Do Jews like prophet Jesus?

Jews don't believe in Prophet Jesus.

Christians accuse Jews of killing Prophet Jesus.

Muslims believe in both Prophets of God: Moses and Jesus.

In the light of the above stated facts, Rabbi Tovia Singer tries to answer this question:

Some accept Jesus as a jewish teacher but not as god

Some think Jesus is a God? Okay........

>>Some accept Jesus as a jewish teacher but not as god<<

What don't you understand?

Who accepts Jesus as a God was basically the question....... Thought that was obvious. :eusa_whistle:

Well I am Jewish by birth and Jesus is definitely my favorite rabbi. I've always thought his central message was that you need not pay in order to pray. God requires no bribe to religion or the men that run it. You can know God anywhere, anytime...even at the dinner table.

When Jesus lived, it was the religious leaders requiring offerings to pray at the synagogue that were in charge, the central planners of their day. That Jesus stood against them appeals to this libertarian.

if you are jewish by birth-----you, clearly, never learned much about the religion.
There is no charge for entering a synagogue back then or now. In fact---you never
read the New Testament. Jesus does not mention the issue to which you refer

If we're limiting ourselves to what Jesus mentioned as sanctioned by the church, then you'd be right. There are additional thoughts on the subject, such as:

611RaIVrovL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS" ?? The new testament is the only existing
record of Jesus. Someone wrote a book of CONJECTURE

The OT is the only source for Moses. So!!

Well I am Jewish by birth and Jesus is definitely my favorite rabbi. I've always thought his central message was that you need not pay in order to pray. God requires no bribe to religion or the men that run it. You can know God anywhere, anytime...even at the dinner table.

When Jesus lived, it was the religious leaders requiring offerings to pray at the synagogue that were in charge, the central planners of their day. That Jesus stood against them appeals to this libertarian.

if you are jewish by birth-----you, clearly, never learned much about the religion.
There is no charge for entering a synagogue back then or now. In fact---you never

If we're limiting ourselves to what Jesus mentioned as sanctioned by the church, then you'd be right. There are additional thoughts on the subject, such as:

testament in the bible, but others exist. Close to 200 other books that were not included

written by persons who KNEW him and during his lifetime?? I did not know.
He complained that people had to pay an admission fee to get into a synagogue
or to get onto the temple grounds?

I did not suggest otherwise. The point was SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES exhibited by Jesus as detailed in some book written by "god" knows who and why and when

I did not suggest otherwise. The point was SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES exhibited by Jesus as detailed in some book written by "god" knows who and why and when

all sorts of teachings and personal beliefs seem to be attached to
Jesus------that, SIMPLY, do not show up in the NEW TESTAMENT.
Anyone who comes up with another one-------I wish he would provide a
hint as to its ORIGIN

Jesus was not a prophet.
Jesus could not have been a prophet, which is another reason the Koran is erroneous.

why not?
Aside from other things, Jesus declared, "Before Abraham was, I am." This was much too sweeping a statement for a mere prophet to make. He was either wrong, and therefore not possibly a prophet, or he was what he said he was, and much more than a prophet. In any case, the view of Islam must be in error.

Jews don't believe in Prophet Jesus.

Christians accuse Jews of killing Prophet Jesus.

Muslims believe in both Prophets of God: Moses and Jesus.

In the light of the above stated facts, Rabbi Tovia Singer tries to answer this question:

Some accept Jesus as a jewish teacher but not as god

Some think Jesus is a God? Okay........

>>Some accept Jesus as a jewish teacher but not as god<<

What don't you understand?

Who accepts Jesus as a God was basically the question....... Thought that was obvious. :eusa_whistle:

you lay a red flag over an interesting point------Ringel, dear. Muslims I have encountered over the past 50 years seem VERY VERY fond of claiming
"MUSLIMS" <<< unlike da jooos>>>"BELIEVE IN JESUS" kinda like its
a laudable credential of some kind. --------reminds me of snotty girls on the playground who sought friendships based on some common ground not shared
by the other girl that the snots wanted to exclude--------.
I have often wondered "what does ""believe in""" mean" ?? I believe that some guy named Jesus or Yeshua did exist in Judea about 2000 years ago and
that he was crucified by the romans who were heavy into crucifying jews back then.
Is that EQUIVALENT to "believing in Jesus"? I have encountered Christians
all of my life who clearly DO NOT "believe in Jesus". <<< that experience goes
back to my early childhood when I realized that my chistian playmates had no idea
that Jesus did not eat bacon and eggs for breakfast on sunday mornings

Jesus was not a prophet.
Jesus could not have been a prophet, which is another reason the Koran is erroneous.

why not?
Aside from other things, Jesus declared, "Before Abraham was, I am." This was much too sweeping a statement for a mere prophet to make. He was either wrong, and therefore not possibly a prophet, or he was what he said he was, and much more than a prophet. In any case, the view of Islam must be in error.

Notice that no Koranist ever responds to this point unless it is to deny that the quotation is genuine, though since it pre-dates Islam itself it obviously makes denial ineffective.

Jesus was not a prophet.

why not?

Notice that no Koranist ever responds to this point unless it is to deny that the quotation is genuine, though since it pre-dates Islam itself it obviously makes denial ineffective.

I am so lucky-----I learned Islamic sophistry. It goes like this-----all contradictions upon the biblical history found in the Koran are EASILY brushed aside by the Islamic FACT-----that the bible is COMPLETELY CORRUPTED-----both OT and NT. In fact there are TENS OF THOUSANDS OF VERSIONS of each-----no two are alike ------real muslims educated in muslim lands so informed me. A personal anecdote-----A copy of the Koran fell into my hands when I was 20----LONG LONG ago. PICTHAL translation. I read it-----DULLSVILLE ---but I read it and was struck by SO MANY ERRORs------it is at odds with the bible I know. I was a conscientious kid------so I handed it to the Pakistani surgeon that worked in the same hospital in which I was working and said "you should notify the publisher----this book is full of misprints" I was that naïve----I thought the thing had not been printed correctly. He took a look and said "it's fine". That was sorta at the outset of my education in Islam----it gets much worse. For the record----Jesus was not
crucified. ------which I kinda thought was good news-----if only. Even more interesting-----he was NO PACIFIST---and if anyone insulted HIM---He would kill him------being the good muslim that He was. ------the "turn the cheek" thing PROVES how STOOOPID is christianity

Trying to wind the Christians up, not going to happen. Jews and Muslim both are Semites, both don't eat pork, there are just too many similarities, the Muslims walk around the black cube and the male jews wear it on their foreheads.

Trying to wind the Christians up, not going to happen. Jews and Muslim both are Semites, both don't eat pork, there are just too many similarities, the Muslims walk around the black cube and the male jews wear it on their foreheads.

the CUBE is an interesting geometric figure. The words are very similar in
both Arabic and Hebrew for CUBE -------there are---it seems to me----two ways
of saying CUBE--------something ?? KOOBA ------ and ALSO something like
SHESH which is actually sorta SIX in both languages. The figure is UBIQUITOUS on the planet------dice are cubes which probably accounts for the
name SHESH BESH for backgammon. An interesting factoid is SHISH kebob---
refers to the SHISH cube----shape of the cut meats (well---so I was told)-----
Christians put ice CUBES in their martinis------PROVING that Christianity is
ISLAM and martinis are HALAL

That was nice. Thank you for sharing!!! I had a dear friend who was dying and another friend she had tried to extort money from her with a threat that she would "go to hell if she didn't pay into the church". She called me one day to ask me about it and shared what her friend that lived closer to her was telling her. I shared what I knew about Jesus with her and ultimately she was baptized by a pastor near us and that raised a stink among the locals because she was Chinese. I'll post the whole story online when I get the opportunity.

Forum List

Back