Do Masks Work?

You know, you really should stop when you are behind. It only gets worse for you with your every post.

You continue with your insipid posts, having zero facts to back them up and expose your stupidity.

Thank you for your advice but it comes from a spurious source. An idiot.

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

Why do surgeons use them in surgery then ? You should learn about Louis Pasteur and aseptic technique.

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

We had the mildest flu season last year; could everyone wearing masks have had something to do with it ? THINK !

No, it goes to a spurious source and an idiot. Using obvious projection further solidifies your status as village idiot.
Very poor rebuttal. Like true republicans , never had an original thought in your life. You're not in the game you imbecile.

Very poor rebuttal. Like true republicans , never had an original thought in your life. You're not in the game you imbecile.
And you know noting that you claim to know. You assign names and thinks that makes a fact.

I told you before that you are way out of your league and you continue to prove it with your moronic posts.

As for original thoughts, who provides you with all of your thoughts as they are hardly original and just filled with hate for your betters, which is everyone.

BTW, hate to disappoint you but I am not a republican, but unaffiliated which must drive you out of your mind, if you had one.

And you know noting that you claim to know. You assign names and thinks that makes a fact.

You're problem is I'm a Democrat and you don't like me invading your little tabernacle of right wing politics.

I told you before that you are way out of your league and you continue to prove it with your moronic posts.

I haven't seen anything ftom you to suggest You are qualified to judge any one. It's not as if intelligence has permanent residence between your ears.

As for original thoughts, who provides you with all of your thoughts as they are hardly original and just filled with hate for your betters, which is everyone.

Oh the irony. The gall of you to suggest I hate. Have a look at some of the nut jobs on here. I Can recall 2 occasions where it was suggested all democrats be eliminated. Not much hate attached to that ay.

BTW, hate to disappoint you but I am not a republican, but unaffiliated which must drive you out of your mind, if you had one.

You are a republican and don't be so stupid to think I can't pick that.
Again, you purely hate me because I can stick it up your Republican nose and you can do nothing but whinge and moan because you have no answers.
So you blurt the normal intellectual assassination, the only defence you have.

It's about now you wished you had shut your mouth. Every time you reply I get another whack at you. Have another go.

Why do surgeons use them in surgery then ? You should learn about Louis Pasteur and aseptic technique.

Surgeons are worried about bacteria, hairs, protozoa, etc.
They are not worried about viruses.
You can get injected with covid and it won't do a thing.
Covid can only live in air passages, not in any bodily fluid.

Masks can't trap viruses because they are too small, once the saliva droplets have evaporated.

Another idiotic post from you, trying to promote yourself from the basement of lack of thought and reason.

Once again you fail. The continuing tale of Colin Norris.

No, that's actually not true. Read my links.

You really don't think people study real world data?

Not necessarily. Studying data often times happens in the real world because you can't duplicate events that take place in a lab. Like a pandemic for example.

^Moron.

Sorry. but there are no REAL studies showing masks work, because they do not.
The studies that cheat just check that exhaled virus in the first 15 minutes are all stuck to very large saliva droplets.
But after 15 minutes the water evaporates and the virus are no longer bound, so easily blow away again into the air.
So the only studies that indicate masks work are fake, that just check the first 15 minutes or less.

The studies that cheat just check that exhaled virus in the first 15 minutes are all stuck to very large saliva droplets.
But after 15 minutes the water evaporates and the virus are no longer bound, so easily blow away again into the air.
So the only studies that indicate masks work are fake, that just check the first 15 minutes or less.
Rely on science? Not going to happen with the maskers or the government.

Ok. Then how about better masks that do?

Actually no masks can ever be fine enough to filter out a virus as small as covid.
They can catch the water droplets the virus originally is stuck to, but are then useless once the water evaporates in 15 minutes.

Here is the ONLY PPE gear that actually do work on viruses.

3m-complete-versaflo-powered-air-purifying-respirator-papr-kit-for-pharmaceutical-and-health-facilities-hood-facepiece.jpg

Says you and you don't count.

Translation: If a study contradicts my own beliefs pulled out of my butt I ignore it.

Says you and you don't count.

Translation: If a study contradicts my own beliefs pulled out of my butt I ignore it.
Or5, in your case, if it proves you are wrong y0u ignore it in hopes of currying favor with your lord and master Fauci who does your thinking for you.

Or5, in your case, if it proves you are wrong y0u ignore it in hopes of currying favor with your lord and master Fauci who does your thinking for you.

Something wrong with your keyboard?

The studies I posted obviously didn't prove me wrong. doy!

Something wrong with your keyboard?

The studies I posted obviously didn't prove me wrong. doy!
They also did not prove you correct either.

Perhaps you should acquire a new keyboard, one that type the truth. Hard to find from a liberal vendor.

They also did not prove you correct either.

Perhaps you should acquire a new keyboard, one that type the truth. Hard to find from a liberal vendor.
They did and as far as I can tell not one of you even attempted to debunk them. You tell me they are wrong but why do I care the fuck you think?

They did and as far as I can tell not one of you even attempted to debunk them. You tell me they are wrong but why do I care the fuck you think?
Ah, resorting to profanity which proves that you have no actual facts and have refused to read any literature on the subject that disagrees with you. A true follower of Fauci and his lies.

As for what you can tell, funny how tunnel vision limits what you wish to see or understand.

Forum List

Back