Do Christians have more faith in Jesus or those who told the story?

Don't people who become "learned" on the subject do so by reading these old texts?

The texts are old but put this into your own life. Imagine you had family that came over with Christopher Columbus, then the story is told family to family for hundreds of years, then you write it down. Do you think what you wrote down will be exactly what the person said and went through so many hundreds of years ago?

My example doesn't even include the next 1500 years.

You're assuming that the text in question was the first. How would you go about proving that? I see it as simply the oldest found and probably not the first.

It is not even the oldest found. What it is is the oldest copy of the bound Bible. In other words, somebody went through the known manuscripts and copied them all down and bound them together in the form of a book.

I don't understand why the hypersenstitive types get on here and talk about religion. If your feelings are hurt find something else to do, let the grown ups talk.

Insane people also believe god speaks to them.

All I know for certain is that he has never spoken to me.
Not even to threaten my ass.

He has spoken to you, but you don't listen.

You cannot hear God until you realize that he knows more than you (not vice versa).

If those who God has spoken to are "insane," I'm in pretty good company. And honestly, if I AM "insane," I don't know any better and I'm fine with it, and so is God. I'll just keep giving people their guns, cashing the checks, listening, and spreading The Word.

You'll hear him one day, that's a certainty. You are the only one who can determine when that day is, but you cannot escape that day. No one can. It is coming as sure as the Sun will rise again this morning.

Until then, I'll put in a good word for you. I honestly don't know that it will make a difference, but it can't hurt to try, huh?

Peace, my deaf friend!

Now you are sounding just like my Ex wife. You never listen....

I don't understand why the hypersenstitive types get on here and talk about religion. If your feelings are hurt find something else to do, let the grown ups talk.

That was funny.

If you were a grownup you wouldn't need to base your position on lies, you could point out actual problems that really exist. Writing existed when Jesus walked the Earth, and many of his followers were educated.

The fact is that there is a lot more historical evidence that supports the text of the Bible than there is for the Iliad, yet I do not see you trying to claim that it was not written down for hundreds of years after Homer's death.

The Bible is a collection of books. Those books existed independently for centuries before it was compiled into what we know as the Bible. And in fact, the original Bible didn't look like todays. The Bible we have today wasn't set in stone until the Reformation.

However, it's time people stopped worshipping the Bible and started worshipping the God of the Bible. The Bible is a tool to point us to Him. Some people act like it is Him.

Do Christians have more faith in Jesus or those who told the story?

Actually unfortunately many "christians" have more faith in who is currently telling the story than the origional story tellers.

Codex Sinaiticus, the world's oldest Bible, unified online for the first time in over a century

Think about it, the oldest biblical writings found were written 400-500 years after the fact. This would mean for all those years the books and stories of the Bible would have had to have been told perfectly person to person with nothing left out.

So this means you have to have 100% faith that a text written 400-500 years after the fact is 100% accurate and for the sections that are missing you have to have complete faith that every word was relayed perfectly and translated exactly from language to language.

I think that takes as much faith as christianity in general.

All of the Christians packed around hundreds of stone tablets and some really sharp chisels so they could take notes in 12 point you fucking heathen! You are really fucking stupid! ALL the guys that actually talked to God...Moses..Muhammad... were actually given stone tablets in God's own handwriting/chiseling. OK thousands of stone tablets.. That's the real reason they got so pissed when they were told to shove off and get the fuck out of the neighborhood. Can you imagine how much work it was to pack 50 tons of rock and go anywhere? EVERY family?? See that's where you are dead wrong. They didn't mind at all. They loved it!

I always wondered about that simple question---If god wanted us to know him, why not inform us himself.

Did not god teach you how to breathe?
Did not god teach your heart how to beat?
Why not tell us how to live "directly" instead of using questionable people to relay information to us.

Or maybe God does not find it is necessary for us to know in order to live this life. When you think about it, man did exist before any of todays religion. Why did god create them and forgot to give them books and prophets to lead them onto the righteous path?

Or maybe there is something wrong with our "prophets"??

Forum List

Back