Do posters really think there's any rational reason to think terrorists are motivated

or deterred by any democratic political party or by what name anyone refers to them by?

Some muslims are insulted by tying "Islamic" to actions that are not consistent with Islam but that's hardly the largest problem with our international relations with muslim maj countries. but this bullshit about dems or gopers being "tougher" on terrorism is just silly.

It was silly when people said Obama was tougher than W because he sent troops into Pak to kill bin laden, when W did not do so. It's true W didn't send troops into Pak, but it wasn't because he was "soft" on terrorism.

It's nice that bin Laden got painfully shredded with lots of American bullets, but did it change anything?

Nope. Not a thing.

So President Obama was wrong to go after him?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Nope. But it didn't change a thing.

Christianity and Judaism were as bad, historically, as Islamic extremist are today. King David was a butcher. The history of Christianity is full of persecutions and massacres.

The question is: Why have Christian, Jews and most Muslims evolved away from interpreting their religions as a license to commit atrocities, while some Muslims have not?

For us non-religious people, it's obvious that almost a organized religions are about brainwashing and using the brainwashed to dominate all other people.

They're a way of declaring anyone who does not conform to their socio-economic order to be EVIL.

The roots of Islamic terrorism lie in the primordial desire to dominate. But in a modern world these Muslims are unable to adapt, unable to compete, so they resort to mass murder in anger and frustration.

We have the docs and the irosies who subscribe to alt-R bs about the maj of muslims being bloodthirsty devils or something, and they are as blind as the Manchester suicide bomber. Their rationale is not rational. Perhaps its attention seeking.

I mean the motivations of bin laden and the core of ISIS are belief that arab states have sold out to the West. That's not baseless, but systematic rape and torture killings are somehow excused. The Taliban are not classic terrorists. But in order to avoid Western corruption, they choose to deny basic healthcare for women. And they NEVER has the consent of the govern. Hobbs argued monarchs were legit, but their legitimacy rested with their willing subjects. I don't think there's much Iranian support for ending their experiment in a theorcratic republic, but individual rights there wouldn't pass in the Age of Elizabeth. And Western homegrown terrorists are beyond rationality because they are people actually personally benefiting from the fruits of being in the West. They can worship as they choose and even protest corruption in the ME without the West putting them in prison. Sending money to hamas apparently got Cat Stevens on a no fly, but we didn't lock him up

The motivations for terrorism are beyond republican and dem labels, and they are just impossible to get one's mind around ... or so it seems.

"We have the docs and the irosies who subscribe to alt-R bs about the maj of muslims being bloodthirsty devils"

What I actually said....

"Islam (as established my Mohammed) was founded on blood. There is nothing anyone can do to change that. "Moderate Muslims" are every bit the infidel to Islamic Fundamentalists as we are."

This makes you a liar little boy ;)

Nobody has ever said that Fundamentalist Islamic adherents are rational. My point stands, you cannot ever understand that they do not THINK like you. They do not value LIFE like you do. Fact, Islam as founded by Mohammed was founded on blood. Your lack of education is troubling, especially when you try to pass yourself off as some sort of expert.

Last edited:
Bin Laden's execution was a case of "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE". It is clear that the wait and then do
a little policy is not working---------but I have no idea how to FIX IT

It was strictly emotional satisfaction. It would not have changed anything earlier or later.

had it been done in the 1980s-----it might have helped

Nope. Squashing Iran in 1979 might have, but Carter wasn't up to it.
It's an asymmetrical war. You can't defeat an ideology militarily that has no geographic basis. The terrorists blame the West for their dissatisfactions, but historically the reasons the western powers entered the picture was there was a lack of political cohesion in muslim maj areas in the first place. I think the dominant thought among western historians is that even the Ottoman Empire just incorporated the political administration of the Byzantines and Eastern Roman Empire.

Supporting the Shah might have helped------killing sadaam in the 1960s might have helped-----
had that all happened-------there would have been no Osama and al Qaeda and Isis
Bin Laden was pissed that we had military bases in Saudi Arabia & interfered in the Middle East.

The solution is to make oil irrelevant & no one will care anymore about the Middle East as Iran ETAL will fade back into the sand with no income. Support greener energy, alternative fuel vehicles, etc & quit will the drill baby drill bullshit.

or deterred by any democratic political party or by what name anyone refers to them by?

Some muslims are insulted by tying "Islamic" to actions that are not consistent with Islam but that's hardly the largest problem with our international relations with muslim maj countries. but this bullshit about dems or gopers being "tougher" on terrorism is just silly.

It was silly when people said Obama was tougher than W because he sent troops into Pak to kill bin laden, when W did not do so. It's true W didn't send troops into Pak, but it wasn't because he was "soft" on terrorism.

It's nice that bin Laden got painfully shredded with lots of American bullets, but did it change anything?

Nope. Not a thing.

Bin laden wasn't isis .

Nope. Not a thing.

Bin laden wasn't isis .

You do know that he didn't say he was, right?

Nobody has ever said that Fundamentalist Islamic adherents are rational. My point stands, you cannot ever understand that they do not THINK like you. They do not value LIFE like you do. Fact, Islam as founded by Mohammed was founded on blood. Your lack of education is troubling, especially when you try to pass yourself off as some sort of expert.

It could just as easily be shown that Judaism was founded on blood - at least the initial establishment of the Jewish Kingdom under David.

Somehow Jews and Christians have evolved - they interpret much of the Bible as symbolic and do not consider it to be a mandate to kill anymore.

The same is true of most Muslims.

It could just as easily be shown that Judaism was founded on blood - at least the initial establishment of the Jewish Kingdom under David.

Somehow Jews and Christians have evolved - they interpret much of the Bible as symbolic and do not consider it to be a mandate to kill anymore.

Muslims don't appear to be evolving.

Incorrect. For Christianity what changed was the New Testament, New Covenant. The Crusades were an affront to God.

Fact, Islam as founded by Mohammed was founded on blood.

So were the Judeo-Christian religions in almost all their forms.

In some cases yes, but their fundamentalists are not killing anyone now are they?

The Israelis have killed more innocent Palestinians than the Palestinians have killed innocent Israelis.

Let's start there...

So now you deflect to the Jews. How very Leftwing of you. Nobody is killing more people than Islam. Period.

Christianity and Judaism were as bad, historically, as Islamic extremist are today. King David was a butcher. The history of Christianity is full of persecutions and massacres.

The question is: Why have Christian, Jews and most Muslims evolved away from interpreting their religions as a license to commit atrocities, while some Muslims have not?

For us non-religious people, it's obvious that almost a organized religions are about brainwashing and using the brainwashed to dominate all other people.

They're a way of declaring anyone who does not conform to their socio-economic order to be EVIL.

The roots of Islamic terrorism lie in the primordial desire to dominate. But in a modern world these Muslims are unable to adapt, unable to compete, so they resort to mass murder in anger and frustration.
I dare you to display that King David was a butcher.
You probably never studied Samuel I & II or Kings.

It was strictly emotional satisfaction. It would not have changed anything earlier or later.

It's an asymmetrical war. You can't defeat an ideology militarily that has no geographic basis. The terrorists blame the West for their dissatisfactions, but historically the reasons the western powers entered the picture was there was a lack of political cohesion in muslim maj areas in the first place. I think the dominant thought among western historians is that even the Ottoman Empire just incorporated the political administration of the Byzantines and Eastern Roman Empire.

Supporting the Shah might have helped------killing sadaam in the 1960s might have helped-----
had that all happened-------there would have been no Osama and al Qaeda and Isis
Bin Laden was pissed that we had military bases in Saudi Arabia & interfered in the Middle East.
Do you know why we have military bases in Saudi Arabia?

In some cases yes, but their fundamentalists are not killing anyone now are they?

The Israelis have killed more innocent Palestinians than the Palestinians have killed innocent Israelis.

Let's start there...

So now you deflect to the Jews. How very Leftwing of you. Nobody is killing more people than Islam. Period.

What do you think Judeo-Christian refers to?

Let's start there...

Please quote where TNT calls for violence.
HINT: You can't.

Do you know why we have military bases in Saudi Arabia?

Would you, for informational purposes, list our military bases in Saudi Arabia?

Let's start there...

Tell me, what do Jews have in common with Christians? Careful, I know what the obvious answer is, but I'll beat you about the head and shoulders with it ;)

Forum List

Back