Do Americans need weapons?

Here we have in mind only the case of using the militia to reinforce the federal forces. No one canceled the main purpose: the protection of the independence of the state.
No, they were the federal force n that case. Their main purpose is not to fight against the government of the people. Citizens have the right to vote out those they disagree with. Losing one election in not tantamount to a revolutionary change worth dissolving 150 years of compromise and cooperation between Americans.

I believe that only those who agree to join the militia, conduct exercises and, if necessary, fight for the state should have the right to bear arms. ...
What you "believe" means exactly NOTHING here. Go start a thread about the laws and structure of government in your country instead of obsessing over ours.

This is good for the Republican System. But you need to conduct exercises and have a military doctrine in every state. You need to have a real militia and not a formal one

The Texas Militia are the militia forces of the State of Texas. It currently consists of the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and Texas State Guard. That is in addition to the Texas National Guard.

No, they were the federal force n that case. Their main purpose is not to fight against the government of the people. Citizens have the right to vote out those they disagree with. Losing one election in not tantamount to a revolutionary change worth dissolving 150 years of compromise and cooperation between Americans.
Then you are on your way to the usual leftist dictatorship. The feds will not leave you free, they will centralize power until they make you slaves

The Texas Militia are the militia forces of the State of Texas. It currently consists of the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and Texas State Guard. That is in addition to the Texas National Guard.
It's good practice

"Do Americans need weapons?"​

Yes they absolutely do and laws in every state to protect them from whackjob prosecutors that would try to jail them for defending themselves against invaders?

Only when called to federal service.
Not really.

"To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;"

The idea of the 2nd Amendment is to have weapons to create a militia if necessary and prevent the arbitrariness of the feds. It doesn't work, the feds are constantly getting stronger, and the Americans have already turned into obedient sheep of the left regime. The weapon has become a fetish. The left is not afraid of it.
You should have guns, I think only 4 countries don't.

It's just that American culture needs changed about them. Background checks should be thorough, secure gun cabinets at home with guns secured when not in use, size and type of gun regulated, and no need whatsoever to carry them around in public. Those who breach any of this should be severely fined and jailed.

RIP over 30,000 people who die by guns in USA every year.

Weapons are of little use except murder and suicide.
And collecting
And shooting targets
And competing
And hunting
And varmint control

Should I go on? It would seem that these are novel concepts to you, so take your time and make sure you can absorb them.

It's just that American culture needs changed about them. Background checks should be thorough, secure gun cabinets at home with guns secured when not in use, size and type of gun regulated, and no need whatsoever to carry them around in public. Those who breach any of this should be severely fined and jailed.

Spoken like a subject, not a citizen.

Do you mean the American states or the countries of the world?

In most countries of the world there is no right to guns (not counting smoothbore), and probably nowhere is there such liberal legislation regarding gun ownership.

I am not against the possession of weapons, the essence of the topic is different. Weapons should protect not only personal but also republican freedoms.

Do you mean the American states or the countries of the world?

In most countries of the world there is no right to guns (not counting smoothbore), and probably nowhere is there such liberal legislation regarding gun ownership.

I am not against the possession of weapons, the essence of the topic is different. Weapons should protect not only personal but also republican freedoms.
Countries as in countries of the world.

And collecting
And shooting targets
And competing
And hunting
And varmint control

Should I go on? It would seem that these are novel concepts to you, so take your time and make sure you can absorb them.
Different places need different laws.

No, in most countries it is prohibited or heavily restricted. There are no such freedoms as in the USA, where a special permit for the possession of automatic weapons is not required anywhere.
If you're interested in UK guns, watch this. Otherwise you will just just come out with the same rhetoric as the gun nuts.

Forum List

Back