Do we really need 2 democrat parties?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr.Fitnah, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Do we really need 2 democrat parties?

Romney backs former rival McCain for re-election

BOSTON – Mitt Romney is endorsing former rival John McCain as the 2008 Republican presidential nominee faces a fight to keep his Senate seat.
    Romney said in a statement Tuesday that the Arizona senator's "record of service and sacrifice for America is honored by all."

The former Massachusetts governor adds that it's "hard to imagine the U.S. Senate without John McCain."

McCain is facing a Republican primary challenge from former House member J.D. Hayworth.
    McCain and Romney clashed bitterly at time in the 2008 race for the GOP nomination. After McCain pulled ahead, Romney not only endorsed him but energetically campaigned for him.
    McCain's former running mate, Sarah Palin, is also backing him. She and Romney are potential rivals in the 2012 presidential race.

Romney backs former rival McCain for re-election - Yahoo! News

This is the future of the repulican party.

Media Cast Liberal Republican Meghan McCain as ‘Voice of Young Conservatives’
    McCain claims to be ‘in love’ with the GOP and tries to tear it away from conservatives every chance she gets.

by Colleen Raezler, Culture and Media Institute

CPAC, the annual Conservative Political Action Conference begins Feb. 18. Conservative leaders will rally the troops before the mid-term elections in November and discuss the future role of conservatives in politics.

One person who will not be in attendance is Meghan McCain, despite the year-long media attempt to make citizens believe she is somehow representative of conservatives. She tweeted on Feb. 11, “I have no idea where this weird rumor I am speaking at CPAC came from, it isn’t true and I will not be attending or speaking.”

McCain, the 25-year-old daughter of former Republican presidential nominee John McCain and a writer for The Daily Beast, has taken it upon herself to tell the GOP what needs to be fixed within the party. Because she calls herself a Republican, media outlets have perpetuated the notion that she is also conservative. By doing that, they’ve pushed a liberal social agenda that directly conflicts with conservative values.

Writer Kathleen Parker, herself no stranger to conservative bashing, praised McCain last spring as “one smart cookie” who “in a matter weeks … has created a brand, presenting herself as a fresh face of her daddy’s party and voice of young conservatives.”

Jonathan Capehart of The Washington Post and a contributor to MSNBC, suggested last summer that “maybe what the Republican Party is going to have to do is skip a generation and wait for the Meghan McCains to come of age so they can run for office and take over the mantle of the party.”

Remainder of piece HERE

Edited: Forum policy concerning copyright and fair use, to be found HERE, prohibit the posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Dude

2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    It shows that the GoP isn't really listening and will just keep doing the same shit over and over again.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Man , that is just too long for this time of the morning.

4. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Id say. They can get by with out my vote.

5. Oldandtired

Oldandtired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +349
    They certainly havent earned mine back yet.

6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,618
    Meghan should ride off into the sunset with her old man.

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,262
    Conservatives need to wake up and realize that J D Hayworth is proper douche and no amount of being right on the issues should cause them to climb on his douche wagon.

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,262
    The mainstream GOP continues to follow my advice from post election 2006. MOVE TO THE CENTER! Get that wingnut ball and chain off your ankle and build a party that appeals to real Americans!

9. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I agree. Can't people cut their stuff down to two paragraphs!

10. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    McCain is just to cozy with Obama. He didn't do shit to win the election and didn't want to. He deserves to lose a hell lot more and I, being a member of the great state of Arizona, will do my part to ensure his early retirment.:salute: