.

When I put my precious little girl down she was dying a horrible death. She couldn't walk, she was in incredible pain as her heart was basically exploding in her chest. She was bleeding internally passing ropes of black stool. I held her in in her eyes I could see her fear. She still didn't want to die. She was terrified and all I could do was hold her and tell her how much I loved her until she was gone.

I cannot imagine a human being being put down like that.

Like most things. it's complicated. Suiciding a teenage girl who is distraught over losing her boyfriend is not the same as suiciding a 90 year old woman dying of cancer. And a thousand other variations each of which needs to be treated on a case by case basis.

That's exactly what I was saying.

Like if you're really old, sick, and suffering at the end of your life, do you believe in the right to "euthanize" yourself? I do as it's a lot better than just suffering in my opinion.
black folk do suicide by cop all the time. And they are never the aggressor but the victim. I think that's your answer

No we don’t because death is inevitable.

Well, science is trying to reach immortality but I don't think that it's such a good idea. Overpopulation and living on earth until the end of time doesn't seem like fun to me and death is part of a wheel anyways. Tuck Everlasting proves that point.

My worry is that folks who are looking at amputations or long term prognosis that will mean a forced change in lifestyle will make some folks decide to end their life if they can't walk their daughter down the aisle or ride motorcycles or whatever. You are a light in someone's life if you can't walk, surf, etc....

Like if you're really old, sick, and suffering at the end of your life, do you believe in the right to "euthanize" yourself? I do as it's a lot better than just suffering in my opinion.
It's the trickle effect. As soon as you allow, say, the terminally ill to have the right to euthanasia, then another group will campaign, and then another, and so on.

In theory, I would agree if you're terminally ill, but as the problem I've just highlighted, it'll open a can of worms and thus won't work in practice.

When Michael Jackson died, there were a number of people around the globe who committed suicide. There's another group that would campaign because their favourite celebrity died, or their cat got ran over etc..

I believe anyone has the right to decide to end their own life at anytime for any reason.

Forum List

Back