Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

• Total voters
In theory government has no money, unless they tax. They create currency, but the value of the currency is the production of the American worker and what people attach to that. This is why government merely redistributes money, and it does so at a loss in value due to the labor it requires to redistribute.
Technically, the government owns millions of acres of land, our national parks and national forest. They collect revenue from visitors to those parks and forests. Also, they lease drilling rights to oil companies that drill off-shore. They do generate income. But, if you really want to get technical-technical, the American people own America. There are different ways to look at it.

But they already use our tax dollars to run and maintain those parks.
So in essence we payed for the business that now charges us the price of admission.
Yes, but they still own the land. The land has value.

A value they cant realize without the tax payers money.
You can keep kicking the can down the road but it always ends up coming out of the tax payers wallet at some point.
The land belongs to the government. It has value. It can be sold by the government. It can just sit there and not cost anyone anything. The government can choose to do nothing with it, therefore cost the taxpayers nothing. The national parks generate revenue. They have millions of paying visitors each year, and some are not U.S. taxpaying citizens. They take in $Millions in revenue each year from visitors. That revenue supports the parks. And, no one is kicking anything down the road.

In theory government has no money, unless they tax. They create currency, but the value of the currency is the production of the American worker and what people attach to that. This is why government merely redistributes money, and it does so at a loss in value due to the labor it requires to redistribute.
Technically, the government owns millions of acres of land, our national parks and national forest. They collect revenue from visitors to those parks and forests. Also, they lease drilling rights to oil companies that drill off-shore. They do generate income. But, if you really want to get technical-technical, the American people own America. There are different ways to look at it.

So in essence we payed for the business that now charges us the price of admission.

You can keep kicking the can down the road but it always ends up coming out of the tax payers wallet at some point.
The land belongs to the government. It has value. It can be sold by the government. It can just sit there and not cost anyone anything. The government can choose to do nothing with it, therefore cost the taxpayers nothing. The national parks generate revenue. They have millions of paying visitors each year, and some are not U.S. taxpaying citizens. They take in $Millions in revenue each year from visitors. That revenue supports the parks. And, no one is kicking anything down the road.

The government cannot exist without the tax payer and thats a fact.
Just because they defray the cost doesnt make it a net gain.

Who do you think the government is? The government doesn't own the land, it holds it in trust for the American people. If you don't understand terms like ownership or the difference between receiving a wage for your labors versus who you work for, you have a lot of learning to do first.

Anyone that says that the government doesn't create jobs has a lack of understanding the real world. jezzz...
Um no. Those who say it does lack understanding of basic econ.
In order to create a job you have to create positive cash flow. Government does not create positive cash flow. Government steals money via taxes and redistributes it, including to government workers.
STUDY --- READ ---- STUDY ---- READ ---- RESEARCH ---- RESEARCH ---- READ ----- STUDY ---- ****** Jobs are created through the demand for goods and services, and through R&D. FYI - NO DEMAND, NO JOBS !!! **** IF a business can't sell its product or service, then that business has no cause to hire anyone. ****** Businesses hire in order to satisfy the needs of their customers. NO CUSTOMERS, NO SALES, NO ONE GETS HIRED. **** Businesses do not hire just to be hiring. Businesses are not going to hire people to just sit in the break room all day. Businesses hire in order to meet the demands of their customers. RESEARCH - READ -- STUDY -- LEARN --- LEARN -- READ ---- STUDY
Do you really think that was responsive to what I wrote?

No one has said that the government can't exist without the taxpayers. I don't recall anyone saying that. I certainly never said that. And, I have never mentioned "net gain". So, obviously, you have commented to the wrong person. Please go back and connect the dots and find the comment that you're referring to. Thanks.

Anyone that says that the government doesn't create jobs has a lack of understanding the real world. jezzz...
In order to create a job you have to create positive cash flow. Government does not create positive cash flow. Government steals money via taxes and redistributes it, including to government workers.
STUDY --- READ ---- STUDY ---- READ ---- RESEARCH ---- RESEARCH ---- READ ----- STUDY ---- ****** Jobs are created through the demand for goods and services, and through R&D. FYI - NO DEMAND, NO JOBS !!! **** IF a business can't sell its product or service, then that business has no cause to hire anyone. ****** Businesses hire in order to satisfy the needs of their customers. NO CUSTOMERS, NO SALES, NO ONE GETS HIRED. **** Businesses do not hire just to be hiring. Businesses are not going to hire people to just sit in the break room all day. Businesses hire in order to meet the demands of their customers. RESEARCH - READ -- STUDY -- LEARN --- LEARN -- READ ---- STUDY
Yes, I certainly do. It was directed at your comment about job creation and cash flow. Before the "cash can flow", there first has to be a demand for a product or service. No sales, no cash flow. Very simple really. If a product or service is not doing anything, if it's idle, no cash flows. A product collecting dust in a warehouse is not producing a cash flow. Demand for goods and services creates jobs and cash flow.

No one has said that the government can't exist without the taxpayers. I don't recall anyone saying that. I certainly never said that. And, I have never mentioned "net gain". So, obviously, you have commented to the wrong person. Please go back and connect the dots and find the comment that you're referring to. Thanks.

It's relevant. The government does not create wealth or jobs,it exists only as long as it has a source of income which of course is the tax payer.
It's a net loss ..ALWAYS!

It's relevant. The government does not create wealth or jobs,it exists only as long as it has a source of income which of course is the tax payer.
It's a net loss ..ALWAYS!
It still doesn't address my comment. And, yes, the government does create jobs, lots of jobs. Yes, the taxpayers do fund government, to an extent, we all know that. That goes without saying, and I have never said any differently, never. So, again. who's comment are you addressing, or responding to? Thanks.

Yes, I certainly do. It was directed at your comment about job creation and cash flow. Before the "cash can flow", there first has to be a demand for a product or service. No sales, no cash flow. Very simple really. If a product or service is not doing anything, if it's idle, no cash flows. A product collecting dust in a warehouse is not producing a cash flow. Demand for goods and services creates jobs and cash flow.
OK if you thought that was responsive then you are way too stupid to engage.
Government never creates positive cash flow. Government is funded by taxpayer funds

Consumers are the primary source of all funds to both private and public sectors. Consumers, with money to spend and tax, are the true job creators.

You don't think the government creates jobs, see what reaction you get from a Congressman when you propose shutting down the military base in his district.

You don't think the government creates jobs, see what reaction you get from a Congressman when you propose shutting down the military base in his district.
SO what? DO you honestly think that's some kind of argument?

Since I don't see you offering one word of rebuttal, I'd say it's a pretty good argument.
SInce you didnt offer a cogent argument--actually any argument at all--there is no need for rebuttal.

Most of our workforce works for small business owners. This is all that needs to be said on this matter. 1 post and boom this thread is done.

Nobody's in the military? No policemen? No school employees? No one building roads, bridges, etc.?

Who gives a shit? I said "most" employed people work for small businesses. Fact. Live with it.

Forum List

Back