Do many of you that hate and are envious of the top 1% think they spend it or bury it?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I am confident that most of you that hate and are jealous of the top 1% think the 1%ers spend all their money or they bury it in the backyard. I am sure you have no idea what comprises these "1%ers" assets.
First for those of you that can't be bothered with the facts here are 2 examples of ordinary people that
became part of the 1%ers!

Barrett Yeretsian, 34, lives in the southern California suburb of Glendale, CA in a totally non-descript condo — the same one he grew up in. Yeretsian says growing up, he was solidly middle class. His mom, a widow, owned an Armenian book store in Los Angeles, and money was sometimes tight. Scholarships and help from family got him through college at UCLA.

When he graduated, he turned down acceptance at two top law schools in favor of trying to make it in the music industry, as a song-writer and producer. After years almost making it, a few years ago, a song he wrote in his bedroom, became thissmash hit, Jar of Hearts, after it debuted on the reality show “So You Think You Can Dance.”
Literally over night, “everything changed,” Yeretsian says. Including his income.
That year he catapulted in to the 1 percent.
But, he says, tries not to live like he has. “Keep the overhead low. Enjoy life,” is his philosophy. (He was a philosophy major in college, and traces his non-lavish lifestyle back to reading Thoreau’s Walden.)

“Don't get me wrong, I go to Hawaii every year,” he says. And he’s bought several rental properties as investments. “Financially, I’m in a comfortable position. I think that's the big difference is you have that comfort.”

Or how about: Jason Laan is another recent arrival to the 1 percent, who made the leap after his iPhone app made it big. For him, the surprising thing about being at the top is that it doesn't always feel like the top.

“The 1 percenters we think of spend $10,000 on a commode,” Laan says. “
If you make $340,000” — the approximate household income needed to break into the 1 percent in the last few years — “you're not going to waste money on something like that.”

Laan says the year he made enough to qualify as a “1 percenter,” he asked his accountant about whether he should consider trying to take advantage of tax loop holes or off-shore accounts, to protect some of his money. His accountant laughed and told him he wasn't rich enough.

“You’re not connected enough to try to hide your assets in such a way,” Laan recalls his accountant saying. “You can’t afford the overhead.”
Making it to the 1 percent is more common than you think | Marketplace.org

BUT of course most of you that hate the evil 1%ers only consider the Trumps, Gates, etc. but the majority of the 1%ers are not what you people that hate them really are portrayed!

Even the left biased HuffingtonPost was surprised!
Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 9.32.48 AM.png

Where The 1 Percent Really Get Their Money

So that makes it a simple accumulation and not compensation/retirement!

Here is an example of another 1% er I wish all could emulate. No, not George Soros. This is a man with honor, principles, dignity and common sense who he isn't a Republican. He is an amazing human-being who had a great father and mother in the home as he was growing up.

I am confident that most of you that hate and are jealous of the top 1% think the 1%ers spend all their money or they bury it in the backyard. I am sure you have no idea what comprises these "1%ers" assets.
First for those of you that can't be bothered with the facts here are 2 examples of ordinary people that

Barrett Yeretsian, 34, lives in the southern California suburb of Glendale, CA in a totally non-descript condo — the same one he grew up in. Yeretsian says growing up, he was solidly middle class. His mom, a widow, owned an Armenian book store in Los Angeles, and money was sometimes tight. Scholarships and help from family got him through college at UCLA.

When he graduated, he turned down acceptance at two top law schools in favor of trying to make it in the music industry, as a song-writer and producer. After years almost making it, a few years ago, a song he wrote in his bedroom, became thissmash hit, Jar of Hearts, after it debuted on the reality show “So You Think You Can Dance.”
Literally over night, “everything changed,” Yeretsian says. Including his income.
But, he says, tries not to live like he has. “Keep the overhead low. Enjoy life,” is his philosophy. (He was a philosophy major in college, and traces his non-lavish lifestyle back to reading Thoreau’s Walden.)

“Don't get me wrong, I go to Hawaii every year,” he says. And he’s bought several rental properties as investments. “Financially, I’m in a comfortable position. I think that's the big difference is you have that comfort.”

Or how about: Jason Laan is another recent arrival to the 1 percent, who made the leap after his iPhone app made it big. For him, the surprising thing about being at the top is that it doesn't always feel like the top.

If you make $340,000” — the approximate household income needed to break into the 1 percent in the last few years — “you're not going to waste money on something like that.”

Laan says the year he made enough to qualify as a “1 percenter,” he asked his accountant about whether he should consider trying to take advantage of tax loop holes or off-shore accounts, to protect some of his money. His accountant laughed and told him he wasn't rich enough.

“You’re not connected enough to try to hide your assets in such a way,” Laan recalls his accountant saying. “You can’t afford the overhead.”

BUT of course most of you that hate the evil 1%ers only consider the Trumps, Gates, etc. but the majority of the 1%ers are not what you people that hate them really are portrayed!

View attachment 52742

Republicans once again show themselves to be such binary people. They always give you two unrealistic choices. No one knows "either/or" like they do.

Republicans once again show themselves to be such binary people. They always give you two unrealistic choices. No one knows "either/or" like they do.

There's never any grey area or middle ground with those people.

View attachment 52742

Thank you for this. I've been trying to explain this to people for years.

These are the people who get really screwed paying taxes. They make a nice living but get taxed into oblivion and it doesn't roll off their backs like it does for trump or gates or buffet.

View attachment 52742

These are the people who get really screwed paying taxes. They make a nice living but get taxed into oblivion and it doesn't roll off their backs like it does for trump or gates or buffet.
"A nice living"??:lmao:

Most taxes come from the upper middle class. People in the 1% are not suffering.

Elvis is good! Or buddha! ? No need to be racist with your worship.

View attachment 52742

Most taxes come from the upper middle class. People in the 1% are not suffering.

In California 350 grand a year wouldn't buy you a 1000 square foot house on the freeway.

View attachment 52742

The fiscal Libertarian inside of me assumes the top 1% are probably just investing their money where it get's the best return.

Right now, that doesn't always include investing money in the American middle class given their benefit rich expectations.

Having said that, micromanagement of necessary public assistance programs is viewed as "cruel" in many cases, and far too labor intensive. It's also a vote killer for the legislators that propose that kind of austerity.

Neither the Republicans, nor Democrats, have the ability to stop an individual from sucking it up, and preparing themselves for the higher paying jobs emerging these days.

It seems to me that taxes, deficits, and debt variations haven't always driven middle class prosperity. Innovation has.

View attachment 52742

In California 350 grand a year wouldn't buy you a 1000 square foot house on the freeway.
It would if no one could afford what it CAN buy. its ridiculous wealth disparity that over inflate the price of everything. Thats the point you arent getting.

View attachment 52742

It would if no one could afford what it can buy.
Wrong. Tract houses here sell for well over a million dollars. Houses on the freeway about 600 grand.

View attachment 52742

So who has divided the country between those of us 99% and the 1%ers?
I haven't and while I am registered as a Republican I am more a member of the "Principled" Party.
What people are more concerned about taking away rather then building up?
Which group is more inclined to let people alone rather then tell us where and when to crap!

I'm pretty confident that Bernie/Hillary are making up sides right now!
I'm a Trump person after he told me like Reagan did "I didn't leave the Democrat party, the party left me"... meaning instead of the ideals that most Americans
believe in, i.e. hard work, reliability, self-sufficiency (my parents would be considered at the poverty level when I was 10 years old...we didn't know that as we
were self-sufficient...i.e. grew a lot of our own food, shovel sidewalks mowed lawns delivered papers all to the benefit of our poverty level family!).
So my point is why are people obviously like you so bent on trying to take away from others when it would be so much better and frankly easier to become like the above two examples... do something unique and earn handsomely from it!

View attachment 52742

Wrong. Tract houses here sell for well over a million dollars. Houses on the freeway about 600 grand.

Wait a sec. If the 1 percent can't buy them, then who does?
The minus 1%? Saudi Princes--who?

Wait a sec. If the 1 percent can't buy them, then who does?
The minus 1%? Saudi Princes--who?
California has become the most elitist liberal state in the nation.

There are a lot of saudi's living here and they are mega rich.

I think that's one reason we have so many homeless that and the nice weather.

Forum List

Back