Do posters really think there's any rational reason to think terrorists are motivated

So were the Judeo-Christian religions in almost all their forms.

In some cases yes, but their fundamentalists are not killing anyone now are they?

The Israelis have killed more innocent Palestinians than the Palestinians have killed innocent Israelis.

Let's start there...

So now you deflect to the Jews. How very Leftwing of you. Nobody is killing more people than Islam. Period.

What do you think Judeo-Christian refers to?
Please quote where TNT calls for violence.
HINT: You can't.

That will be well beyond his mental capabilities.

Nope. Squashing Iran in 1979 might have, but Carter wasn't up to it.
It's an asymmetrical war. You can't defeat an ideology militarily that has no geographic basis. The terrorists blame the West for their dissatisfactions, but historically the reasons the western powers entered the picture was there was a lack of political cohesion in muslim maj areas in the first place. I think the dominant thought among western historians is that even the Ottoman Empire just incorporated the political administration of the Byzantines and Eastern Roman Empire.

Supporting the Shah might have helped------killing sadaam in the 1960s might have helped-----
had that all happened-------there would have been no Osama and al Qaeda and Isis
Bin Laden was pissed that we had military bases in Saudi Arabia & interfered in the Middle East.
Do you know why we have military bases in Saudi Arabia?

Would you, for informational purposes, list our military bases in Saudi Arabia?
We have between 25K-30K American troops in SA protecting their oil fields for free.
I work with a guy who served a term there doing just that.

In some cases yes, but their fundamentalists are not killing anyone now are they?

The Israelis have killed more innocent Palestinians than the Palestinians have killed innocent Israelis.

Let's start there...

So now you deflect to the Jews. How very Leftwing of you. Nobody is killing more people than Islam. Period.

That will be well beyond his mental capabilities.
I thought he had knee-jerks?

It's an asymmetrical war. You can't defeat an ideology militarily that has no geographic basis. The terrorists blame the West for their dissatisfactions, but historically the reasons the western powers entered the picture was there was a lack of political cohesion in muslim maj areas in the first place. I think the dominant thought among western historians is that even the Ottoman Empire just incorporated the political administration of the Byzantines and Eastern Roman Empire.

Supporting the Shah might have helped------killing sadaam in the 1960s might have helped-----
had that all happened-------there would have been no Osama and al Qaeda and Isis
Bin Laden was pissed that we had military bases in Saudi Arabia & interfered in the Middle East.

Riyadh. Why?

Let's start there...

What are you, a Quaker? LOL

Riyadh. Why?
NYC plays the game that if you don't know the name of something you can't comment about it.

Let's start there...

Let's start there...

I warned you, you know anything about the subject, he is correct.

Riyadh. Why?
NYC plays the game that if you don't know the name of something you can't comment about it.

Ah, I see. Typical child.

or deterred by any democratic political party or by what name anyone refers to them by?

Some muslims are insulted by tying "Islamic" to actions that are not consistent with Islam but that's hardly the largest problem with our international relations with muslim maj countries. but this bullshit about dems or gopers being "tougher" on terrorism is just silly.

It was silly when people said Obama was tougher than W because he sent troops into Pak to kill bin laden, when W did not do so. It's true W didn't send troops into Pak, but it wasn't because he was "soft" on terrorism.

It's nice that bin Laden got painfully shredded with lots of American bullets, but did it change anything?

Nope. Not a thing.

Bin Laden's execution was a case of "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE". It is clear that the wait and then do
a little policy is not working---------but I have no idea how to FIX IT

It was strictly emotional satisfaction. It would not have changed anything earlier or later.

had it been done in the 1980s-----it might have helped

The Embassy takeover was not really a terrorist group incident. It was a state-sponsored hybrid form of terrorism. What followed in the 80's was the birth of today's form of terrorism. That is, terror groups, often with covert sponsorship from sovereign nations, but independent terrorist organizations targeting western nations, and particularly the USA. That was started and allowed to grow in the 80's under Ronald Reagan.

It's nice that bin Laden got painfully shredded with lots of American bullets, but did it change anything?

Nope. Not a thing.

Bin Laden's execution was a case of "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE". It is clear that the wait and then do

It was strictly emotional satisfaction. It would not have changed anything earlier or later.

The Embassy takeover was not really a terrorist group incident. It was a state-sponsored hybrid form of terrorism. What followed in the 80's was the birth of today's form of terrorism. That is, terror groups, often with covert sponsorship from sovereign nations, but independent terrorist organizations targeting western nations, and particularly the USA. That was started and allowed to grow in the 80's under Ronald Reagan.

I am quite willing to show you how stupid this is.

Christianity and Judaism were as bad, historically, as Islamic extremist are today. King David was a butcher. The history of Christianity is full of persecutions and massacres.

The question is: Why have Christian, Jews and most Muslims evolved away from interpreting their religions as a license to commit atrocities, while some Muslims have not?

For us non-religious people, it's obvious that almost a organized religions are about brainwashing and using the brainwashed to dominate all other people.

They're a way of declaring anyone who does not conform to their socio-economic order to be EVIL.

The roots of Islamic terrorism lie in the primordial desire to dominate. But in a modern world these Muslims are unable to adapt, unable to compete, so they resort to mass murder in anger and frustration.

Bullshit you liberal educated people are so vastly uneducated in reality you are pathetic.

That would be interesting. I do not think you can do it. You could perhaps start with giving the dates and incidents of middle eastern or Islamic terror groups specifically targeting US citizens before the Reagan era.

Fact, Islam as founded by Mohammed was founded on blood.

Enlighten us then oh holy soothsayer. You liberals always spout your propaganda instead of HISTORICAL FACT. The religious tenets of the Judeo Christian Religion are not Monarchal Church Imperial Crusades.

That would be interesting. I do not think you can do it. You could perhaps start with giving the dates and incidents of middle eastern or Islamic terror groups specifically targeting US citizens before the Reagan era.

There were terrorist attacks long before the embassy was taken in IRAN.

"The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, at which eleven Israeli Olympic team members were taken hostage and eventually killed, along with a German police officer, by the Palestinian terrorist group Black September.[3][4][5][6] Shortly after the crisis began, they demanded 234 prisoners jailed in Israel and the German-held founders of the Red Army Faction (Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof) be released.[7][8] Black September called the operation "Iqrit and Biram",[9] after two Palestinian Christian villages whose inhabitants were expelled by the IDF in 1948."

Munich massacre - Wikipedia

I warned you.

The Embassy takeover was not really a terrorist group incident. It was a state-sponsored hybrid form of terrorism. What followed in the 80's was the birth of today's form of terrorism. That is, terror groups, often with covert sponsorship from sovereign nations, but independent terrorist organizations targeting western nations, and particularly the USA. That was started and allowed to grow in the 80's under Ronald Reagan.[/QUOT]

OK, you made the challenge. I said Reagan helped give birth to modern day terrorism. You said you could prove me wrong. I suggested you give an example of a terrorist attack targeting US citizens before the Reagan era. You have not done so. The key here is when did attacks by middle eastern terrorist groups targeting American citizens begin.

The Embassy takeover was not really a terrorist group incident. It was a state-sponsored hybrid form of terrorism. What followed in the 80's was the birth of today's form of terrorism. That is, terror groups, often with covert sponsorship from sovereign nations, but independent terrorist organizations targeting western nations, and particularly the USA. That was started and allowed to grow in the 80's under Ronald Reagan.[/QUOT]

OK, you made the challenge. I said Reagan helped give birth to modern day terrorism. You said you could prove me wrong. I suggested you give an example of a terrorist attack targeting US citizens before the Reagan era. You have not done so. The key here is when did attacks by middle eastern terrorist groups targeting American citizens begin.

You've already been shown.

"The Munich massacre was an attack during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, at which eleven Israeli Olympic team members were taken hostage and eventually killed, along with a German police officer, by the Palestinian terrorist group Black September.[3][4][5][6] Shortly after the crisis began, they demanded 234 prisoners jailed in Israel and the German-held founders of the Red Army Faction (Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof) be released.[7][8] Black September called the operation "Iqrit and Biram",[9] after two Palestinian Christian villages whose inhabitants were expelled by the IDF in 1948."

I warned you.
That was not an attack on US citizens or US interest. It was an attack by a Palistanian terrorist group on Israel and Israel citizens.

I warned you.
That was not an attack on US citizens or US interest. It was an attack by a Palistanian terrorist group on Israel and Israel citizens.

Give it up kid, your post was only partially about the USA. Pay attention to what you type. I've proven you wrong, deal with it.

Forum List

Back