Do we have too many first generation ‘citizens’ in government?

Images of first and second generation immigrants:
76621f7fbaf735b23bdc3dfb515d9154.jpeg
getimage.php

Images of 10th generation lazy Americans
5ee3ebd93ad8614af14b13da

Nope, not nearly enough first and second generation Americans.

Framed nicely...I'm sold on your OPINION.
Now all you have to do is show us which first gen politicians are doing a god job for core Americans and pushing America in the right direction.
I'll wait patiently.
You did not ask are there to many first generation politicians, that is a different question.

The title of the thread:
"Do we have too many first generation ‘citizens’ in government?"
My error then.

Never even noticed if we had any first generation immigrants in government. Not enough to care at least. We could use a lot fewer congress critters like Ilhan Omar but that has noting to do with her immigration status and everything to do with her adherence to shitty policy. Shitty policy backed by a lot of people that are not first generation politicians like Pelosi.

Bush Jr made up lies and invaded Iraq where 500k Iraqis died, and the whole region setup
on flames...and created a void for Alqaeda and ISIS.
I suppose you mean bush43. The misinformation was supplied by the Deep State

And yes, the invasion of iraq was a big mistake

'1st Generation'? You mean 'OLD'?
Nope...I mean unseasoned barley Americans beholden to the values/principles of other nations and or to the interests of the people of other nations.
"barley Americans"? What the heck are those?
Born on this soil but not one of us.
Ambiguous isn't it?
There is no one born in America who is not one of us. White privilege has you believing such garbage. White fragility makes you deny it when you're confronted about it.

Coming from someone born here who would proudly fly an African flag over ours?
Lol you flying a flag of traitors.
You mean patriots right?
Patriots take up arms against a government depriving them of rights...hahaha...you didn’t know that?
Nope traitors. Thry got their asses handed to them.

Could that be why many of us feel America slipping away?
Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens / politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is?
Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people?
How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?
Lol as a naturalized citizen, I'm yet to meet an American born who knows more than me in American history, geography and economy I studied these subjects in 3 different languages throughout middle and high school.
That been said, some.of the founding fathers were 1st generation also.
Yes, anybody who has studied U.S. history in depth is an amazing American...hahaha
Do your eyes well up or do you shed a tear while our national anthem plays as you think about all who have served our nation or do you become agitated as you think of all those poor innocent black folks who have been killed by law enforcement?
Neither. I just wish racists like vanish so we can have less hate.

Are american principles, the american value system and the american way embedded in the DNA of first generation citizens / politicians?
Is the “Squad” and those like them committed to preserving and protecting all that made America what it is?
Are the barely Americans running California looking out for Americans or Mexico’s people?
How many other nations are partly run by first generation citizens and how’s it working for them?
Lol as a naturalized citizen, I'm yet to meet an American born who knows more than me in American history, geography and economy I studied these subjects in 3 different languages throughout middle and high school.
Yes, anybody who has studied U.S. history in depth is an amazing American...hahaha
Do your eyes well up or do you shed a tear while our national anthem plays as you think about all who have served our nation or do you become agitated as you think of all those poor innocent black folks who have been killed by law enforcement?

I’m curious, how is your life affected by scary racism?
When you’re standing at that dimly lit ATM machine at midnight are you looking over your shoulder for that scary dangerous racism or are looking out for dark people in hoodies?
Does this question make you piss yourself?

Care to try AFrench2 ?

When you’re standing at that dimly lit ATM machine at midnight are you looking over your shoulder for that scary dangerous racism or are looking out for dark people in hoodies?

Care to try AFrench2 ?
Haha where i live we dont have racists like you, can't afford living here.:)

Care to try AFrench2 ?

Haha...you Mid-City residents are so privileged...the Left must hate you.
Let’s talk about others then...how are the daily lives of others not so privileged affected by racism and doesn’t the presence of dark people have a much greater negative affect on them?
Are we better off without racists or without dark people?

Why is citizens in the title have quotes? (Apostrophes actually which is even more confusing)

Probably because he is questioning the truthfulness of their citizenship.
And why would that be? Being born here is worthy of being questioned? In what cases? All cases? Or...............................?

No, probably because of the deep anti-Americaness in so many of their words and actions.

Being a citizens requires taking an oath of loyatly.

If they lied when they took the oath, because they hate they are anti-American liberal scum, then they are not really citizens, despite what the paperwork says.

Attacking the Capitol to overturn a free and fair election is what America is about?

I was asked a question and I answered. If you want to reply to my point, address my point. Deflection is what you do, when you are afraid to do that.

You did answer and I questioned your definition of loyalty.

Saying that you are loyal to America when you hate it, is not loyal.

That is true, not matter what other issues you bring up.

YOur pretense otherwise, is you desperately trying to avoid the truth.

I bet you got good grades in drama class.

i bet you realized that you were unable to refute, or even challenge my point.

It is reasonable to question the legitimacy of the citizenship of naturalized citizens who clearly are anti-Americans.
We are talking about first generation citizens....why can't you stay with the topic of the thread?

Never really heard that term used before. Seems to me "First Gen citizen" would include naturalized citizens.

And my point about that stands.

AND, it is worth nothing, that second gen immigrants, are often raised with deep cultural and/or family connections with their parents homeland too.
Nope....First Gen always meant the first born here. That's not changed.

Why is citizens in the title have quotes? (Apostrophes actually which is even more confusing)

And why would that be? Being born here is worthy of being questioned? In what cases? All cases? Or...............................?

No, probably because of the deep anti-Americaness in so many of their words and actions.

If they lied when they took the oath, because they hate they are anti-American liberal scum, then they are not really citizens, despite what the paperwork says.

Attacking the Capitol to overturn a free and fair election is what America is about?

I was asked a question and I answered. If you want to reply to my point, address my point. Deflection is what you do, when you are afraid to do that.

It is reasonable to question the legitimacy of the citizenship of naturalized citizens who clearly are anti-Americans.
We are talking about first generation citizens....why can't you stay with the topic of the thread?

Never really heard that term used before. Seems to me "First Gen citizen" would include naturalized citizens.

AND, it is worth nothing, that second gen immigrants, are often raised with deep cultural and/or family connections with their parents homeland too.
No, it does not. Colloquially, It can be used that way but officially it does not refer to people born here.

"There are two possible meanings of the adjective first generation, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. First generation can refer to a person born in the U.S. to immigrant parents or a naturalized American citizen. Both types of people are considered to be U.S. citizens.

The U.S. government generally accepts the definition that the first member of a family to acquire citizenship or permanent resident status qualifies as the family’s first generation, but the Census Bureau defines only foreign-born individuals as first generation."

And officially:

" The Census Bureau uses the term generational status to refer to the place of birth of an individual or an individual’s parents. Questions on place of birth and parental place of birth are used to define the first, second, and third-and-higher generations. The first generation is composed of individuals who are foreign-born. "

Care to try AFrench2 ?

Haha...you Mid-City residents are so privileged...the Left must hate you.
Let’s talk about others then...how are the daily lives of others not so privileged affected by racism and doesn’t the presence of dark people have a much greater negative affect on them?
Are we better off without racists or without dark people?
Without racists of course :).

Because you've heard all sources of information and discussion and thus know EVERYTHING?

LOL!!!

My point stands.

No, it does not. Colloquially, It can be used that way but officially it does not refer to people born here.

"There are two possible meanings of the adjective first generation, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. First generation can refer to a person born in the U.S. to immigrant parents or a naturalized American citizen. Both types of people are considered to be U.S. citizens.

The U.S. government generally accepts the definition that the first member of a family to acquire citizenship or permanent resident status qualifies as the family’s first generation, but the Census Bureau defines only foreign-born individuals as first generation."

And officially:

" The Census Bureau uses the term generational status to refer to the place of birth of an individual or an individual’s parents. Questions on place of birth and parental place of birth are used to define the first, second, and third-and-higher generations. The first generation is composed of individuals who are foreign-born. "

Thank you.

Forum List

Back