Why does the census need to know our race?

The government keeps all kinds of statistics, and race is one of the factors they keep track of.

Other ones are education, job, gender, age, etc.

It just seems a little pointless when they do not list every race, and have colors like black and white.. We are so blended now that some people don't have an answer. I don't know what they are using these "race" statistics for. America is one of the only countries still putting race on the census.

I tossed the Census forms into the trash.......
Me too.

Drives them fuckin' nuts.

I got the long one twice.

Told them that warning me I must answer under penalty of law was un-American.

They called, sent people here that left notes warning me I had to fill it out, and called again.

I refused to fill it out, they asked me if I would consent to a shortened phone version.

I told the girl yes, IF she said please.

She had to get a supervisor on the line, before she could even say please.

Me too.

They called, sent people here that left notes warning me I had to fill it out, and called again.

I refused to fill it out, they asked me if I would consent to a shortened phone version.

pathetic....

Two census takers came to our door about a half dozen times. (We never answer the door for anyone unless we know them) They left some propaganda about the census on the door (makes good kindling!) as if that would compel us to comply. :lol:

Anyway, after the fifth or sixth time I answered the door. They told me who they were and asked if I would fill out the form.

I told them "No Thank you". They then reminded that we were "legally obligated" to fill out the form.

I then politely informed them that they were "legally obligated" to get off my porch. Have a nice night!!

I shut the door and never heard from them again.

:thup:

PS- I toss jury summonses into the trash too.....I'm a real outlaw!! :rofl:

They need to know where to concentrate the cops. Like, where the feral negros congregate.

The only thing you have to put on yer Census form is the number of people in yer household. The rest of the questions are optional.

And when they send you that Business Census form? Toss it in the trash like I do.

I do a lot of genealogy research and earlier censuses asked a lot more personal questions. Beyond race, your parents nationality, what language you speak, how much you make, what you paid for your house, how long you have been married, were you married before

Great stuff for researching your ancestors and a lasting legacy of who you were

I do a lot of genealogy research and earlier censuses asked a lot more personal questions. Beyond race, your parents nationality, what language you speak, how much you make, what you paid for your house, how long you have been married, were you married before

Great stuff for researching your ancestors and a lasting legacy of who you were

Why do you think they got rid of those questions and are now focused mostly on race?

Me too.

pathetic....

Two census takers came to our door about a half dozen times. (We never answer the door for anyone unless we know them) They left some propaganda about the census on the door (makes good kindling!) as if that would compel us to comply. :lol:

Anyway, after the fifth or sixth time I answered the door. They told me who they were and asked if I would fill out the form.

I told them "No Thank you". They then reminded that we were "legally obligated" to fill out the form.

I then politely informed them that they were "legally obligated" to get off my porch. Have a nice night!!

I shut the door and never heard from them again.

:thup:

PS- I toss jury summonses into the trash too.....I'm a real outlaw!! :rofl:
I hope you never read about some guy wrongly sent to the pen by a jury you could have been on.

Why does the census need to know our race?
There are many reasons. The primary one is so money can be directed to where its needed. There are also political reasons. They can use stats to fool poor whites that vote Republican. They can use stats to fool poor Blacks that vote Democratic.

How would race determine where money needs to be directed?

Forum List

Back