CDZ Do you Believe Americans Would ever Turn in Our Guns?

We here in Arizona have the right to carry open and concealed with no registration or permits.
We have a few laws as to where you can open carry.
You will see residents in Arizona having a loaded pistol on their side going into Walmart's, Shops and grocery stores all the time.
Guess what guys. We are not shooting each other up.
We all feel very safe in this State because of it.

I hate guns. I have held one and shot it, also have been threatened by wankers with guns. My opinion given the flagrant abuse of firearms? Repeal the second amendment. We would all be better off. The moral majority of us feel the same way. I have no hidden agenda, I just want to stop mass shootings.
Repealing the 2A wont change the fact that we have the right to own weapons via the 1689 English Bill of Rights. SHRUG

If it becomes law that you can't own certain guns then people will turn in their illegal weapons for the most part. The rest will be criminals.

And be clear, all these same people have no problem with gun control on fully automatic machine guns and the rest of the spectrum of weapons that civilians are PROHIBITED BY GOVERNMENT from owning. You never hear them bitch about all that. Why? Because gun manufacturers and the NRA know those are losing arguments.

All these people that have this snowflake belief that they're 'packing jus' in case the gubmint comes fer our guns' already fully accept and have no problem with massive gun control. They just get uptight about assault rifles now because they think every deer they see is 'Charlie' coming over the wire and needs to be stopped.

I still have a problem with the government having outlawed machine guns. It is wholly unconstitutional and idiotic. When the government did that, they could not cite one, single, solitary example of how a legally owned machine gun had ever been used in a crime.
Damn skippy

Nobody has ever robbed a liquor store with a grenade launcher either

I don't know what your point is. The point of the Second Amendment is to:

A) Guarantee NOT grant an existing Right

B) Assure that the militia, NOT the weapons will be regulated. And what, exactly how did the founders define well regulated?

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment, to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion.”
-George Washington, letter to George Mason April 5th 1769

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

I could multiply the meaning with the words of the people who took part in our founding and show you that what is taking place is a power grab that is beyond what the Constitution contemplates.
Ummmm....the point is that your rights under the second amendment are limited

I hate guns. I have held one and shot it, also have been threatened by wankers with guns. My opinion given the flagrant abuse of firearms? Repeal the second amendment. We would all be better off. The moral majority of us feel the same way. I have no hidden agenda, I just want to stop mass shootings.
Repealing the 2A wont change the fact that we have the right to own weapons via the 1689 English Bill of Rights. SHRUG
Yea......that carries a lot of weight

We here in Arizona have the right to carry open and concealed with no registration or permits.
You will see residents in Arizona having a loaded pistol on their side going into Walmart's, Shops and grocery stores all the time.
Tell it to Gabby Giffords

Want to take away my right to protect myself and family?

Ok.

mmyjp9YBaRR3Fzb1odiW8Sg.jpg

I call B.S. on your post. Everybody is wailing and moaning over the people killed in Florida. But if we wanted to stop mass shootings, how come the "solutions" don't match the facts of this case?

1) Nickolas Cruz was reported to police for shooting small animals

2) He was suspended from school for fighting

3) He had disturbing videos on the Internet that were very violent

4) The police had gone to his house on numerous occasions

5) The local police had been alerted to his violent behavior

6) The FBI had been made aware of this man

7) Most everybody that knew him said they were not surprised by his actions

8) The cop on the scene did not pursue Cruz in the middle of his massacre... AND that chickensh.... piece of garbage gets to retire with his full pension for not doing his job

9) The state buried Cruz's mental health record after he ceased to be a minor... as if turning 18 made him sane

10) The state passed up numerous opportunities to put Cruz in protective custody given his penchant for violence. It may not have been criminal all the time, but posing a danger to yourself and / or others is sufficient reason to put someone into protective custody and treat them.

Nobody done a damn thing. We're paying the bureaucrats for not doing their job. The system failed him and your only solution is gun control and you hate guns. Really? If you'd fix the existing problems, you'd solve the issue. Some of the aforementioned need to be fired; others tried for crimes. But, it's really about the freaking gun. Who are you going to try and make believe you care about those children... us or yourself?

It does carry a lot of weight, where do you think the right to own a weapon came from? Why do you think the courts said the right predates the US Constitution?

It does carry a lot of weight, where do you think the right to own a weapon came from? Why do you think the courts said the right predates the US Constitution?
Irrelevant in a US court of law

If it becomes law that you can't own certain guns then people will turn in their illegal weapons for the most part. The rest will be criminals.

And be clear, all these same people have no problem with gun control on fully automatic machine guns and the rest of the spectrum of weapons that civilians are PROHIBITED BY GOVERNMENT from owning. You never hear them bitch about all that. Why? Because gun manufacturers and the NRA know those are losing arguments.

All these people that have this snowflake belief that they're 'packing jus' in case the gubmint comes fer our guns' already fully accept and have no problem with massive gun control. They just get uptight about assault rifles now because they think every deer they see is 'Charlie' coming over the wire and needs to be stopped.

I still have a problem with the government having outlawed machine guns. It is wholly unconstitutional and idiotic. When the government did that, they could not cite one, single, solitary example of how a legally owned machine gun had ever been used in a crime.
Damn skippy

B) Assure that the militia, NOT the weapons will be regulated. And what, exactly how did the founders define well regulated?

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment, to use arms in defence of so valuable a blessing, on which all the good and evil of life depends, is clearly my opinion.”

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?

-Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

I could multiply the meaning with the words of the people who took part in our founding and show you that what is taking place is a power grab that is beyond what the Constitution contemplates.

NOT ACCORDING TO ORIGINAL INTENT

Like I keep repeating, the Courts have had the power to legislate from the bench. but they NEVER had the authority.

Irrelevant? LMFAO Our courts have used it in defining where the right comes from. SMFH

Last edited:
One time my husband and I walked into one of our favorite local restaurant with his 44 pistol on his side.
This woman that was seated ,who was on vacation from the East ,yelled and points to my husband "He has a gun, he has a gun"
The owner pulls his 44 out from behind the counter, several seated customers draw theirs and say at the same time where?
She points at my husband and looks hysterically around the restaurant realizing we are all locals.
Then she says, everyone here is crazy and she is never coming back to vacation here again then pays her bill and leaves
We all laughed and said good riddance. :)

Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors? It cannot.” Tiffany Madison

"What, then, is the law? It is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense. ... since an individual cannot lawfully use force against the person, liberty, or property of another individual, then the common force -- for the same reason -- cannot lawfully be used to destroy the person, liberty, or property of individual groups. ... But, unfortunately, law by no means confines itself to its proper functions. And when it has exceeded its proper functions, it has not done so merely in some inconsequential and debatable matters. The law has gone further than this; it has acted in direct opposition to its own purpose. The law has been used to destroy its own objective: It has been applied to annihilating the justice that it was supposed to maintain; to limiting and destroying rights which its real purpose was to respect. The law has placed the collective force at the disposal of the unscrupulous who wish, without risk, to exploit the person, liberty, and property of others. It has converted plunder into a right, in order to protect plunder. And it has converted lawful defense into a crime, in order to punish lawful defense". Frederic Bastiat The Law

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.

Tell it to Gabby Giffords

She is the one who refused the police protection.
This was after she knew there was several threats made on her, including the guy who did it.

Nice try. Baiting instead of debating. I have never heard of a mass gun protecting NOT hurting anyone pro gun protecting anyone ANYTHING. The 2nd amendment is an anachronism, please. It has to end. It was written during a time of flintlocks and muzzle loaders, and as such should be amended or just thrown out altogether.
So what are you planning on doing to the 1689 English Bill of Rights that gives us (the individual) the right to own weapons?

Damn skippy

Your Second Amendment Rights are above the law in under our constitutional / de jure / lawful / legal Constitution.

The problem is, the people have to be willing to enforce their Rights. We're taking the first step here by trying to understand our Rights and how that corrupt bunch in Washington Wonderland, District of Corruption took them.

Damn skippy

NOT ACCORDING TO ORIGINAL INTENT

Like I keep repeating, the Courts have had the power to legislate from the bench. but they NEVER had the authority.
Wrong again buck-o

The courts have had the authority for 200 years

Again, I call B.S. on your post.

In the life of Jesus he ordered his apostles to carry a sword - even if they had to hock their robes to do so. And he explained the reasons very well. A few examples:

"Then said he to them, But now, he that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his money: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22 : 36

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:" Luke 11 : 21

The founding fathers, being predominantly Christian, relied upon that principle. Don't you think a musket was as dangerous compared to a sword of the founders time? Of course, they knew weapons would become more and more effective, but they relied on the principle that you would not acknowledge.

Forum List

Back