Disrespect for the office of the Presidency

Republiteapartiers have brought the disrespect of the office to an art form.

Sorry honey. No one disrespected the office more than the liberals did when GWB was President. No contest at all. They win that honor hands down.:eusa_hand:

a_006.jpg

b030a1ff-8e56-4ea3-848f-f4fcf4ef8ab6.jpg

a_010.jpg

a_005.jpg

a.jpg

a_004.jpg

Last edited:
And of course when a republican is president, it goes back to being respect for the office.

Partisan inconsistency is the bane of American politics.

The other side certainly didn't respect Bush. Think about it.

Oh so Obama's just another President like Bush was?

He has a different ideology but yes in the end he is just another President same as either Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford as far back as you want to go. Do you think Obama deserves special treatment because he is a Democrat or the first African American President? To do so would be saying Obama can't handle what the previous Presidents before him had to deal with that is truly disrespectful in my view.

Has nothing to do with the office...everything to do with the moron occupying it.

And of course when a republican is president, it goes back to being respect for the office.

I don't know about you, but my mother wouldn't let me get away with a bullshit excuse like that.

"Mommy, Timmy did it first!!!!!"

I don't know about you, but my mother wouldn't let me get away with a bullshit excuse like that.

The left really did...They posted stupid pictures of him and made fun.

What do you expect??? People on the other side are going to attack what they don't like.

Republiteapartiers have brought the disrespect of the office to an art form.

Sorry honey. No one disrespected the office more than the liberals did when GWB was President. No contest at all. They win that honor hands down.:eusa_hand:

Yup they were so pissed/upset and embarrassed after Bill Clinton's impeachment they were licking their lips for a chance to strike.

It could well be, that neither republicans or democrats will accept the leadership of the other party ever again. Or, until the nation splits and each side has their own president.

yep, because both sides have gerrymandered their districts and made it a permanent 50/50

What do you expect??? People on the other side are going to attack what they don't like.

If the Left jumped off a cliff, would you?

It’s not ‘the other side did it first.’ That is a lame attempt to demonize the current vitrol while trying to ignore the past vitriol. The defense that people here are using is NOT a they did it too but that it is simply politics. There is nothing wrong with it in general. Period.

There is nothing wrong with brining the president to task when you think he has done a horrible job. Actually, that is totally incorrect. It is not just all right, IT IS OUR DAMN JOB TO CRITICIZE THE PRESIDENT. That is what oversight by the people looks like.

There are extreme examples (Truthers/Birthers) but the fringe is hardly a matter to complain about. The fringe is to be ignored.

Left Logic. Do what I say...not what I do. :up:

It’s not ‘the other side did it first.’ That is a lame attempt to demonize the current vitrol while trying to ignore the past vitriol. The defense that people here are using is NOT a they did it too but that it is simply politics. There is nothing wrong with it in general. Period.

There is nothing wrong with brining the president to task when you think he has done a horrible job. Actually, that is totally incorrect. It is not just all right, IT IS OUR DAMN JOB TO CRITICIZE THE PRESIDENT. That is what oversight by the people looks like.

There are extreme examples (Truthers/Birthers) but the fringe is hardly a matter to complain about. The fringe is to be ignored.

Seeing as how that "fringe" makes up a good portion of the posters on this message board, it gets hard to "ignore" them.

And there is a difference between criticizing the President, and disrespecting the office.

Why is it the libs don't understand that an office is a physical room in a building and POTUS is a temp position, evaluated and filled every 4 years. Trying to make it any more than that is disrespecting the country and its founding by WE THE PEOPLE. The office and the job are loaned to individuals and they try to lay claim to the title for life, as do all the other supposed public servants. Elevating the egotistical ass holes to a pedestal and allowing them to continue to use the title is the greatest disservice and sign of disrespect there is. How many of you expect to be addressed by one of your former job titles for the rest of your life?

Does that make "It's ok to be a fucking child because someone else did it first" "Right Logic"?

I remember on these boards that the left only referred to Bush as "chimp". What would happen if we all started referring to BO as "the monkey"? There is no respect anymore, for anything, the President, the Law, Religion, decency, traditional values, etc. But when we don't kowtow when the MSM tries to play the race card instead of the facing truth (Trayvon was an aggressive burglar) don't be surprised by the push back.

Why is it the libs don't understand that an office is a physical room in a building and POTUS is a temp position, evaluated and filled every 4 years. Trying to make it any more than that is disrespecting the country and its founding by WE THE PEOPLE. The office and the job are loaned to individuals and they try to lay claim to the title for life, as do all the other supposed public servants. Elevating the egotistical ass holes to a pedestal and allowing them to continue to use the title is the greatest disservice and sign of disrespect there is. How many of you expect to be addressed by one of your former job titles for the rest of your life?

its called "decorum". It comes w/ the office. Google it.

Does that make "It's ok to be a fucking child because someone else did it first" "Right Logic"?

No. Both sides were wrong for doing it. Obama was wrong when he did it. ;) He campaigned on it. Bush took the high road, and for the most part bit his tongue, even when he should have been defending himself.

Last edited:
Anyone remember the routine insults the Left heaped on Bush? The Office of the President is fair game for ridicule now and forever more. That is now part of the job description.

My cousin, way more liberal than I am, met Bush and shook his hand. I have no problem with people calling out Presidents on their policies. But when you emphasize middle names (Hussein), and claim that the President ordered the killing of Americans (Benghazi); then that's completely disrespectful.

Going to have to disagree. Obama being called out on Benghazi is about his lack of leadership,judgement and policy. And is not disrespectful.

What did you say about Bush on 9/12?

Forum List

Back