Do democrats have a history of helping minorities?

• Total voters
Do Democratic policies create an unhealthy dependency upon the federal government? Hell yes. I have explained many times exactly how they do that. I am not just some piss drinking parrot like so many of the alleged right wingers here. I actually provide evidence for my points.

But you are seriously kidding yourselves if you think anyone believes the Republican party loves blacks and homosexuals and Mexicans and Muslims or any other non-Christians. You are seriously dense in the head if you think anyone is that stupid.

Why would any minority vote for a party which so clearly HATES them? :lol:

But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.

You said this is the GOP plan going forward
That was something Nixon said...so give us a break and stay on topic of the thread if you can, which is

The OP bragged about Republicans helping minorities. Can't you read? So I am on topic, idiot.

I merely countered that if you have to go back 50 years or more to find evidence your party loves blacks and homosexuals and Mexicans and Muslims and other non-Christians, then you have a problem.

Everyone knows the GOP is infected with old school bigots who HATE minorities. There is no amount of ancient smoke and misdirection that will fool anyone into not recognizing that reality.

Last edited:
Seeing as republicans freed slaved from Democrats....Republicans created the NAACP....Republicans continuously pushed for EQUAL treatment of Minorities which democrats like Wilson and FDR reversed...There is no history of democrats doing anything good for minorities....Hell even with the passage of the 1964 civil rights act which wouldn't have passed if it wasn't for republicans because the majority of democrats voted no was only signed be LBJ so he could "Get those ******* voting democrat for 200 years".

This is why the progressives wanted our schools under their control.....Even our Black President is nothing more then a puppet to the rich white democrats.

LBJ picked upthe CivilRights banner of his predecessor JFK for purely political reasons, he and his fellow Deomocrats, with the x\exccluson of JFK who was now dead - had no great love for minorities. In fact they were and still are the guys in the white hoods.

Democratic Strategists, of whom Johnson was one, realized the importance of the Negro vote and in this light Johnson explained the strategy re: the Republican Civil Rights Act of 1957 to his Democratic co-conspirators:

These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now, we've got to do something about this; we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. for if we don't move at all, then their allies [The Republicans] will line up against us and there will be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there will be no way of putting the brake on all sorts of wild legislation, it'll be reconstruction all over again - Lyndon Johnson

Civil Rights act 1964 Only 61 percent of Democrats supported that bill, versus 80 percent of Republicans.

Voting Rights Act of 1965 - Written by Republican Senator Everett Dirksen - 94 percent of Senate Republicans voted in favor of the bill versus 73 percent of Democrats. The final vote on the House version - only one Senate Republican voted against it compared to seventeen Democrats.

In an effort to rationalize the Black support of Democrats, Nixon's infamous "Southern Strategy" is constantly referenced , less well remembered are Woodrow Wilson's segregation of the Federal civil service; The ascension of Robert Byrd, former member of the KKK, one time President pro tempore of the Senate, and third in line for presidential succession .

Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds. - Democratic Senator Robert Byrd

Democrats condemn Nixon for his infamous Southern Strategy, yet looked the other way when the racially segregated South voted solidly for Democrats for over a Century.

Democratic Parties Racist History
JFK Voted NO on the civil rights bill in 1957... He was just as racist as all of them were

He was a politician first, and he realiazed he importance of the Black Vote. But Thank You, for the info on JFK and the 1957 Eisenhower bill - I wasn't aware of that.

LBJ had consistently voted against any legislation to protect Blacks from lynching, worked vigorously to stifle the Civil Rights Act of 1957. Lacking sufficient votes to defeat it, he did manage to water it down before it was returned to Eisenhower.

Another Democrat, Strom Thurmond picked up the torch from Johnson and performed the longest filibuster in history in an unsuccessful attempt to keep the bill from passing at all. Lyndon Johnson, dubbed by some as the master of the Senate conspired with the Kennedy liberals to credit Johnson for having seen to the laws passage while simultaneously boasting to southern Democrats that he had rendered the legislation impotent.

Please explain what is dishonest about my post. I provided the evidence.

Nice try.

That was something Nixon said...so give us a break and stay on topic of the thread if you can

Wow. You didn't even read the post, did you.

It was not said by Nixon, dipshit.

Besides, last I checked, Nixon was a Republican.

Last I checked fantasy isn't reality

tapatalk post

That was something Nixon said...so give us a break and stay on topic of the thread if you can, which is

Everyone knows the GOP is infected with old school bigots who HATE minorities.

The Democratic party has come to the realization that you can actually enslave an entire race of people and not call it slavery? Liberal Democrats have reintroduced slavery to the African American Community through so called social welfare programs.

....The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do, what Jim Crow couldn't do, what the harshest racism couldn't do,.... And that is to destroy the black family.

I think it's important for people to understand the ideas of scarcity and decision-making in everyday life so that they won't be ripped off by politicians," he says. "Politicians exploit economic illiteracy. The State Against Blacks - Wall Street Journal

The Democrats in the old days who opposed equality for minorities were conservatives. When they weren't burning the Christian cross on people's lawns or lynching negroes, they were defending states rights, bashing communism, and demanding low taxes.

Democratic conservatives.

See, that's the reality the modern day conservatives in the GOP who oppose equality for minorities would like to misdirect you away from.

The bigots infecting the Right bash gays and Mexicans and Muslims all the live long day, every fucking day, and then exclaim how unjust it is to attack the party of Lincoln.

It's bullshit. No one is fooled.

Clean up our side of the street, assholes. Stop covering for the bigots who are infecting the Grand Old Party.

That's what I'm doing, you gutless fucks.

Last edited:

The OP bragged about Republicans helping minorities. Can't you read? So I am on topic, idiot.

I merely countered that if you have to go back 50 years or more to find evidence your party loves blacks and homosexuals and Mexicans and Muslims and other non-Christians, then you have a problem.

Everyone knows the GOP is infected with old school bigots who HATE minorities. There is no amount of ancient smoke and misdirection that will fool anyone into not recognizing that reality.

And the democrats are full of bigoted propagandists hiding behind their sheets.

But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.

The Democrats in the old days who opposed equality for minorities were conservatives. When they weren't burning the Christian cross on people's lawns or lynching negroes, they were defending states rights, bashing communism, and demanding low taxes.

Democratic conservatives.

See, that's the reality the modern day conservatives in the GOP who oppose equality for minorities would like to misdirect you away from.

The bigots infecting the Right bash gays and Mexicans and Muslims all the live long day, every fucking day, and then exclaim how unjust it is to attack the party of Lincoln.

It's bullshit. No one is fooled.

Clean up your side of the street, assholes. Stop covering for the bigots who are infecting your party.

That's what I'm doing, you gutless fucks.

You still believe in Santa as well? You ignorantly believe things that are not true.

tapatalk post

The Democratic party has come to the realization that you can actually enslave an entire race of people and not call it slavery?

I'm going to let you in on a secret, you poor misled fool.

The Democratic Party is attempting to enslave everyone to the government, not just blacks.

This business about claiming Democrats are enslaving blacks is just a really, really stupid way of hiding the bigots infecting the Right.

Last edited:
The next time one of you alleged right wingers are bashing gays or Muslims or Mexicans or blacks, remember how hard you tried to pretend the GOP loves minorities.

Yeah.

I honestly don't know why the mounting schizophrenic contradictions in your rhetoric don't cause your heads to explode from cognitive dissonance.

The Democratic party has come to the realization that you can actually enslave an entire race of people and not call it slavery?

I'm going to let you in on a secret, you poor misled fool.

The Democratic Party is attempting to enslave everyone to the government, not just blacks.

This business about claiming Democrats are enslaving blacks is just a really, really stupid way of hiding the bigots infecting the Right.
You are a fool. Bigotryis something for you leftwing loons and girl you are a leftist. You can call your self a republican but it is in name only. All your posts prove daily you are a liberal not a conservative.

tapatalk post

Seeing as republicans freed slaved from Democrats....Republicans created the NAACP....Republicans continuously pushed for EQUAL treatment of Minorities which democrats like Wilson and FDR reversed...There is no history of democrats doing anything good for minorities....Hell even with the passage of the 1964 civil rights act which wouldn't have passed if it wasn't for republicans because the majority of democrats voted no was only signed be LBJ so he could "Get those ******* voting democrat for 200 years".

This is why the progressives wanted our schools under their control.....Even our Black President is nothing more then a puppet to the rich white democrats.

Republicans HAD a history of helping minorities 60 years ago.

Since then tho it hasnt been nothing to brag about as evidenced by your OP going back in history. You have to skip the 2000's, 90's, 80's, and 70's :lol:

Do Democratic policies create an unhealthy dependency upon the federal government? Hell yes. I have explained many times exactly how they do that. I am not just some piss drinking parrot like so many of the alleged right wingers here. I actually provide evidence for my points.

But you are seriously kidding yourselves if you think anyone believes the Republican party loves blacks and homosexuals and Mexicans and Muslims or any other non-Christians. You are seriously dense in the head if you think anyone is that stupid.

Clearly hates Coni Rice. Clearly hates Colin Powell. Clearly hates Herman Cain. Clearly hates a host of other blacks that have left the DNC plantation. Keep repeating the lie.

"Do Democratic policies create an unhealthy dependency upon the federal government? Hell yes."

Well for once we agree. The alternative to hurting the black community is not hating the black community as you so like to rant. What YOU admit that the democrat policies have done is in fact hate. LBJ said that he had to give them a little something what he did realize is that little something would turn into a little something...a little something...a little something. He didn't realize the consequences of his racism.

IF, as the lying flying monkeys like to say, Nixon's southern strategy was steeped in racism then let's look at this record.

This is what the alleged southern racist got for their vote:

•raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent;

•doubled the budget for black colleges;

•appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ; (Until GWB)

•adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and for black scholars in colleges and universities;

•invented “Black Capitalism” (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise), raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million, increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent, increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;

•raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent. Wrote the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, “It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South.”

Read more at The Neocons and Nixon?s southern strategy

Clearly hates Coni Rice. Clearly hates Colin Powell. Clearly hates Herman Cain. Clearly hates a host of other blacks that have left the DNC plantation. Keep repeating the lie.

"Do Democratic policies create an unhealthy dependency upon the federal government? Hell yes."

Well for once we agree. The alternative to hurting the black community is not hating the black community as you so like to rant. What YOU admit that the democrat policies have done is in fact hate. LBJ said that he had to give them a little something what he did realize is that little something would turn into a little something...a little something...a little something. He didn't realize the consequences of his racism.

IF, as the lying flying monkeys like to say, Nixon's southern strategy was steeped in racism then let's look at this record.

This is what the alleged southern racist got for their vote:

•raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent;

•doubled the budget for black colleges;

•appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ; (Until GWB)

•adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and for black scholars in colleges and universities;

•invented “Black Capitalism” (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise), raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million, increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent, increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;

•raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent. Wrote the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, “It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South.”

Read more at The Neocons and Nixon?s southern strategy

Just as there were non-bigots in the Democratic Party 50 years ago, not everyone in the GOP is a bigot.

But just as the Democratic Party had just enough bigotry infecting it to be a detriment to minorities 50 years ago, so it is with the GOP today.

I am sorry this actually had to be explained to you.

I notice you keep avoiding the Right's treatment of other minorities besides blacks. Very telling.

Just pay attention to what side of the political spectrum the next anti-gay or anti-Muslim or anti-Mexican topic you read on this forum is coming from, mm-kay?

Should be a real eye opener for the willfully blind!

Last edited:

I dont know if you know this but that isnt a rebuttal. Republicans in general do not like, support minorities. Basically you only having 3 or 4 blacks kinda highlights that fact even more :lol:

Republicans HAD a history of helping minorities 60 years ago.

Since then tho it hasnt been nothing to brag about as evidenced by your OP going back in history. You have to skip the 2000's, 90's, 80's, and 70's :lol:

What do you even mean by help? Help them overcome the hole that the democrats have put them? I realize that the democrat party thinks that blacks need the democrat party to take care of them but man when are they going to wake up an look around and see what the help the democrat party has given them ain't exactly helping them. But it certainly is helping democrats get elected, which is after all the objective as outlined by LBJ.

I can't think of one thing democrats have ever done that have helped the black community. Even the NAACP was started by white Republicans. Blacks should be laughing at the democrat party and enjoying the freedom they have with the Republican party.

I dont know if you know this but that isnt a rebuttal. Republicans in general do not like, support minorities. Basically you only having 3 or 4 blacks kinda highlights that fact even more :lol:

Indeed. The ranks of the Democratic Party are MUCH more colorful.

Who is more likely to say gays are abnormal freaks and perverts, a conservative or a liberal?

Who is more likely to attempt to draw a comparison between gays and pedophiles, a conservative or a liberal?

Who is more likely to smear all Muslims, a conservative or a liberal?

Who is more likely to smear Mexicans and immigrants, a conservative or a liberal?

you can work hard and find some dead guy from more than half a century ago to make your point about Democrats, or I can effortlessly provide examples from the past week. ;)

Wake up, dipshits. The Republican Party is overrun with bigots.

I realize you treat blacks as invalids that require your support. I realize it makes you feel less a racist because you support the poor blacks that in no way can make it on their own. I realize that you feel feeding someone thus controlling them is much better then teaching them to fish. But please spare us the BS.

Just for you:

A[edit]
Claude Allen, former White House Domestic Policy Advisor
Renee Amoore, health care advocate & founder and president of The Amoore Group, Inc.; former candidate for Republican National Committee Co-Chairwoman
Caesar Antoine, 13th Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana

B[edit]
J. Kenneth Blackwell, former Secretary of State of Ohio, former gubernatorial candidate
Michelle Bernard, journalist, author, columnist
Lynette Boggs, former Las Vegas City Councilwoman, former Clark County, NV commissioner, former candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives
Peter Boulware, former NFL linebacker and Republican candidate for the Florida House of Representatives, District 9.
Jennette Bradley, former Treasurer of the State of Ohio
Randy Brock, former State Auditor of Vermont, current State Senator of Vermont
Stephen Broden, conservative commentator, Life Always board member (a pro-life organization) and evangelical pastor, 2010 Congressional candidate
Edward Brooke, former U.S. Senator from Massachusetts, first African American elected by popular vote to the U.S. Senate
Janice Rogers Brown, a federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals
Blanche Bruce, former U.S. Senator from Mississippi, first African American to serve a full term in the U.S. Senate
Keith Butler, Republican national committeeman from Michigan, former councilman for Detroit, minister and former U.S. Senatorial candidate

C[edit]

Herman CainHerman Cain, businessman, media personality, and former candidate for President of the United States in 2012.
Jennifer Carroll, Lieutenant Governor of Florida[1]
Ben Carson, political commentator and pediatric neurosurgeon
Ron Christie, former advisor to Vice-President Dick Cheney.[2]
Octavius Valentine Catto, civil rights activist and African American baseball pioneer
Julius Caesar Chappelle, legislator (1883-1886), Massachusetts House of Representatives [3]
Henry P. Cheatham, former U.S. Representative from North Carolina
Eldridge Cleaver, author and civil rights leader
William Thaddeus Coleman, Jr., fourth United States Secretary of Transportation, first African American Supreme Court Clerk[4]
Ward Connerly, political activist, businessman, and former University of California Regent
Norris Wright Cuney, Chairman of the Texas Republican Party (1886-1896)

D[edit]

Frederick DouglassRandy Daniels, former Secretary of State of New York, 2006 Gubernatorial candidate
Artur Davis, former Democratic Alabama Congressman, speaker at 2012 Republican National Convention, potential Republican candidate
Tommy Davis Reverend,Current Chaplain, CEO, writer, and member of the Rochester New York Republican Committee.
Oscar Stanton de Priest, former U.S. Representative from Illinois
Robert DeLarge, South Carolina congressman
Frederick Douglass, abolitionist, editor, orator, author, and statesman
Oscar Dunn, 11th Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana
Edward Duplex, Mayor of Wheatland, California (1888)

E[edit]
Larry Elder, talk radio host and commentator
Robert Brown Elliott, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
Melvin H. Evans, former U.S. Representative from, and former Governor of, the U.S. Virgin Islands

F[edit]
James L. Farmer, Jr., civil rights leader
Michel Faulkner, pastor, former defensive lineman for the New York Jets, a 2010 nominee for New York's 15th congressional district
Arthur Fletcher, official in the administrations of Presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and George H.W. Bush; considered the "father of affirmative action"
Gary Franks, former U.S. Representative from Connecticut
Ryan Frazier, Aurora City Councilman, 2010 nominee for Colorado's 7th congressional district
Samuel B. Fuller, founder and president of the Fuller Products Company, publisher of the New York Age and Pittsburgh Courier, head of the South Side Chicago NAACP, president of the National Negro Business League, and a prominent black Republican
Virginia Fuller, 2010 and 2012 Congressional Candidate

G[edit]
Matthew Gaines, former slave, community leader, minister, and Republican Texas State Senator.
James Garner, former mayor of the Village of Hempstead, New York, 2004 Congressional candidate
Robert A. George, editorial writer for the New York Post, blogger and pundit
James Golden, producer on the Rush Limbaugh radio talk show
Elbert Guillory, current state senator in Louisiana's 24th district

H[edit]
Ken Hamblin, Radio host, political commentator, author, television personality
Jeremiah Haralson, former U.S. Representative from Alabama
Bill Hardiman, former Michigan State Senator, 2010 Congressional Candidate
Erika Harold, 2003 Miss America, delegate to the 2004 Republican National Convention, 2012 Congressional Candidate
Ted Hayes, activist for the homeless
Amy Holmes, CNN political commentator and independent social conservative
Deborah Honeycutt, 2006, 2008, 2010 congressional candidate;
T.R.M. Howard, Mississippi civil rights leader, surgeon, entrepreneur and mentor to Medgar Evers and Fannie Lou Hamer
Zora Neale Hurston, Folklorist, anthropologist, novelist, short story writer
John Adams Hyman, former U.S. Representative from North Carolina

I[edit]
Niger Innis, commentator and activist

J[edit]
Alphonso Jackson, thirteenth Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
Raynard Jackson, political consultant and political analyst for WUSA*9 TV (CBS affiliate) in Washington, DC
Dr. Mildred Fay Jefferson, first African-American woman to graduate from Harvard Medical School; pro-life movement leader; Republican candidate for U.S. House and U.S. Senate[5]
Wallace B. Jefferson, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas
James Weldon Johnson, first Black manager of the NAACP, president of the Colored Republican Club
E.W. Jackson, GOP nominee for Lt. Governor of Virginia in 2013, President of STAND and CETF, Marine Corps Veteran, former Small Business Owner, graduate of Harvard Law School

K[edit]

Alan Keyes, 16th Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization AffairsAlan Keyes, former member of the Republican party and nominee for the U.S. Senate
Alveda King, minister, political activist, author, niece of Martin Luther King Jr.

L[edit]
Stephen N. Lackey, fundraiser, philanthropist
John Mercer Langston, former U.S. Representative from Virginia
Jefferson Franklin Long, former U.S. Representative from Georgia
Mia Love, mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, 2012 Congressional candidate
John Roy Lynch, former U.S. Representative from Mississippi

M[edit]
Lenny McAllister, political analyst, community activist, television and radio host, author, 2013 Congressional candidate
Angela McGlowan, political analyst, 2010 Congressional candidate
James Meredith, civil rights leader
Thomas Ezekiel Miller, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
Eric Motley, former Deputy Associate Director, Office of Presidential Personnel in Bush Administration
George Washington Murray, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina
E. Frederic Morrow, first African-American to hold an executive position at the White House. He served under President Dwight D. Eisenhower as Administrative Officer for Special Projects from 1955 to 1961.

N[edit]
Charles Edmund Nash, former U.S Representative from Louisiana
Sophia A. Nelson, Lawyer, author, political commentator
Constance Berry Newman, U.S. diplomat; former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs; member of International Republican Institute

O[edit]
James E. O'Hara, Congressman from North Carolina

P[edit]

Colin Powell, 65th Secretary of StateRod Paige, seventh U.S. Secretary of Education
Sherman Parker, Missouri state representative, ran for U.S. House of Representatives
Vernon Parker, mayor of Paradise Valley, Arizona, 2010 Congressional candidate
Star Parker, author, political commentator, 2010 Congressional candidate
Edward J. Perkins, first African-American U.S. ambassador to South Africa
Jesse Lee Peterson, civil rights activist, founder of Brotherhood of New Destiny
Joseph C. Phillips, actor, columnist, commentator
Pio Pico, last governor of Mexican California. Formed the Republican Party in California.[6]
Samuel Pierce, former HUD Secretary
P. B. S. Pinchback, twenty-fourth governor of Louisiana; first African-American governor of a U.S. state
Colin Powell, 65th United States Secretary of State
Michael Powell, 24th Chairman of the FCC
Pierre-Richard Prosper, former Bush Administration war crimes official

Q[edit]

Wiki letter w.svg This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)

R[edit]

Condoleezza Rice, 66th Secretary of StateJoseph H. Rainey, former U.S. Representative from South Carolina, first African American to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives
James T. Rapier, former U.S. Representative from Alabama
Hiram Rhodes Revels, former U.S. Senator from Mississippi, first African American to serve in the U.S. Senate
Condoleezza Rice, 66th United States Secretary of State
Jack E. Robinson III, former party nominee for U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and Secretary of the Commonwealth in Massachusetts
Vernon Robinson, former candidate for U.S. House of Representatives from North Carolina
Joe Rogers, former Lieutenant Governor of Colorado, youngest Lieutenant Governor in Colorado history
Carson Ross Mayor of Blue Springs, MO, Fmr. Missouri State Rep
Jackie Robinson, baseball player (changed parties after Goldwater nomination).

S[edit]

Michael Steele, 64th Chairman of the Republican National CommitteeDwayne Sawyer, State Auditor of Indiana
Paul H. Scott, Michigan State Representative
Tim Scott. U.S. Senator from South Carolina (Appointed 2013) and former Representative, South Carolina's 1st Congressional District
Marvin Scott. Congressional Candidate
Winsome Sears. Former member of the Virginia House of Delegates, 2004 Congressional Candidate
Robert Smalls, South Carolina
Joshua I. Smith, appointed commissioner of Minority Business Development by President George H. W. Bush
Princella Smith, 2010 Congressional Candidate, She PAC member
DeForest "Buster" Soaries, former New Jersey Secretary of State
Thomas Sowell, economist, writer and commentator
Michael S. Steele, political commentator, former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland, former candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2006 and former elected chairman of the Republican National Committee (2009-2010)
Shelby Steele, author
Thomas Stith, III, former member of the city council of Durham, North Carolina, 2004 Candidate for Lieutenant Governor, 2007 mayoral candidate for Durham, North Carolina
Lynn Swann, former NFL player, former Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate

T[edit]

Clarence Thomas, Associate Supreme Court Justice

Sourner TruthNoel C. Taylor, mayor of Roanoke, Virginia from 1975 to 1992[7]
Clarence Thomas, associate justice of the United States Supreme Court
Thurman Thomas, former Buffalo Bill, Republican activist, supported and campaigned for 2010 New York Republican Gubernatorial nominee Carl Paladino
Sojourner Truth, abolitionist speaker and suffrage advocate
Harriet Tubman, abolitionist speaker and suffrage advocate
Benjamin S. Turner, Alabama Congressman

U[edit]
James L. Usry, former mayor of Atlantic City, New Jersey

V[edit]
William T. Vernon, Register of the Treasury under President Theodore Roosevelt[8]

W[edit]

Allen West, former Congressman from Florida's 22nd DistrictDale Wainwright, Associate Justice of the Texas Supreme Court
Tara Wall, journalist, commentator, media strategist
Josiah Walls, former U.S. Representative from Florida, and one of the first African-Americans to serve in the U.S. House
Booker T. Washington, educator and activist
Maurice Washington, Nevada State Senator
J. C. Watts, former U.S. Representative from Oklahoma
Ida B. Wells, civil rights advocate, co-founder of the NAACP
Allen West, former U.S. Representative from Florida
J. Ernest Wilkins, Sr., Assistant Secretary of Labor under President Eisenhower[9]
Armstrong Williams, radio and television commentator
Michael L. Williams, Texas Railroad Commissioner
Walter E. Williams, author, commentator, economist
Vern Williams, member of the National Mathematics Advisory Panel

Y[edit]
William F. Yardley, anti-segregation advocate, first African American candidate for governor of Tennessee (1876)

List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back