do Denmark and Sweden really hate each other ,,,

Why do East Friesians have scratched up faces on Monday morning?

Oh jeeze, well I looked it up and now I understand my family better.
I've never been to the East Frisian islands but I'd like to visit it someday. The language plays nicely on my ears. It's related to my own language and I speak German and some Afrikaans too so I have no trouble understanding it. I used to have Hannes Wader's Plattdeutsche Leider LP and I must have played it a hundred times.

or is it just an old joke?

i have heard about it and would like to know your comments
It goes back to WW II.

Norway and Denmark fought the Nazis and were brutally attacked and beaten. Sweden capitulated and cooperated with Hitler and was unharmed. Yes, there was a lot of animosity. One of my grandparents was from Denmark, and the other three were from Norway. Our large circle of friends had no Swedes, as I grew up in Chicago in the 40s and 50s.

I've never been to the East Frisian islands but I'd like to visit it someday. The language plays nicely on my ears. It's related to my own language and I speak German and some Afrikaans too so I have no trouble understanding it. I used to have Hannes Wader's Plattdeutsche Leider LP and I must have played it a hundred times.

Interesting sound. It doesnt even sound German to me

It goes back to WW II. Norway and Denmark fought the Nazis and were brutally attacked and beaten. Sweden capitulated and cooperated with Hitler and was unharmed. Yes, there was a lot of animosity. One of my grandparents was from Denmark, and the other three were from Norway. Our large circle of friends had no Swedes, as I grew up in Chicago in the 40s and 50s.
I cannot believe that Americans believe such bull shit. I realize that the US doesn't educate their population but can't you (individually) do some reading before you make such ridiculous statements?! I mean, Jesus Christ!

It goes back to WW II.

Norway and Denmark fought the Nazis and were brutally attacked and beaten. Sweden capitulated and cooperated with Hitler and was unharmed. Yes, there was a lot of animosity. One of my grandparents was from Denmark, and the other three were from Norway. Our large circle of friends had no Swedes, as I grew up in Chicago in the 40s and 50s.

sweden capitulated?

who told you THAT?

Forum List

Back