Diving right in. The solution to the energy crisis.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by fullpower, Aug 13, 2019.

1. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,846
    I have a question regarding this plan.

After the extraction of energy, there will be no way to recombined the elements to create water. Granted, there is a huge supply of water on the planet. The question is not whether it will run out, but at what point will destroying the water cause unforeseen damages.

Water, while plentiful, is still not a renewable resource.

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,715
    It's a perfect plan if you stop to consider the rising oceans...

3. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65

4. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    If you combust anything, you will gain power from it. As in the form of pressure. Pressure can be utilized. Also, when you combust anything, there is something else you will get from it. Heat. And when you are also talking about utilizing MHD, energy can also be produced from that.

Another thing is that I said earlier that 2% of water will combust at 3600 F. What if the steam you were injecting into the furnace was already at something like 3000F. Then getting it up to the proper combustion temperature wouldn't take all that much added heat.

You also bring up photovoltaic solar panels. Your anti alternative energy cult is one I can easily smash. Are you still paying attention? Good. I brought up earlier that even though they use the sun, solar panels are the closest thing we have to perpetual motion. in so much that that they create far more energy than was needed to create them. A lack of sunlight isn't a problem either. Because there is always (during the day) sunlight somewhere. And we transmit energy today, don't we. Another thing is that you use enough solar panels to create three times the energy you need. That way, with the use of batteries, you can always produce enough energy.

If you are thinking of banning me, I will tell you something else about using water to create energy. So that if you do ban me, hopefully this will make you feel bad for doing so. First of all, I called a car stereo place once and asked them how loud could you make a car stereo without having to alter your car's engine. Such as the alternator. The stereo person told me that it was basically unlimited. That 40,000 watts was achievable. Which means you could produce a LOT of sound from very little power.

Now all matter has a sonic resonant frequency that will disrupt it. That would have to include the H2O molecule. What if you shot such a frequency down a long tube filled with water or steam. You would then separate the molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. (At the very least it could make the amount of energy needed for electrolysis much less) This mixture might directly be used to cause ignition. I don't remember what the hydrogen and oxygen mixture used in the space shuttle was. But for proper ignition, the ratio of hydrogen and oxygen would need to be the same.

Getting back to electrolysis to separate the hydrogen and oxygen atoms. As that the atoms would already be freed from each other from sonic disruption, it wouldn't take all that much electrolysis to get the gasses to move in the direction you wanted them to go for collection. Not only that, you would likely be using DC. Which means a polarity. Strong neodymium magnets could be used to supplement this polarity. Maybe it would make any electrolysis unnecessary.

5. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I talked to a college physics professor once about my plan. He said that the ignited gasses would almost immediately recombine into H2O. But then again, I ma guessing that how fast they did this would depend on how hot the gasses were to begin with. You might also find post #34 to be interesting.

6. fullpower

fullpower BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Stop listening to others and listen to me. You will go farther.

7. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,791
    no need to reinvent the wheel

Attached Files:

8. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,503
    This is even WRONGER than your combusting water idea.. We actually DON't transmit energy long distances on a regular basis.. There are regional gateways and power trading between regions, but it's inefficient.. Just like solar efficacy which only actually about 30% of rated instantaneous power over the long run...

And we're not transmitting electricity over multiple time zones.. Not even a 3 hour difference... Even with a 3 hour buffer, solar STINKS in the northern territories.. Not just because of snow and ice in the winter, but because the solar insolation is much weaker there.

Battery storage on a GRID SIZE SCALE would be a fucking enviro nightmare.. They all have finite life and the waste stream would be immense.. Solar panels only have a usable lifetime at anywhere near their ORIGINAL ratings of 16 to 20 years... Just about the time any homeowner would have paid off the expensive loan for their purchase...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,715

I'm not in the habit of listening to abject morons, sorry.

10. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    Why would we want to waste twice as much energy looking at your stupidity again? More energy is consumed splitting water into hydrogen & oxygen than you can capture from the combustion of it. Only useful for storing excess wind energy on a windy night when people aren't using it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1