Do it for Trayvon, 100 blacks beat two whites

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
A beating at Church and Brambleton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Once the people figure out that they really have no recourse, that the police won't help them, that there is a tacit license to kill them, they will take their own defense into their own hands.

What bullshit. Was it you that tweeted that line "I don't" and where is the link to the tweet you race baiting asswipe?

One of a mob made up of a hundred people throws a rock at the car and one of them gets out to confront them?! Has he got a death wish, or something?

I would like to see the police reports.

Gee I wonder why they were not included in the story

What makes anyone think there would be a police report?

I would like to see one person, just one, pull out a handgun and teach the ones who live a lesson. Then reload.

What bullshit. Was it you that tweeted that line "I don't" and where is the link to the tweet you race baiting asswipe?

You just accused the OP of tweeting the line mentioned in the newspaper editorial? What do you base that on? Your personal opinion that anyone who brings up the fact that blacks assault whites in this country far more than the other way around is a "race baiting asswipe"?

Why should anyone treat your opinion with respect when it's so obviously biased?

Information No results found for "I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light" site:twitter.com.

One of a mob made up of a hundred people throws a rock at the car and one of them gets out to confront them?! Has he got a death wish, or something?

Amazing comment...

You don't ask why it is that someone would throw a rock at a car window of two completely innocent people who happend to be driving through a certain neighborhood but you do question the intelligence of the man who had the intestinal fortitude to confront those that did?

Amazing comment...

You don't ask why it is that someone would throw a rock at a car window of two completely innocent people who happend to be driving through a certain neighborhood but you do question the intelligence of the man who had the intestinal fortitude to confront those that did?

I'm not questioning his intelligence, I'm questioning his judgement of the situation. What did he think the perpetrator's reaction would be with such strength in numbers? That he would've apologised? I doubt it. Intestinal fortitude aside, I would've cut my losses and made a hasty exit rather than confront a vandal who stood among a mob of a hundred strong.

Amazing comment...

I'm not questioning his intelligence, I'm questioning his judgement of the situation. What did he think the perpetrator's reaction would be with such strength in numbers? That he would've apologised? I doubt it. Intestinal fortitude aside, I would've cut my losses and made a hasty exit rather than confront a vandal who stood among a mob of a hundred strong.

Perhaps you should change your British flag to a French one then...

Perhaps you should quit the braggadocio and tune-in to reality. Unless you wish to tell us how you'd have done exactly the same as this reporter if you found yourself in his shoes. Though I'll let dwell on that before you dig yourself into a hole by claiming that you'd act on your "intestinal fortitude" by confronting a hundred or so hostile strangers.

I echo what Swagger said. People in large groups mobbing together aren't known for exercising good judgement. There's something in our human wiring that appears to malfunction when we're in large angry groups.

As they say, discretion is the better part of valor...there are some scenarios that you stand and face, and others where, if you aren't completely brain dead, you get the hell out of dodge.

Perhaps you should quit the braggadocio and tune-in to reality. Unless you wish to tell us how you'd have done exactly the same as this reporter if you found yourself in his shoes. Though I'll let dwell on that before you dig yourself into a hole by claiming that you'd act on your "intestinal fortitude" by confronting a hundred or so hostile strangers.

You forgot the part where he'd likely have pissed and shit himself.

Internet tough guys....

In my younger days I jumped into a six on one fight to protect someone who was taking a savage beating. I got a broken nose and three cracked ribs for my troubles. Would I do it again? Yes, as a matter of fact I would. I don't like bullies or mobs. Sometimes you have to stand up to them no matter what the cost. That isn't "braggadocio" that's just how I was raised.

In my younger days I jumped into a six on one fight to protect someone who was taking a savage beating. I got a broken nose and three cracked ribs for my troubles. Would I do it again? Yes, as a matter of fact I would. I don't like bullies or mobs. Sometimes you have to stand up to them no matter what the cost. That isn't "braggadocio" that's just how I was raised.

Good for you. But braggadocio and/or how you were raised aside, there's a vast difference between six v. two and a hundred v. two. A broken nose and three cracked ribs would be the least of your worries. You'd be lucky if all you got in return for your troubles - or intestinal fortitude - was six weeks in a deep coma. Seriously, the odds would be stacked so far against you that instinct would dictate that you and your friend(s) got way out of this mob's reach, fast.

Last edited:
What makes anyone think there would be a police report?

I would like to see one person, just one, pull out a handgun and teach the ones who live a lesson. Then reload.

Your wait is over! His name is George Zimmerman, and he'll be found not guilty soon:eusa_angel:

Amazing comment...

what's amazing about it?

anyone with more brains than testosterone would have left asap.

you're confusing *intestnal fortitude* with stupidity.

and, no, i'm not excusing the rock thrower.

Forum List

Back