Do nothing congress

Slackjawed:

Where I went to high school segregation was not the law; however, racial hatred wasn't hard to find. The mid 60s were not far removed from a time when many bars in the area I grew up in had signs in the window reading: NO DOGS or MEXICANS!

Needless that say, blacks (Negroes as they were politely referred to) would've needed much bigger dogs to get into the same bars.

I'm also unsure where racism began, but I'm strongly inclined to suspect the same economic class that gets rich from war and private banking.

Divide and conquer has worked for the last 5000 years.
It still does.

Next November 2nd that could begin to change.

Whether you cast a ballot or not, at least consider the possibility that exactly one year from today 100 Republicans and Democrats have been FLUSHED from the House of Representatives.

Add an even dozen Senators.

Now suppose 75% of their replacements are neither Republican nor Democrat.

That kind of authentic Change would generate a genuine Hope that maybe a small window would open for all humanity.

A window on a world without war and debt and racism.

FLUSH the DC TOILET in 2010!
Remind the Rich why they're afraid of Democracy.

Exactly! Great statement! This is exactly how I feel about it. The current two-party monopoly is slow death sentence for our country and for freedom.
I strongly agree, FLUSH the DC Toilet in 2010!

Thank-you, Slackjawed...

FLUSHING seems like the kind of Change the Internet was made for. I suspect its effectiveness will depend mostly on how greedy Obama, Wall Street, the congress, and the Pentagon become between now and next November 2nd.
Thanks again for your insights and your time.

That's what I want, the less they do the better I like it. we have enough , too many really, federal laws. I think we should wait for them to come back into session and send them on a vacation. When the next congress convenes we should send them on vacation, and so on and so on.
That's right, I think we should give them a pay raise too, but only if they agree not to write any more bills. We have enough bills, so many we will likely never finish paying for them.
Just stop already. Give us a do-nothing congress, that's the best kind to have and one the only kind I can fully support.
Just say no, do nothing, please.

gawd, what an idiot!

say what you want noodleknees but it looks like this election will provide our next congress with a really nice case of gridlock, and I am going to get my wish!

Forum List

Back