Diversity opinions?

There is nothing wrong with diversity ... It is a good practice in everything from product availability to financial investments. Think we stray from a solid concept of recognizing potential as far as race is concerned, when society thinks it can engineer the desired results by eliminating diversity through imposed artificial equality.

Yes I agree. I believe that one day our society will be so blended that it will be even harder to classify things like race. Today I feel it is important to maintain diversity in schools, jobs, neighborhoods ext. but how do we go about keeping up diversity without keeping some people down? Also how long will race be an issue in our society?

Yes I agree. I believe that one day our society will be so blended that it will be even harder to classify things like race. Today I feel it is important to maintain diversity in schools, jobs, neighborhoods ext. but how do we go about keeping up diversity without keeping some people down? Also how long will race be an issue in our society?

Diversity is present without our needing to manufacture it. If we set standards to excel, they would exceed standards intended to level everything. The greatest benefits that comes from diversity is what it has to offer ... Not necessarily what we want to make it do.

Edit:
There is no diversity if everything is blended into the same form ... Nor in equality.

Last edited:
Diversity has nothing to do with keeping one over another.

When it comes to a less qualified person getting a job, or into a school because the job/school needs its student body to be more diverse I feel it is putting one over another.

When it comes to a less qualified person getting a job, or into a school because the job/school needs its student body to be more diverse I feel it is putting one over another.

Let's start with the basics. How are you defining diversity?

Why don't you give me your definition of diversity.

1. The condition of having or being composed of different elements and or qualities.

2. Understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing our individual differences.

3. The state of being diverse, different and unlikeness.

I am focusing on racial diversity. I feel it is a tough subject for some people to talk about and would like to get others opinions. As far as American society goes, do you feel we are diverse? Is racism a problem still?

I am focusing on racial diversity. I feel it is a tough subject for some people to talk about and would like to get others opinions. As far as American society goes, do you feel we are diverse? Is racism a problem still?

Oh ... I'm sorry, you meant manufactured diversity in attempts to achieve artificial non-existent equality.

I think what you really want to talk about is Affirmative Action or Campus "quotas". So, why not just fess up and say so.

I think what you really want to talk about is Affirmative Action or Campus "quotas". So, why not just fess up and say so.

Do you feel those are issues? since 2003 race has been allowed in the application process of selecting college students.

Do you feel those are issues? since 2003 race has been allowed in the application process of selecting college students.

Your prior post indicates that you view them as issues. I know it's difficult but you could expand on that.

Diversity is great, no two people are alike, which makes us unique. People should be judged on their behavior, regardless of race. There are stereotypes, but they stem from something. An entire race is not a responsible for the behavior of those fitting the stereotypes. Hey, I'm Irish and I love my beer lol!

1. The condition of having or being composed of different elements and or qualities.

2. Understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing our individual differences.

I thought you didnt recognize race or color?

There is plenty of diversity. The problem is there are people that are against it. Some are simply racist. Others are racist by reasoning by pretending race is not a consideration.

I don't let race or color influence my opinion of an individual ... Or in other words "colorblind".

You know that is what I have posted and meant before you asked the question. You try so hard to be wrong most of the time ... An excellent example of why you will never get it and will always be doomed to fester in your bigoted views.

I don't let race or color influence my opinion or assessment of an individual ... Or in other words "colorblind".

You know that is what I have posted and meant before you asked the question. You try so hard to be wrong most of the time ... An excellent example of why you will never get it and will always be doomed to fester in your bigoted views.

You never said that. If you had said that then I would not have thought you such a moron. You are still wrong but it is what it is.

Forum List

Back