Do Dems want to tax the rich into oblivion?

Do Dems want to Tax the rich into Oblivion?

• yes.... Dems want to destroy the wealthy.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no... they just want to boost the middle class a little.

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
I am sure you have not ignored my consistent stance of equalized rate taxation for all citizens at all levels, have you?? I am sure you have not ignored the fact that I never made any support statement of Cain's particular plan...

But don't let that stop you

Once again... a flat tax hits the poorest the hardest... I know you don't get it. so I won't bother going into it.

And there comes your subjective argument right back into it....

Because it's not 'fair' to the 'poor'... fuck fairness... that's right, I said it... FUCK FAIRNESS... equality in treatment, P-E-R-I-O-D.... government is not your mommy, your nanny, or the fucking guidance counselor to make you feel good when someone gets off better or to take back the $1 bill you dropped and someone else gained when it was found, or the smart kid that feeds you answers to the test because they feel sorry for you...

This subjective touchy feely fairness bullshit is what got us in this quandary to begin with... and politicians know that if they keep pandering to it, even though it is not charged for them to do so in the constitution, they can buy votes, remain in power, and gain favor for influence.... and it's sad how so many in our citizenry still blindly buy into it

No, I won't say fuck fairness.... I will say.. fuck you.

Your black and white cold hearted bullshit is what's wrong with this country at this juncture. You refuse to see that most of our issues lies not with our weakest citizens, but with the strongest. Our wealth is being extracted by the Energy lobby, the Health Care lobby, The Insurance Lobby, The Banking sector, and yes... a fucked up tax code.... all of it wrapped around a rigged Political system where the name of the game(if you want to get elected) is to accumulate as much money as you can from all of the above...and Unions, and other liberal and conservative PAC's that turn a duly elected Representative OF THE PEOPLE into a puppet of special interests.

Just because lower income people may not pay Federal income tax does not mean they don't have a stake in the game... they pay every other tax that everyone else does. They just get a break on one particular tax.

You just contradicted yourself.....

Like retail tax dummy???

What other taxes do the "poor" pay???

well... at the federal level.... they pay FICA, Medicare, Gasoline taxes, Cigarette tax(if they smoke),Telephone Federal Excise Tax,Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax,Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax,Telephone Usage Charge Tax, liquor tax.

At the state level...of course if varies by state...but, it could include any or all of the following...Cigarette Tax, Fishing License Tax, Gasoline Tax, Hunting License Tax, Liquor Tax, State income Tax, Marriage License Tax, Road Toll Booth Taxes, Sales Taxes, Service Charge Taxes, Toll Bridge Taxes Toll, Tunnel Taxes, Trailer Registration, Utility Taxes, Vehicle License Registration, Watercraft Registration.

At the Local level... School taxes, property taxes, Occupational assessment taxes, Local sales taxes, local income taxes, building permits.

that's about all that I can come up with... but there's probably more.

Do you not understand retail tax??

Not to mention all those federal and state taxes go right back to them.

Do you think the government just hands out free money every April, May or June???

In short - an individual or family didn't earn enough to be taxed so all that money they originally paid in taxes goes right back to them...

The poor don't pay ANY taxes except for retail taxes dummy...

No. A 3% increase from 36% to 39% does not represent "Oblivion".

Any of you connies out there that think a 3% increase is "oblivion"?

You just contradicted yourself.....

Like retail tax dummy???

What other taxes do the "poor" pay???

well... at the federal level.... they pay FICA, Medicare, Gasoline taxes, Cigarette tax(if they smoke),Telephone Federal Excise Tax,Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes,
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax,Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax,Telephone Usage Charge Tax, liquor tax.

At the state level...of course if varies by state...but, it could include any or all of the following...Cigarette Tax, Fishing License Tax, Gasoline Tax, Hunting License Tax, Liquor Tax, State income Tax, Marriage License Tax, Road Toll Booth Taxes, Sales Taxes, Service Charge Taxes, Toll Bridge Taxes Toll, Tunnel Taxes, Trailer Registration, Utility Taxes, Vehicle License Registration, Watercraft Registration.

At the Local level... School taxes, property taxes, Occupational assessment taxes, Local sales taxes, local income taxes, building permits.

Do you think the government just hands out free money every April, May or June???

In short - an individual or family didn't earn enough to be taxed so all that money they originally paid in taxes goes right back to them...

so... you're saying that they get all those taxes that I listed back? FICA... Medicare? Those are those hated entitlements that they pay into, isn't it?

so... you're saying that they get all those taxes that I listed back? FICA... Medicare? Those are those hated entitlements that they pay into, isn't it?

Yes..... Well, no on SS and Medicare but income tax absolutely..

Goes right back into their pockets.

What do you think, tax refunds are a gift???

Once again... a flat tax hits the poorest the hardest... I know you don't get it. so I won't bother going into it.

Because it's not 'fair' to the 'poor'... fuck fairness... that's right, I said it... FUCK FAIRNESS... equality in treatment, P-E-R-I-O-D.... government is not your mommy, your nanny, or the fucking guidance counselor to make you feel good when someone gets off better or to take back the $1 bill you dropped and someone else gained when it was found, or the smart kid that feeds you answers to the test because they feel sorry for you...

This subjective touchy feely fairness bullshit is what got us in this quandary to begin with... and politicians know that if they keep pandering to it, even though it is not charged for them to do so in the constitution, they can buy votes, remain in power, and gain favor for influence.... and it's sad how so many in our citizenry still blindly buy into it

Your black and white cold hearted bullshit is what's wrong with this country at this juncture. You refuse to see that most of our issues lies not with our weakest citizens, but with the strongest. Our wealth is being extracted by the Energy lobby, the Health Care lobby, The Insurance Lobby, The Banking sector, and yes... a fucked up tax code.... all of it wrapped around a rigged Political system where the name of the game(if you want to get elected) is to accumulate as much money as you can from all of the above...and Unions, and other liberal and conservative PAC's that turn a duly elected Representative OF THE PEOPLE into a puppet of special interests.

No... your mamby pamby touchy feely bullshit is what is wrong with this country.... forced charity at the core...

sorry, in a free society you have the freedom to do the right thing and the freedom to be a selfish dick... it is not my call nor your call, nor government's call which one you choose or if you choose somewhere in the middle

It is not "OUR" wealth... you have no stake in anyone else's earnings, period, whether you want to or not....

dude... go back to where I posted it... One person asked me what taxes the poor DO pay. I already acknowledged that many don't pay Federal Income Tax... you're beating a dead horse. All those other taxes are legitimate taxes that everyone pays... to say they have no stake or skin in the game is dishonest as hell. Do they have as much skin in the game? No... they're fuckin' poor.

No... your mamby pamby touchy feely bullshit is what is wrong with this country.... forced charity at the core...

sorry, in a free society you have the freedom to do the right thing and the freedom to be a selfish dick... it is not my call nor your call, nor government's call which one you choose or if you choose somewhere in the middle

It is not "OUR" wealth... you have no stake in anyone else's earnings, period, whether you want to or not....

Well, I'm going to end this non-productive bullshit session with this... I guess we'll find out in 2012.

Just curious on how people think...

It's not that most of them actually want to see the Rich destroyed. The Problem is they do not understand the basic Math of the Situation. The Believe the Rich pay less than they do, they believe we could gain more than we actually can by Taxing the Rich more, and they do no Believe that Taxing the rich has any Negative Effect on the Economy.

It's not their Fault, hollywood, the Left wing Press, Talk Shows, For Generations have been teaching people that the Rich, and Business is Evil, and only Left Wing Government can protect us.

dude... go back to where I posted it... One person asked me what taxes the poor DO pay. I already acknowledged that many don't pay Federal Income Tax... you're beating a dead horse. All those other taxes are legitimate taxes that everyone pays... to say they have no stake or skin in the game is dishonest as hell. Do they have as much skin in the game? No... they're fuckin' poor.

WRONG... The "rich" as you put them write a check to both the state and the federal government while the "poor" get free money in the mail...

the rich pay less than they have for decades and they are reaping the benefits... the majority of Americans are having a hell of a time... Our Infrastructure is crumbling(Bridges, roads, Electrical Grid, Water supplies, etc), the majority of wages are dead in the water, people don't have jobs and the Rich are still lobbying for LESS TAXATION, LESS REGULATION... when they've been the biggest recipients of Welfare amongst us.

I'd be willing to bet that if you added up all the special breaks that the wealthy get(including Corporations, Banking, and certain industries...Energy, Health Care, Insurance for some examples)...that the welfare that the poor get would pale in comparison. The only problem is that the welfare for the poor is easily tracked.... the welfare for the wealthy is hidden so deep in legislation that the average person wouldn't be able to find it.

WRONG... The "rich" as you put them write a check to both the state and the federal government while the "poor" get free money in the mail...

Fuck off blind man... You aren't willing to see reason, so there's no reason for me to be reasonable to you.

yes..... Well, no on ss and medicare but income tax absolutely..

dude... Go back to where i posted it... One person asked me what taxes the poor do pay. I already acknowledged that many don't pay federal income tax... You're beating a dead horse. All those other taxes are legitimate taxes that everyone pays... To say they have no stake or skin in the game is dishonest as hell. Do they have as much skin in the game? No... They're fuckin' poor.

wrong... The "rich" as you put them write a check to both the state and the federal government while the "poor" get free money in the mail...

b i n g o

Fuck off blind man... You aren't willing to see reason, so there's no reason for me to be reasonable to you.

translation.. "he done whupped my liberal ice cream ass." :eusa_boohoo:

No... I just refuse to see the Fucked UP reasoning that FEDERAL INCOME TAX is the only tax that counts....like you buffoons.

the rich pay less than they have for decades and they are reaping the benefits... the majority of Americans are having a hell of a time... Our Infrastructure is crumbling(Bridges, roads, Electrical Grid, Water supplies, etc), the majority of wages are dead in the water, people don't have jobs and the Rich are still lobbying for LESS TAXATION, LESS REGULATION... when they've been the biggest recipients of Welfare amongst us.

I'd be willing to bet that if you added up all the special breaks that the wealthy get(including Corporations, Banking, and certain industries...Energy, Health Care, Insurance for some examples)...that the welfare that the poor get would pale in comparison. The only problem is that the welfare for the poor is easily tracked.... the welfare for the wealthy is hidden so deep in legislation that the average person wouldn't be able to find it.

You may as well beg for free money...

The typical progressive you are you resort back to "no fair they have more than I do."

A rich individual pays more in taxes than what you could make in your lifetime - in a single year....

Forum List

Back