Zone1 Do most people have an established tipping point

the watcher

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2016
that defines an irreversible moment in government? It's not like a meteor strike will doom the US, it's more like the death of a thousand cuts. I had always thought martial law would do it for me, but we seem to be accepting limited versions of this as long as the narrative seems semi plausible. Runaway inflation, poor job outlook, lawlessness and drug crime, endless war, immigration burdens, civil disobedience, corrupt politicians and media, poor performance in the educational system, etc and no one really seems to care. I guess as long as there is some hope. real or imagined, we will plod along until it is really too late to react. Do nations actually know when they've shit the bed, or do they just go to sleep?

that defines an irreversible moment in government? It's not like a meteor strike will doom the US, it's more like the death of a thousand cuts. I had always thought martial law would do it for me, but we seem to be accepting limited versions of this as long as the narrative seems semi plausible. Runaway inflation, poor job outlook, lawlessness and drug crime, endless war, immigration burdens, civil disobedience, corrupt politicians and media, poor performance in the educational system, etc and no one really seems to care. I guess as long as there is some hope. real or imagined, we will plod along until it is really too late to react. Do nations actually know when they've shit the bed, or do they just go to sleep?
Everything man puts his hand to is doomed to failure

Or had you not noticed?

If there were no liberals, we would be close to utopia

liberals are driving this country whacko

1698340637128.png

Yes, government takeover of healthcare, the justice system and the Media. Oh wait.....

If it doesn’t affect me or mine personally, I don’t care what they do.

Perfectly leftist POV. It's so funny that y'all can try to convince US that you just don't care while you work so hard at trying to convince your own culties how much you do care.

A number of unique advantages stopped working for the United States during the inflationary recession of 1974. Republicans tried to mask the national economic decline with deficit spending,. That led to the inflation they blame on the Democrats.

Neither party can restore the robust, economic growth we enjoyed from 1945 to 1973. Hard times are coming.

Are you referring to some measurable quality past which a person acts against the law , or something ?
When you have a stupid lazy President and his backers in denial , it is far more likely that they hold on because it is worse to elect a fool than to be a fool
Too late is a cumulative thing, bad people, immoral people ADD UP to a bad society.
Get straight with God and neighbor before all else.

Income tax that funds welfare.
Amen.
America is funding poverty.
What is "funding poverty"?
It is like anything else that is funded. It cannot exist at the level it is, without that funding.
There are several million people who are receiving funding via the IRS, that enables them to live without having a job. And the only way they can do it - is that funding.
Otherwise - they would have to get a job.

Do nations actually know when they've shit the bed, or do they just go to sleep?
A non predictable matter for exactness but in the present case of the US it seems remarkably deaf and blind .

But nation are like individuals and look to Deflection and Coping strategies-- but stupidly pick the wrong ones .

The mere fact we are going to be stuck choosing between Trump and Biden for a second time is proof we have already gone past the tipping point and are now careening down the mountain side

The mere fact we are going to be stuck choosing between Trump and Biden for a second time is proof we have already gone past the tipping point and are now careening down the mountain side
I intend to vote for Biden, but I wish we had a better choice than Biden and Trump.

Forum List

Back