Do republican voters think the GOP actually gives a shit about them?

I’m of course referring to the voters in the poor and middle class because the GOP does absolutely nothing for them in terms of policy. I mean it is straight up laughable anyone keeps voting for the GOP especially when it comes to Trump. I mean that is one powerful moron that has his base fooled he gives a shit about their interests.

Now the understandable reaction to this narrative is to compare how democrats feel about their constituents but I liken that to comparing an elephant to a deer. Are democrats bought by corporate special interests like the GOP is? Of course they are. The difference is that democrats, bought or not, actually push policies that benefit the poor and middle class. Let’s compare platforms of both parties:

Republicans:

1) Cut taxes on the wealthy
2) Deregulate basically anything including policies that ensure clean drinking water for the sake of corporate America making an extra buck.
3) Put migrant children into cages indefinitely while the American tax payer handles the bill. Completely pointless but that’s the GOP for you.

That about covers it doesn’t it? Now let’s look at the Democrat platform. Now I do realize that there plenty of democrats who don’t actually care about the American people, but one cannot deny their collective political interests.

1) Investing in infrastructure
2) Making higher education either more affordable or at no cost
3) Raising the minimum wage which is WAY behind on the cost of living.
4) Making healthcare more affordable
5) Funding scientific research and development.
6) Socializing child care to make it more affordable to impoverished parents or single parents.
7) Recognizing that climate change is a real threat to the survival of the human race in the coming decades.

Now the knee jerk reaction from republicans is that ALL of these policies will fail, but even if that were true, there would be no denying that democrats at least make an attempt to better the lives of everyday Americans.

Actually, all of the Democrat platform has been tried before and had caused nothing but woe for poor people.

Further, the Democrats call everyday Americans "lowlifes" "smelly Walmart shoppers" and "the basket of Deplorables"

I’m of course referring to the voters in the poor and middle class because the GOP does absolutely nothing for them in terms of policy. I mean it is straight up laughable anyone keeps voting for the GOP especially when it comes to Trump. I mean that is one powerful moron that has his base fooled he gives a shit about their interests.

Now the understandable reaction to this narrative is to compare how democrats feel about their constituents but I liken that to comparing an elephant to a deer. Are democrats bought by corporate special interests like the GOP is? Of course they are. The difference is that democrats, bought or not, actually push policies that benefit the poor and middle class. Let’s compare platforms of both parties:

Republicans:

2) Deregulate basically anything including policies that ensure clean drinking water for the sake of corporate America making an extra buck.
3) Put migrant children into cages indefinitely while the American tax payer handles the bill. Completely pointless but that’s the GOP for you.

That about covers it doesn’t it? Now let’s look at the Democrat platform. Now I do realize that there plenty of democrats who don’t actually care about the American people, but one cannot deny their collective political interests.

6) Socializing child care to make it more affordable to impoverished parents or single parents.
7) Recognizing that climate change is a real threat to the survival of the human race in the coming decades.

Now the knee jerk reaction from republicans is that ALL of these policies will fail, but even if that were true, there would be no denying that democrats at least make an attempt to better the lives of everyday Americans.
If you want somebody to care for you get a dog the government is not supposed to care for you its supposed to protect our rights
So elected officials aren’t supposed to do anything when they are elected?
Yes protect our rights, What do you need a mommy?

Republicans:

If you want somebody to care for you get a dog the government is not supposed to care for you its supposed to protect our rights
And what does that entail exactly? What exactly are they supposed to be doing? Lol you’re a crack up.

Republicans:

I think many Republicans believe the GOP cares about them just like many of the Democrats think the DNC cares about them. They are both wrong.

I agree...I often wonder what kind of grown adult NEEDS Father Government to “care” about them. Billy000 enlighten us, what kind of grown adult are you?
You doofus, you can use whatever word you want. What matters is how your elected officials benefit the nation at large. Why did you even vote for Trump if you expect him not to do anything?

haha..see, you lowlifes think Father Government should hold your hand and guide you down a path and that's not the way it works bud...That's not the duty of government. You degenerates simply need to pull your heads from your asses and get your own shit right.

Republicans:

I think many Republicans believe the GOP cares about them just like many of the Democrats think the DNC cares about them. They are both wrong.

I agree...I often wonder what kind of grown adult NEEDS Father Government to “care” about them. Billy000 enlighten us, what kind of grown adult are you?
You doofus, you can use whatever word you want. What matters is how your elected officials benefit the nation at large. Why did you even vote for Trump if you expect him not to do anything?

haha..see, you lowlifes think Father Government should hold your hand and guide you down a path and that's not the way it works bud...That's not the duty of government. You degenerates simply need to pull your heads from your asses and get your own shit right.
See I don’t think you could list examples without contradicting yourself if your life depended on it lol

Republicans:

And what does that entail exactly? What exactly are they supposed to be doing? Lol you’re a crack up.
I just told you what don’t you get?

Republicans:

I’m looking for basic examples. Can you manage that?

Republicans:

See I don’t think you could list examples without contradicting yourself if your life depended on it lol

haha..the example is your OP and every post you've made in this thread. You've made it clear, you believe Father Government is supposed to MAKE you a success.
That's not part of the duty of U.S. government...You'll need to move to some wetback shithole or China to find that Billy.

haha..the example is your OP and every post you've made in this thread. You've made it clear, you believe Father Government is supposed to MAKE you a success.
That's not part of the duty of U.S. government...You'll need to move to some wetback shithole or China to find that Billy.
Yeah I knew it. You don’t actually have examples lol

I’m looking for basic examples. Can you manage that?
Protect our rights,, you tell me what you think that means sound it out in your head lol

Unemployment at a historic low, confidence in the economy at a record high, the DOW constantly in record territory, withdrawing Troops from old conflicts, illegal immigration down around 80%. What has the do-nothing democrat majority in congress done for us lately?

Just don't come crying on this board when thing get worse for us all, you may get what you think you want. your child/ grandchild not so much. I find nothing that resembles a nation united, I can be wrong, its said a nation divided fails time will tell.

Forum List

Back