Debate Now Diversity versus Adversity

The political left embraces the concept of diversity.

From the outset of the current administration the political right has engaged in a policy of adversity towards the agenda proposed by the president.

The demographics of this nation show a strong trend towards an even greater diversity.

So does it make sense to be adverse to policies that address this growing diversity?

Should the next leader of the free world be someone who embraces diversity?

Or should they continue to embrace adversity to diversity?

The question for this thread is which way should this nation go in the future?

Apart from avoiding ad homs there will be no other "special rules" since this is obviously going to get into areas where people have passionate feelings. Please feel free to express them openly and candidly. We the People need to have this debate so let's air our differences and see if there is any common ground in our positions.

Enjoy!

i suspect the far right will continue to lose the presidency unless they can embrace diversity. the only GOP candidate who seems to understand this (although I disagree with many things he stands for) is rand paul. now if he'd only learn not to melt down when he's asked questions.

Since when did the "far right" (whoever that is) win the presidency ?

They never have.

Let's hope they never do.

the far right... which is most of the clown car... CAN'T win the presidency. con't you read? that's my point.

hint: richard nixon couldn't get past a GOP wacko primary now. that speaks volumes.

The clown car is filled with those who push extremes from both sides.

I can't understand the shift in the house and senate. As much as I've tried to understand it...it does not seem consistent.

And spare me the "low information voter" argument. Something happened which has turned off both sides. It seems one voted to do something about it and the other decided to do something about it by not voting.

Making statements about what CAN'T be done is meaningless.

Let's just hope that neither the far left nor the far right ever win the presidency.

no one from the "far left" is running for president.

that can't be said for the right.

beyond that, i'm not sure what it is you're trying to say.

Well Bernie Sanders just jumped in the Clown Car.

And now it looks like Ben Carson just bought a ticket on the bus.

Well, at least he isn't one of the old white guys like Sanders.

i suspect the far right will continue to lose the presidency unless they can embrace diversity. the only GOP candidate who seems to understand this (although I disagree with many things he stands for) is rand paul. now if he'd only learn not to melt down when he's asked questions.

They never have.

the far right... which is most of the clown car... CAN'T win the presidency. con't you read? that's my point.

hint: richard nixon couldn't get past a GOP wacko primary now. that speaks volumes.

I can't understand the shift in the house and senate. As much as I've tried to understand it...it does not seem consistent.

And spare me the "low information voter" argument. Something happened which has turned off both sides. It seems one voted to do something about it and the other decided to do something about it by not voting.

Let's just hope that neither the far left nor the far right ever win the presidency.

get your own metaphors. the clown car is purely a rightwingnut invention.

ps. two people or even three do not constitute a clown car your wing nut dozen sure does

now run along

They never have.

ps. two people or even three do not constitute a clown car your wing nut dozen sure does

now run along

Keep dreaming.

BTW: I don't have an ideology.

I was just pointing out that someone from the far left is now running for president.

Good to know you conduct conversations at such an adult level.

now run along

Keep dreaming.

I was just pointing out that someone from the far left is now running for president.

you have no ideology but Bernie Sanders enters the race and you call it a "clown car"? you're either deluding yourself or you're dishonest. The "clown car" reference refers to the image of a tiny car being filled to overflow with clowns.... like the GOP loony bin is every four years.

I don't "conduct conversation" with people who start off by lying like you did. I merely point out your absurdity. :thup:

so like I said.....

The political left embraces the concept of diversity.

From the outset of the current administration the political right has engaged in a policy of adversity towards the agenda proposed by the president.

The demographics of this nation show a strong trend towards an even greater diversity.

So does it make sense to be adverse to policies that address this growing diversity?

Should the next leader of the free world be someone who embraces diversity?

Or should they continue to embrace adversity to diversity?

The question for this thread is which way should this nation go in the future?

Apart from avoiding ad homs there will be no other "special rules" since this is obviously going to get into areas where people have passionate feelings. Please feel free to express them openly and candidly. We the People need to have this debate so let's air our differences and see if there is any common ground in our positions.

Enjoy!

The left embraces the concept of show diversity, and diversity as long as the diverse people are of the proper political persuasion. Diversity has become an empty word, just like racism, sexism, and all the other jingo-isitc phrases used to embrace division, and not inclusion, or inclusion under the rules of the progressive left.

now run along

Keep dreaming.

you have no ideology but Bernie Sanders enters the race and you call it a "clown car"? you're either deluding yourself or you're dishonest. The "clown car" reference refers to the image of a tiny car being filled to overflow with clowns.... like the GOP loony bin is every four years.

I don't "conduct conversation" with people who start off by lying like you did. I merely point out your absurdity. :thup:

so like I said.....

All references to the clown car (of which I am aware) don't differentiate parties.

I also said Ben Carson bought a ticket on the bus (sorry...I should have said decided to climb in the car).

And yes...you don't conduct conversations...period.

Now you run along.

now run along

Keep dreaming.

so like I said.....

All references to the clown car (of which I am aware) don't differentiate parties.

I also said Ben Carson bought a ticket on the bus (sorry...I should have said decided to climb in the car).

Now you run along.

you are wrong about not differentiating parties for the reason I staqted.

I do conduct conversations, troll. you just didn't start one. instead you spouted something that had nothing to do with the o/p. and i'll point out that this is in the 'debate now' section, which actually has rules. it isn't in the flame section or where rants belong.

now run along

Keep dreaming.

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

I do conduct conversations, troll. you just didn't start one. instead you spouted something that had nothing to do with the o/p. and i'll point out that this is in the 'debate now' section, which actually has rules. it isn't in the flame section or where rants belong.

Oh, please..please...please show me where you've put up an argument as part of the debate.

Troll ?....look in the mirror.

Rant...where ?

Bernie Sanders is as much a clown as Ben Carson is.

Just a reminder that this is the structured discussion and ad homs are discouraged.

now run along

Keep dreaming.

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

Oh, please..please...please show me where you've put up an argument as part of the debate.

Rant...where ?

No.

And again, you've unsurprisingly missed the metaphor.

Again, stop off-tracking the topic.

Keep dreaming.

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

Bernie Sanders is hardly an advocate for adversity and is probably one of the sanest politicians in office today.

His positions are left of center but nowhere near as extreme as his detractors claim. I do find it ironic that it is those on the extremist rightwing fringe that are accusing Sanders of being extremist.

I suspect that he is running more to ensure that topics like diversity are brought into the public debate than with any expectations that he will gain sufficient support to become the Dem candidate.

Ironic!
Keep dreaming.

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

No....you won't show me where you've put up an argument ?

Got it.

Ironic!

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

Got it.

I get that you're a troll who is trying to derail this thread. I owe nothing to you.

And I see that you lack comprehension.

Have a good day.

so like I said.....

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

Bernie Sanders is hardly an advocate for adversity and is probably one of the sanest politicians in office today.

His positions are left of center but nowhere near as extreme as his detractors claim. I do find it ironic that it is those on the extremist rightwing fringe that are accusing Sanders of being extremist.

I suspect that he is running more to ensure that topics like diversity are brought into the public debate than with any expectations that he will gain sufficient support to become the Dem candidate.

I agree that it is ironic that the wingers are the ones saying Sanders is extreme. I think he knows he won't win the nomination but I'm not sure that his issue is diversity. I think he wants to discuss the toll rightwin corporatist policies have taken on the middle class. And I think it's important that those issues be discussed.

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

I agree that it is ironic that the wingers are the ones saying Sanders is extreme. I think he knows he won't win the nomination but I'm not sure that his issue is diversity. I think he wants to discuss the toll rightwin corporatist policies have taken on the middle class. And I think it's important that those issues be discussed.

Well....something we can agree on...in part.

Sanders has always been extreme in his positions (but not to the detriment of others).

Bernie Sanders Is A Socialist And That s Not As Crazy As It Sounds

Regardless, many of the issues he continually highlites are issues that need more attention. I might not agree with his relative positions....but our clown bus (loaded with federal pols on both the left and right...) has long avoided an honest discussion of these choosing the priority of re-election instead.

As for adversity though, Sanders has never been one to shy away from it and is often very provocative in his characterization of those who oppose him.

Changing gears....

Sanders wants to break up the big banks. Not extreme ? Hardly. But something I totally agree with. It's just the way Sanders would constrain things that I am waiting to see.

Last edited:

Ironic!

Now you run along.

Rant...where ?

No.

Got it.

I get that you're a troll who is trying to derail this thread. I owe nothing to you.

Have a good day.

Cyberia is nice at this time of the year for those who choose the derail route.

:D

Ironic!

Rant...where ?

No.

Got it.

Have a good day.

Please send us a post card after you've settled in.

Ironic!

Rant...where ?

No.

Got it.

Have a good day.

that's what i hear. :)

Forum List

Back