Do Not Boycott Israel - Letter To Edinburgh University

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This thread is about why the world should not boycott Israel. Recently I was sent this letter which was written some time ago the Edinburgh University Student Association. I found the points made to be very important and worthy of discussion. One point made was if Hitler were on the earth today he would also be demanding the boycott of Israel. Yet Israeli is defending herself from the same type of anti-semitic hatred and propaganda today!

I feel this subject needs to be discussed by the Israel supporters as well as those pro-Palestinian voices that are supporting the Arabs in Gaza. I believe it is also important to distinguish who is who in this conflict and address the motives behind demanding a boycott of Israel and why this is not benefial to either side of the conflict. I feel that this demand to boycott Israel is both harmful and unjust. The author of the letter has given good reason for all to consider that boycotting Israel has been based on false evidence.

Examination of the letter written is where we begin. It was written by someone who states they are an Edinburgh graduate (MA 1975) who studied Persian, Arabic and Islamic History in Buccleuch Place under William Montgomery Watt and Laurence Elwell Sutton, two of Britain’s great Middle East experts in their day. This individual states that later they went on to do a PhD at Cambridge and to teach Arabic and Islamic Studies at Newcastle University. The author of the letter is also the author of several books as well and I find this person to be thoroughly qualified in explaining to us why we should not be boycotting Israel! The author has also done an outstanding job of explaining why there has never been a system of apartheid in Israel.

Both pro Israel and pro palestinians are invited to discuss. Thank you for your participation.

A Liberal Defence of Israel Letter to Edinburgh University Student Association
We are going through the biggest upheaval in the Middle East since the 7th and 8th centuries, and it’s clear that Arabs and Iranians are rebelling against terrifying regimes that fight back by killing their own citizens. Israeli citizens, Jews and Arabs alike, do not rebel (though they are free to protest). Yet Edinburgh students mount no demonstrations and call for no boycotts against Libya, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Iran. They prefer to make false accusations against one of the world’s freest countries, the only country in the Middle East that has taken in Darfur refugees, the only country in the Middle East that gives refuge to gay men and women, the only country in the Middle East that protects the Baha’is.... Need I go on? The imbalance is perceptible, and it sheds no credit on anyone who voted for this boycott. I ask you to show some common sense. Get information from the Israeli embassy. Ask for some speakers. Listen to more than one side. Do not make your minds up until you have given a fair hearing to both parties.

Last edited:
Supporting Israel is no different than supporting fascist Nazi Germany in the 1930's and 40's ...... :cool:

Sunni man, did you read the letter before commenting? Please click the link - written in red letters - and then show me where this Ph d professor is mistaken in his analysis and stating of the facts. I am not inviting empty accusations or personal attacks on Israel but rather your stating why you believe this professor is mistaken and what evidence you can provide the readers to sustantiate your claims. Thank you, Sunni Man. I appreciate your participation so that we have both sides discussing why they believe their should be a boycott of Israel and why they do not believe there should be a boycott of Israel.

That is the beauty of such discussions. They bring forth the truth so that everyone has an opportunity to review the facts vs the propaganda which was not based on any facts - and get to the truth of the matter.

One such example of propaganda would be that Israel has a system of apartheid. Obviously, they do not. The truth is that Israel has never had a system of apartheid.

It is always good to present the truth and make it known for others. Mein Kampf was based on a lie and in hindsight we see why Hitler prevailed. His propaganda was not challenged. This is something that must never happen again. Never again. We must expose propaganda for what it is. A lie that is told repeatedly and eventually believed by people because it was not challenged strongly enough with the truth. The Truth is the greatest weapon against propaganda. Once a lie has been exposed as a lie it has lost its power entirely.

One such example of propaganda would be that Israel has a system of apartheid. Obviously, they do not. The truth is that Israel has never had a system of apartheid.
Israel has apartheid roads........one for arabs and one for Jews ........running parallel next to each other. .... :cool:

Oh my goodness! Sunni Man! Who are you listening to? There are Arabs driving on those roads every single day! There are Arabs serving in Government in Israel! The Arabs of Israel are sharing the roads with the Jews of Israel! Do you even know what the definition of Apartheid is? Here. Look at this pdf file and understand what you have been told is not true!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-oCIAg&usg=AFQjCNHplBHgtS579sXpKvlaIS8V0zAZtw

No objective observer could claim that there is Apartheid in Israel. There are Arab parliamentarians, Arab judges including on the Supreme Court, Arab cabinet ministers, Arab diplomats in the Foreign Service, and very senior Arab police and army officers.

Guess what roads these Arab men, women all drive to work on, Sunni man? The very same roads the Jews and Christians and atheists drive on!!! Israel does not have a system of apartheid! Do you know what apartheid is?

Last edited:
1. there is not and has never been a system of apartheid in Israel.

Bullshit. Of course it is an Apartheid state. Gaza and the West Bank are equivalent to the Bantustans in Apartheid South Africa.

2. Where are the Israeli concentration camps?

Just because the Israeli Jews use bombs to murder hundreds of children in Gaza rather than gas and ovens, does it make it any different?

3. Under Israeli law, Arab Israelis have exactly the same rights as Jews or anyone else; Muslims have the same rights as Jews or Christians;

Bullshit.

A Jew from anywhere has the right of return. A Muslim or Christian who lost his father's or grand parents's home and land cannot return to his land.

Land-ownership "Overall, Israeli laws and ILA policy prohibit Arabs from buying, leasing or using land exclusively reserved for Jews."

Israel 8217 s Discriminatory Land Policies Global Research

The whole letter is full of lies.

For example:

"Arabs in Israel can go anywhere they want, unlike blacks in apartheid South Africa."

Total bullshit. Arabs can't even travel on some roads.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-oCIAg&usg=AFQjCNHplBHgtS579sXpKvlaIS8V0zAZtw
Apartheid has been defined as a “social and political policy of racial segregation and discrimination enforced by white minority governments in South Africa from 1948 to 1994.”
13 A dictionary definition is “racial segregation; specifically: a former policy of
segregation and political and economic discrimination against non-European groups
in the Republic of South Africa.”
14 It was a situation where the black majority of the population was segregated, discriminated against, and denied the right to vote in the general elections and participate in the government.
15 Among the prominent features of South African Apartheid policies were:» Prohibition of marriages between white people and people of other races.16» Prohibition of extra-marital sex relations between white and black people.
17» Forced physical separation between races by creating different residential areas for
different races.
18» Prohibiting a black person from performing any skilled work in urban areas except
in those sections designated for black occupation.
19» Prohibiting colored persons from voting in general elections.20
» Requiring all black persons to carry a special pass, at all times. No black person could
leave a rural area for an urban one without a permit from the local authorities.
21» Prohibiting strike action by blacks.
22» Establishing a Black Education Department. Verwoerd (then Minister of Native
Affairs, later Prime Minister) stated that its aim was to prevent Africans from
receiving an education that would lead them to aspire to positions they wouldn’t be
allowed to hold in society.
23 Black students were banned from attending major white universities.
24» The so-called “petty segregation” in all public amenities,......
In examining the definition of apartheid we see clearly the Israelis have not done this to their Arab population nor have they done this to the Ethiopians who made aliyah there. There is no separation between Jew and Ethiopian nor Jew and Arab in the State of Israel. There is no system of apartheid in Israel.

Last edited:

Do you think linking us to Zionist funded propaganda changes the fact that Israel is an Apartheid state?

I think I would rather believe South Africans who lived under Apartheid:

"
South Africans: Israeli Apartheid “More Terrifying” than South Africa … “Worse Than Conditions Were for Blacks Under the Apartheid Regime” … “Far Worse Than Apartheid South Africa”

South Africans Israeli Apartheid More Terrifying than South Africa Worse Than Conditions Were for Blacks Under the Apartheid Regime Far Worse Than Apartheid South Africa Washington s Blog

Supporting Israel is no different than supporting fascist Nazi Germany in the 1930's and 40's ......
Fascists, calling others fascists. Funny.

According to Geert Wilders video - he believes that Islam must be reclassified as a fascist idealogy but not classified as a religion. I believe he has made some very valid points in his addressing Islam and also Brother Rachid who recently made a video entitled Message to President Obama. Both men have their finger on the pulse of what Islam is about. This is not about property rights - this is about the destruction of Israel. Which is why a boycott of Israel is unjust and should not be heeded. It is based on propaganda by people intent on her destruction. As Israel is fighting our war - we should all be fighting hers as well and stop this propaganda against her - accusing her of being an apartheid state. It is utter nonsense - does she have the right to defend herself from terrorists - to build a wall to keep them out? Of course she does! Let us not be ridiculous here. Seriously. What nonsense.

Israel has apartheid roads........one for arabs and one for Jews ........running parallel next to each other. ....
Palistan is totally apartheidally judenrein. So what?

The arabs who live in Israel have access to all the roads on Israel - these people are upset that HAMAS and its supporters do not have access to those roads. Is that nerve or what? Seriously. The Israelis are not stupid. The wall and the checkpoints are necessary. Do people have any idea how many people have been murdered in Iraq due to road side bombs? Are they meshugenah or what? Those roads must be protected from terrorists. No question about it. Look at the history of these terrrorists - HAMAS, Hiszobollah and the people who support them. Look at ISIL and ISIS. This is Islam people. Pay attention to the son of an Imam who just made a video to the president educating him on the truth about Islam. ISIL is the replica of Mohammads teachings according to his testimony. Listen to it. Israel has to protect herself. She has ever right to protect herself.

This thread is about why the world should not boycott Israel. Recently I was sent this letter which was written some time ago the Edinburgh University Student Association. I found the points made to be very important and worthy of discussion. One point made was if Hitler were on the earth today he would also be demanding the boycott of Israel. Yet Israeli is defending herself from the same type of anti-semitic hatred and propaganda today!

I feel this subject needs to be discussed by the Israel supporters as well as those pro-Palestinian voices that are supporting the Arabs in Gaza. I believe it is also important to distinguish who is who in this conflict and address the motives behind demanding a boycott of Israel and why this is not benefial to either side of the conflict. I feel that this demand to boycott Israel is both harmful and unjust. The author of the letter has given good reason for all to consider that boycotting Israel has been based on false evidence.

Examination of the letter written is where we begin. It was written by someone who states they are an Edinburgh graduate (MA 1975) who studied Persian, Arabic and Islamic History in Buccleuch Place under William Montgomery Watt and Laurence Elwell Sutton, two of Britain’s great Middle East experts in their day. This individual states that later they went on to do a PhD at Cambridge and to teach Arabic and Islamic Studies at Newcastle University. The author of the letter is also the author of several books as well and I find this person to be thoroughly qualified in explaining to us why we should not be boycotting Israel! The author has also done an outstanding job of explaining why there has never been a system of apartheid in Israel.

Both pro Israel and pro palestinians are invited to discuss. Thank you for your participation.

A Liberal Defence of Israel Letter to Edinburgh University Student Association
We are going through the biggest upheaval in the Middle East since the 7th and 8th centuries, and it’s clear that Arabs and Iranians are rebelling against terrifying regimes that fight back by killing their own citizens. Israeli citizens, Jews and Arabs alike, do not rebel (though they are free to protest). Yet Edinburgh students mount no demonstrations and call for no boycotts against Libya, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Iran. They prefer to make false accusations against one of the world’s freest countries, the only country in the Middle East that has taken in Darfur refugees, the only country in the Middle East that gives refuge to gay men and women, the only country in the Middle East that protects the Baha’is.... Need I go on? The imbalance is perceptible, and it sheds no credit on anyone who voted for this boycott. I ask you to show some common sense. Get information from the Israeli embassy. Ask for some speakers. Listen to more than one side. Do not make your minds up until you have given a fair hearing to both parties.

Denis M. MacEoin: Senior Editor from 2009–2010 at Middle East Quarterly, a publication of the right wing American think tank Middle East Forum where he is now a fellow. MacEoin is a pro-Israel campaigner who has publicly stated his negaive views about Islam. He is currently on the board of a pro-Israel advocacy organisation StandWithUs. So no bias there and certainly no Liberalism, just a regurgitation of the standard Hasbara.

His "letter" claims there is no South African style Apartheid in Zionist Israel, which may well be true inside Zionist israel proper, however the Crime of Apartheid has been defined as, "...institutionalized regime of systematic oppression and domination by one racial group over any other racial group or groups and committed with the intention of maintaining that regime." and "...inhuman acts committed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining domination by one racial group of persons over any other racial group of persons and systematically oppressing them." Both these definitions apply to Zionist israeli activities in Occupied Palestine so the Zionist state, by pursuing it's activities is a criminal Apartheid state.

Israel has rolled out a new apartheid bus system so that Palestinians have to take separate busses from Jews if they want to use the public transport system. ..... :cool:

These people should not even be permitted inside Israel. I disagree with Israel in permitting such a thing. The Israelis are far too generous. Far too generous.

These people should not even be permitted inside Israel. I disagree with Israel in permitting such a thing. The Israelis are far too generous. Far too generous.
Now the true hate of the fake christian Jeremiah comes out for all to see. ...... :eusa_naughty:

Jeremiah......WWJD?? ...... :cool:

Last edited:
1. there is not and has never been a system of apartheid in Israel.

Bullshit. Of course it is an Apartheid state. Gaza and the West Bank are equivalent to the Bantustans in Apartheid South Africa.

2. Where are the Israeli concentration camps?

Just because the Israeli Jews use bombs to murder hundreds of children in Gaza rather than gas and ovens, does it make it any different?

3. Under Israeli law, Arab Israelis have exactly the same rights as Jews or anyone else; Muslims have the same rights as Jews or Christians;

Bullshit.

A Jew from anywhere has the right of return. A Muslim or Christian who lost his father's or grand parents's home and land cannot return to his land.

Land-ownership "Overall, Israeli laws and ILA policy prohibit Arabs from buying, leasing or using land exclusively reserved for Jews."

Israel 8217 s Discriminatory Land Policies Global Research

The whole letter is full of lies.

For example:

"Arabs in Israel can go anywhere they want, unlike blacks in apartheid South Africa."

Total bullshit. Arabs can't even travel on some roads.

I do not believe the Israelis should permit these people inside Israel at all. I'd stop the work visas completey - as well. Read Nehemiah 4 and note the Arabs were told they had no part in Israel. I stand with the words of Nehemiah and Ezra on that one - every word. Send every one of them packing now and put them out of the country. Before God does it and they'll be burying them instead. The Arabs don't belong there and neither do their mosques. When Obadiah's prophecy comes to pass - it will be too late. There is no fellowship between the followers of Belial and the children of God. Period.

Forum List

Back