CDZ Do you Believe Americans Would ever Turn in Our Guns?

I still have a problem with the government having outlawed machine guns. It is wholly unconstitutional and idiotic. When the government did that, they could not cite one, single, solitary example of how a legally owned machine gun had ever been used in a crime.
Damn skippy

Nobody has ever robbed a liquor store with a grenade launcher either

I don't know what your point is. The point of the Second Amendment is to:

A) Guarantee NOT grant an existing Right

B) Assure that the militia, NOT the weapons will be regulated. And what, exactly how did the founders define well regulated?

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment, to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion.”
-George Washington, letter to George Mason April 5th 1769

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

I could multiply the meaning with the words of the people who took part in our founding and show you that what is taking place is a power grab that is beyond what the Constitution contemplates.
Ummmm....the point is that your rights under the second amendment are limited

NOT ACCORDING TO ORIGINAL INTENT

Like I keep repeating, the Courts have had the power to legislate from the bench. but they NEVER had the authority.
Wrong again buck-o

The courts have had the authority for 200 years

They have power, but their authority is limited to the Constitution. You FAIL.

Damn skippy

Nobody has ever robbed a liquor store with a grenade launcher either

B) Assure that the militia, NOT the weapons will be regulated. And what, exactly how did the founders define well regulated?

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment, to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion.”

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

I could multiply the meaning with the words of the people who took part in our founding and show you that what is taking place is a power grab that is beyond what the Constitution contemplates.

Like I keep repeating, the Courts have had the power to legislate from the bench. but they NEVER had the authority.
Wrong again buck-o

Evidently not my friend

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.

Our amendments are meant to restrain the Government from our natural rights.
Meant to be for as long as we have the Constitution.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal and unalienable (they cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws). Legal rights are those bestowed onto a person by a given legal system (they can be modified, repealed, and restrained by human laws).

Anyone would be foolish to want to give up those rights.

Last edited:

Wrong again buck-o

Evidently not my friend

A man walks into a restaurant and demands the patrons money. He has a gun, but nobody else does. He has the power,.

His actions are illegal, but when you have the gun, what difference does it make? If another guy has a pistol and takes the robber out, he had the authority to stop an illegal act.

News flash: The government can and does break the law

• Laws are supposed to protect us. Ironical enough, even immigration laws .Even those the state legislators ignore, like immigration laws that benefit rich white benefactors, not so much us poor American majority . Guns are like that, they aren't to our benefit, and we would be better off without them (guns or illegals), but rich PACs like to tell us otherwise. Well, we need a referendum here.

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.

Our amendments are meant to restrain the Government from our natural rights.
Meant to be for as long as we have the Constitution.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal and inalienable (they cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws). Legal rights are those bestowed onto a person by a given legal system (they can be modified, repealed, and restrained by human laws).

Being accurate, you have unalienable Rights. The courts have interpreted the words inalienable and unalienable differently. Don't let the dishonest judiciary in this country fool you. Otherwise, you're spot on.

• Laws are supposed to protect us. Ironical enough, even immigration laws .Even those the state legislators ignore, like immigration laws that benefit rich white benefactors, not so much us poor American majority . Guns are like that, they aren't to our benefit, and we would be better off without them (guns or illegals), but rich PACs like to tell us otherwise. Well, we need a referendum here.

We live in a Republic and a majority vote cannot take away a constitutional guarantee. You have to amend the Constitution. If two thirds of the states agree with you (IIRC), then you're set.

I hope you're not right. If so, then American gun owners will only haveoirsekves to blame for failing to teach our children the need for private firearms in this country.
Maybe the lesson they need to learn is that if they want to protect the country from tyranny, armed insurrection is not the best way. I'm hoping they will engage in the democratic process and take it back from the special interests and return it to the people of America.

I think they'll find that if no one has an assault rife, no one needs an assault rife.

About 99.999999% of Americans do not have assault rifles.

We here in Arizona have the right to carry open and concealed with no registration or permits.
We have a few laws as to where you can open carry.
You will see residents in Arizona having a loaded pistol on their side going into Walmart's, Shops and grocery stores all the time.
Guess what guys. We are not shooting each other up.
We all feel very safe in this State because of it.

Like a frog in a boiling pot you've become accustomed to distopia. That which is abhorrent has become comforting. That which Americans rejected en masse 40 years ago now seems normal and welcomed to you.

People wonder how humans could adapt and live for a number of years in places like Auschwitz and Sobibor. Or the Blitz in London during WW2. Humans adapt to the worst conditions imaginable. It requires far less effort than doing the work to change things for the better.

I hope you're not right. If so, then American gun owners will only haveoirsekves to blame for failing to teach our children the need for private firearms in this country.
Maybe the lesson they need to learn is that if they want to protect the country from tyranny, armed insurrection is not the best way. I'm hoping they will engage in the democratic process and take it back from the special interests and return it to the people of America.

I think they'll find that if no one has an assault rife, no one needs an assault rife.

About 99.999999% of Americans do not have assault rifles.

It all depends upon who is defining "assault rifle." By liberal definition EVERY semi-auto is an assault rifle. In reality, only weapons that shoot full auto and semi auto with a selector switch are assault rifles.

Lots of us have defense rifles,but like the guy running over people in a car, you can misuse the rifle. It's much easier to take the loons off the streets than to go after all the rifles.

What guns are you talking about officer ... no guns here ... :flirtysmile4:

Easy enough
Your neighbors will turn you in
But once you get caught, you get sent to a FEMA Death Camp never to be heard of.

So, some people are planning on lying to the cops. That will give them yet another felony to defend themselves against. If the guns are not used to turn back tyrants and oppression, they are absolutely worthless.

Having a firearm that you cannot legally use is about as useful as using a condom while having sex with a pregnant woman.

Your neighbors will turn you in; your family members may turn against you; a stupid relative may bring the cops to your home on an unrelated issue (domestic violence, your teen does drugs, some nosy neighbor calls DFACS on you.) In any event, the LEOs show up when you least expect it and you are history.

Either draw a line in the sand, begin uniting OR plan on standing in line and giving up your gun and the high cap magazines. The pro-gunners are NOT going to take proactive measures now to reduce firearm deaths, so they will ultimately lose in the political arena AND the government WILL take your guns.

Lying to the cops? How are they going to prove I have any?

They are very much so to our benefit.
It's a natural right to defend.
Look at what happens throughout history when the citizens are disarmed.

Pro guns and pro Illegals, pretty much the same thing. How dare I say such a thing? People that ignore the facts for political reason. Besides illegals like guns too. And they get them without much bother.

With 300 million guns, it is unlikely

Best we can hope for is limiting access to some guns and accessories and moving away from a gun culture
I agree. There is no practical ban solution for the hundreds of millions of guns and the 15,000,000 AR-15s that are already owned. There just is not. As for moving away from gun culture that is also tough since it is glorified in video shooter games, movies, TV and the internet. Guns are a power symbol that is attractive to disturbed young men. As I've posted before it has to a multi-front approach. Mental health and family counseling, better "red flag response", armed staff in the schools during school hours, Single point of entry and exit at the schools when feasible.

I was a sub today in a classroom that had six different access points! There are literally six doors into that classroom from inside and outside the building. How do you fix that?

We here in Arizona have the right to carry open and concealed with no registration or permits.
We have a few laws as to where you can open carry.
You will see residents in Arizona having a loaded pistol on their side going into Walmart's, Shops and grocery stores all the time.
Guess what guys. We are not shooting each other up.
We all feel very safe in this State because of it.

Like a frog in a boiling pot you've become accustomed to distopia. That which is abhorrent has become comforting. That which Americans rejected en masse 40 years ago now seems normal and welcomed to you.

People wonder how humans could adapt and live for a number of years in places like Auschwitz and Sobibor. Or the Blitz in London during WW2. Humans adapt to the worst conditions imaginable. It requires far less effort than doing the work to change things for the better.

Maybe abhorrent to you.
We call it freedom.
A dystopia to me would be the States that take that right away.
Then they become the dystopian State of totalitarianism.

The First Amendment was written in a time when the only means of communicating to the masses was to stand on a soapbox in the public square and give a speech, or else to use a primite hand-cranked press to publish copies of your message to be sold or handed out.

Do you suppose that the great men who wrote the Constitution could have anticipated the electric telegraph? Could they have anticipated the telephone, radio, TV, computers, the Internet, or modern social media?

It used to be that you had to have some means and skills to own and operate a printing press, and to have your publications distributed. It could take weeks or months for your message to be carried to other parts of the country or of the world.

Today, any idiot with any message, no matter how stupid, hateful, offensive, or otherwise wrong, can instantly have his message seen all over the world.

Would you suppose that the First Amendment may be obsolete, and should be amended or repealed?

Forum List

Back