CDZ Do you Believe Americans Would ever Turn in Our Guns?

• Laws are supposed to protect us. Ironical enough, even immigration laws .Even those the state legislators ignore, like immigration laws that benefit rich white benefactors, not so much us poor American majority . Guns are like that, they aren't to our benefit, and we would be better off without them (guns or illegals), but rich PACs like to tell us otherwise. Well, we need a referendum here.

They are very much so to our benefit.
It's a natural right to defend.
Look at what happens throughout history when the citizens are disarmed.
Like say, people that are unarmed? they deserved to be murdered? Please? American Indians? Or the Aborigines of Australia?

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.

The First Amendment was written in a time when the only means of communicating to the masses was to stand on a soapbox in the public square and give a speech, or else to use a primite hand-cranked press to publish copies of your message to be sold or handed out.

Do you suppose that the great men who wrote the Constitution could have anticipated the electric telegraph? Could they have anticipated the telephone, radio, TV, computers, the Internet, or modern social media?

It used to be that you had to have some means and skills to own and operate a printing press, and to have your publications distributed. It could take weeks or months for your message to be carried to other parts of the country or of the world.

Today, any idiot with any message, no matter how stupid, hateful, offensive, or otherwise wrong, can instantly have his message seen all over the world.

Would you suppose that the First Amendment may be obsolete, and should be amended or repealed?
Our soapbox today is the internet. True, But it dosen't actually hurt people, Guns spewing thousands of rounds a second, in a preschool murdering children, do you support THAT? That's the 2nd amendment in action. I am not liking that, are you?

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.

Our amendments are meant to restrain the Government from our natural rights.
Meant to be for as long as we have the Constitution.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal and inalienable (they cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws). Legal rights are those bestowed onto a person by a given legal system (they can be modified, repealed, and restrained by human laws).

Being accurate, you have unalienable Rights. The courts have interpreted the words inalienable and unalienable differently. Don't let the dishonest judiciary in this country fool you. Otherwise, you're spot on.

Thank you I meant unalienable rights.

I hate guns. I have held one and shot it, also have been threatened by wankers with guns. My opinion given the flagrant abuse of firearms? Repeal the second amendment. We would all be better off. The moral majority of us feel the same way. I have no hidden agenda, I just want to stop mass shootings.
Repealing the 2A wont change the fact that we have the right to own weapons via the 1689 English Bill of Rights. SHRUG

I wasn't aware that we still had a queen.

No. But if they use certain banned guns then they obviously like to flirt with criminal and possibly felonious prices in court.

I hate guns. I have held one and shot it, also have been threatened by wankers with guns. My opinion given the flagrant abuse of firearms? Repeal the second amendment. We would all be better off. The moral majority of us feel the same way. I have no hidden agenda, I just want to stop mass shootings.
Repealing the 2A wont change the fact that we have the right to own weapons via the 1689 English Bill of Rights. SHRUG

Me either.

The First Amendment was written in a time when the only means of communicating to the masses was to stand on a soapbox in the public square and give a speech, or else to use a primite hand-cranked press to publish copies of your message to be sold or handed out.

Do you suppose that the great men who wrote the Constitution could have anticipated the electric telegraph? Could they have anticipated the telephone, radio, TV, computers, the Internet, or modern social media?

It used to be that you had to have some means and skills to own and operate a printing press, and to have your publications distributed. It could take weeks or months for your message to be carried to other parts of the country or of the world.

Today, any idiot with any message, no matter how stupid, hateful, offensive, or otherwise wrong, can instantly have his message seen all over the world.

Would you suppose that the First Amendment may be obsolete, and should be amended or repealed?
Our soapbox today is the internet. True, But it dosen't actually hurt people, Guns spewing thousands of rounds a second, in a preschool murdering children, do you support THAT? That's the 2nd amendment in action. I am not liking that, are you?

This ignorance of reality is why your opinion does not matter and is easily dismissed.

Educate yourself, please.

• Laws are supposed to protect us. Ironical enough, even immigration laws .Even those the state legislators ignore, like immigration laws that benefit rich white benefactors, not so much us poor American majority . Guns are like that, they aren't to our benefit, and we would be better off without them (guns or illegals), but rich PACs like to tell us otherwise. Well, we need a referendum here.

They are very much so to our benefit.
It's a natural right to defend.
Look at what happens throughout history when the citizens are disarmed.
Like say, people that are unarmed? they deserved to be murdered? Please? American Indians? Or the Aborigines of Australia?

No.
It is the ones who do have them now and can use them to protect those who choose not to have one.
Even the American Indians and Aborigines eventually got guns back then.

What is is it about us Americans that we won't confront gun violence head on and recognize it but instead excuse /enable it with that holy of hollies, the second amendment. It's insanity. Schools shootings of children by children isn't going to end magically if we hand out guns like candy to teachers, Sorry, kids. IF we take away the problem to begin with, it might end the problem. I am good with at least trying that first. No more guns, no more mass shootings in schools, ya got a problem with that?

Your opinion is noted. Please take the nearest exit. Your thinking is un-American.

Guns spewing thousands of rounds a second, in a preschool murdering children, do you support THAT? That's the 2nd amendment in action. I am not liking that, are you?

No, that is most certainly not the Second Amendment in action. Nothing about the Second Amendment or the right which it affirms includes or implies any “right” to use one's weapons in a manner that unjustly causes harm to others or puts others unjustly in danger.

What is is it about us Americans that we won't confront gun violence head on and recognize it but instead excuse /enable it with that holy of hollies, the second amendment. It's insanity. Schools shootings of children by children isn't going to end magically if we hand out guns like candy to teachers, Sorry, kids. IF we take away the problem to begin with, it might end the problem. I am good with at least trying that first. No more guns, no more mass shootings in schools, ya got a problem with that?

Why won't it?

The NRA loves mass shootings, because it promotes guns . We NEED guns to protect us from guns, and they have the chutzpah to say we anti gunners have an agenda? Right? How many pro gunners have lost their lives due to anti gunners creeping into schools and trying to be peaceful and committing mass hugging? I have an agenda, ending mass shootings. That is MY agenda.

Last edited:
Liberal Logic: The government didn't protect us, so now you should not be allowed to protect yourself.

:cuckoo:

They are not protecting us from idiots with guns
There were 4 cops there. None of them entered.

There isn't a gun on earth that can fire "thousands of rounds a second"........

:cuckoo:

SMFH Where do you think the right to own weapons comes from then? The 2A doesn't grant the right. Why do you suppose our courts have recognized the right to own weapons comes from the 1689 EBOR? Without it we are pretty much screwed.

Pro guns and pro Illegals, pretty much the same thing. How dare I say such a thing? People that ignore the facts for political reason. Besides illegals like guns too. And they get them without much bother.

You're talking out your hind quarters now. Take your meds and visit us in the a.m.

Why won't it?
Excuse me? If you get cancer, MORE cancer isn't going to cure it. Kinda like that. Guns are like that. Wouldn't less cancer/guns be the answer?

The NRA loves mass shootings, because it promotes guns . We NEED guns to protect us from guns, and they have the chutzpah to say we anti gunners have an agenda? Right? How many pro gunners have lost their lives due to anti gunners creeping into schools and trying to be peaceful and committing mass hugging? I have an agenda, ending mass shootings. That is MY agenda.

Your agenda is all about spewing venomous hatred at gun owners. It's like blaming a car because someone committed a DUI that took lives.

You do not deal with the facts on the table and you are arguing emotions, not facts. You are impugning your own character.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.” Patrick Henry, founding father

Why won't it?
Excuse me? If you get cancer, MORE cancer isn't going to cure it. Kinda like that. Guns are like that. Wouldn't less cancer/guns be the answer?

No. The objective of an armed citizenry is to guarantee that arms by the government will not be used against the citizenry. Historically, unarmed citizens are reduced to slaves and victims of death squads.

Why won't it?

Guns are not the cancer. The mental illness is the cancer and a round judiciously expended into a vital organ of the cancer-ridden mentally defective individual solves the problem.

Let me have access to a weapon in my classroom and I can almost guarantee that all of my students will survive.

Forum List

Back