Do nothing congress

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
That's what I want, the less they do the better I like it. we have enough , too many really, federal laws. I think we should wait for them to come back into session and send them on a vacation. When the next congress convenes we should send them on vacation, and so on and so on.
That's right, I think we should give them a pay raise too, but only if they agree not to write any more bills. We have enough bills, so many we will likely never finish paying for them.
Just stop already. Give us a do-nothing congress, that's the best kind to have and one the only kind I can fully support.
Just say no, do nothing, please.

That's what I want, the less they do the better I like it. we have enough , too many really, federal laws. I think we should wait for them to come back into session and send them on a vacation. When the next congress convenes we should send them on vacation, and so on and so on.
That's right, I think we should give them a pay raise too, but only if they agree not to write any more bills. We have enough bills, so many we will likely never finish paying for them.
Just stop already. Give us a do-nothing congress, that's the best kind to have and one the only kind I can fully support.

If we had a flat tax we could get rid of the congresscritters. That's all they do all day, and in their dreams too is think how they can levy another tax on us.. fuck em.

Not a bad point. My theory of why the Clowntoon years were good to most of us is that the repubs were out to get Clowntoon and the dems were out to defend him and congress had little spare time to mess with US.

That will really work to fix our infrastructure huh?

citizens asking to be unrepresented, how very stupid

That will really work to fix our infrastructure huh?

citizens asking to be unrepresented, how very stupid

We have too many laws already, every new one we pass just costs us more money.
Passing more laws; ie writing any new bills, is stupid.
The people have to grow up and act like adults. The government was never meant to supply it's citizens with every need in life. Slave owners were the only authority entity I know of that is required to do that.
Life is full of trade-offs.

I would like to see a constitutional ammendment cappiing the total number of laws at the current total.
You want a new law? Get rid of an old one.

didn't Bush promise to clean up our laws?

Last edited:
Too many laws?

what a really fucking stupid issue.

What the fuck does the number have to do with anything?

More laws=less freedom
simple
If I could find one person running for office that would say they would make every effort to stop new bills being written, with the end result being that congress was just a figurehead and they really didn't do anything. I would drop everything and move to their district and dedicate my life to their election effort.

Too many laws?

what a really fucking stupid issue.

What the fuck does the number have to do with anything?

slackjaw is correct.
Many laws are there and not enforced, but could be enforced if desired by some administration.

How many people have been prosecuted for Adultry in the past decade?

How many people have been prosecuted for carrying an icecream cone in their pocket?

Many many stupid and unenforced laws out there. If a law is totally stupid or not enforced it should go away.

Perhaps leglislation stating that if a law has not been enforced in 50 years it si invalid?

Last edited:

That is such an ignorant thing to say. It is actually what the GOP in the late 90's said in defense of them not accomplishing anything good. I can't remember the year but it was a mid term.

Look. From 2000-2006 the GOP passed bills that were bad. It was the biggest push of right wing policies in I don't know how long. They used 9-11 to push their radical agenda.

So now you don't want us to undo all those bad policies that led us to this recession?

Don't address healthcare, even though its costing too much of our gdp?

Don't close loopholes and offshore tax dodgers?

Don't worry about pollution?

Don't fix Nafta?

Bills aren't bad. Bad bills are bad. Not all regulations are bad either.

So you suggest everything is fine in America and just let it be? Let me guess, you didn't vote for Obama?

That is such an ignorant thing to say. It is actually what the GOP in the late 90's said in defense of them not accomplishing anything good. I can't remember the year but it was a mid term.

Look. From 2000-2006 the GOP passed bills that were bad. It was the biggest push of right wing policies in I don't know how long. They used 9-11 to push their radical agenda.

So now you don't want us to undo all those bad policies that led us to this recession?

Don't address healthcare, even though its costing too much of our gdp?

Don't close loopholes and offshore tax dodgers?

Don't worry about pollution?

Don't fix Nafta?

Bills aren't bad. Bad bills are bad. Not all regulations are bad either.

So you suggest everything is fine in America and just let it be? Let me guess, you didn't vote for Obama?

We have too many Laws. If congress does anything, they should work on eliminating laws. I am for a do-nothing congress in a very non-partisan manner. I hate them all.
No i didn't vote for obama, but I did shake his hand in NM and thought about it. I voted libertarian. I live in Mcain's state and have supported him in the past, way in the past. I am against carear politicains as well.
You have your vote- you support big government and a nanny state.
I have mine and will always vote for freedom at any cost.

Maybe the big problem isn't congress.
Maybe it's the corporate two-party choke-hold Republicans and Democrats take turns inflicting upon Americans.

If you're planning to vote next November, and especially if you've never bothered before, think about voting AGAINST every single congressional incumbent on your ballot.

Best case scenario...exactly one year from today, there are 40-50 new House members and 5-6 virgin(?) Senators waiting to join the 112th congress, and 90% of them are neither Republican nor Democrat.

Remind corporations why they fear Democracy.

Maybe the big problem isn't congress.
Maybe it's the corporate two-party choke-hold Republicans and Democrats take turns inflicting upon Americans.

If you're planning to vote next November, and especially if you've never bothered before, think about voting AGAINST every single congressional incumbent on your ballot.

Best case scenario...exactly one year from today, there are 40-50 new House members and 5-6 virgin(?) Senators waiting to join the 112th congress, and 90% of them are neither Republican nor Democrat.

Remind corporations why they fear Democracy.

This post displays the same sentiments as my op. Stop voting for incumbents is a good start. Vote third parties is even better.
The current two-party monopoly is dangerous and is taking our freedoms.
This is a start.....
A do-nothing congress would be ideal.
The only ones that want to continue business as usual are the ones that want to establish more of a nanny state in this country.
Never vote for incumbents, here is the term limits you have been asking for. Term limits are in the voters hands. Government was never meant to be a full-time job or a career.
Career politicians are leeches on society.

It used to freak people out when I said I was considering voting for Kerry............... But they came around when I explained that it was only because in 30 years in the senate he hasn't managed to do anything, and that's the kind of government I can go for!

Slackjaw:

When you say no new bills, does that apply to the Pentagon?

A cynic might suspect you've found the solution to the American Empire.

You might also consider the Conservative Nanny State that Dean Baker writes about. It's available on-line without charge.

"Forget the pork rinds and the hokey Texas accent: Conservative government is government for and by the upper class." Thomas Frank author of What's the Matter with Kansas?

Slackjaw:

When you say no new bills, does that apply to the Pentagon?

A cynic might suspect you've found the solution to the American Empire.

You might also consider the Conservative Nanny State that Dean Baker writes about. It's available on-line without charge.

"Forget the pork rinds and the hokey Texas accent: Conservative government is government for and by the upper class." Thomas Frank author of What's the Matter with Kansas?

Yup, the pentagon too.
I am anxiously waiting for a politician who runs on th eplatform of disassembling this huge government that we now have because every politician up til now ran on a platform of 'doing something, ie; writing more bills into law.
More laws=less freedom.
I am for more freedom, right up to the point of anarchy.
conservative/liberal/republican/democrat= all the same, all want more control over my freedoms.
This isn't a partisan issue, nor is it an issue of conservative>liberal.
This is an issue of freedom or no freedom.
Give me a do-nothing congress, better yet, give me a congress that will work towards restoring this government to what it was when it was founded.

Question:

If pro is the opposite of con then what is the opposite of progress?

Answer:

Congress

Forum List

Back