DIRECTV getting LOTS of cancellation requests for NFL Sunday Ticket, might reverse "NO REFUNDS"

If our resident racist who wrote the OP gets his wish, and the NFL begins to lose fans and thus money, who will lose?
  • Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders
And the players, who have contracts, will continue to play and continue to collect their income.

Our resident racist is a fool as are others who believe the players will suffer.

1. Go to your local Community College
2. Take a course in Economics 101
3. Report your analysis here.

Thanks, y'all

Your ad hominem does not include a substantive rebuttal.

The free market will take care of the NFL one way or another.
Too bad DirectTV is in a contract to pay the NFL billions per year for many more years. The free market will take care of DirectTV is more accurate.
Many more years? I doubt they have contracts that last more than a few years. Do you have a link or are you just making shit up as you go?
Here you go, piece of shit:

DirecTV scores NFL Sunday Ticket exclusivity for 8 more years

DIRECTV SCORES NFL SUNDAY TICKET EXCLUSIVITY FOR 8 MORE YEARS
That deal was made in 2014, and it was only for 8 years. That leaves 5 years left. That could hardly be refered to as "many more years". :laugh:

If our resident racist who wrote the OP gets his wish, and the NFL begins to lose fans and thus money, who will lose?
  • Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders
And the players, who have contracts, will continue to play and continue to collect their income.

Our resident racist is a fool as are others who believe the players will suffer.
And who's fault is that? Oh yeah...the NFL.

Maybe they can pay those vendors they screwed over out of their own pockets

Fair is fair.

Too bad DirectTV is in a contract to pay the NFL billions per year for many more years. The free market will take care of DirectTV is more accurate.
not if they lose viewership money as directly related to the nfl behavior. I'm sure there is language in that contract bubba. just keep saying that though.

Exactly. You can't pay for a new car, and then when you pick it up, it has a damaged front end and they won't give you your money back.

Maybe Direct will wait it out to see what happens, but if this childish nonsense continues by the players, you can't expect DTV to take a loss because of it.
Yes you can. The ink on the paper is dry.

Many more years? I doubt they have contracts that last more than a few years. Do you have a link or are you just making shit up as you go?

October 2, 2014 article. And what happens if Directv loses customers?
In 5 years? Then someone else will buy the contract. They've been desperate to get it for years, but DirectTV has priority.

That deal was made in 2014, and it was only for 8 years. That leaves 5 years left. That could hardly be refered to as "many more years". :laugh:
^ weak. In 5 years, Trump's Presidency will be a distant memory, and the NFL will be announcing record revenues like they did last year, and will again this year.

the networks put it in the contract something baaaaaaaaad happens for the entity promising it. And the NFL willingly signed it for all that cash, thinking that there was no way Jose' their ratings were going to tank.

The NFL had 100% of the leverage. They could have put whatever they wanted in the contract. If DirectTV had gotten clever, there were other suitors desperate to close.

In 5 years? Then someone else will buy the contract. They've been desperate to get it for years, but DirectTV has priority.
Sure someone else will buy the contract, but it will be for much less money.

^ weak. In 5 years, Trump's Presidency will be a distant memory, and the NFL will be announcing record revenues like they did last year, and will again this year.
If teams continue to kneel, their ratings will plummet.

Probably not. The NFL will be fine in 5 years. Unless the CTE issue never gets under control. That's an ACTUAL problem that they're facing.

Probably not. The NFL will be fine in 5 years. Unless the CTE issue never gets under control. That's an ACTUAL problem that they're facing.
Im not seeing many stories about fans boycotting football over CTE. Are you? :laugh:

Im not seeing many stories about fans boycotting football over CTE. Are you? :laugh:
It's doing infinitely more damage than conservative children not watching football for 2 or 3 weekends. Most of you don't even live anywhere that has an NFL team.

It's doing infinitely more damage than conservative children not watching football for 2 or 3 weekends. Most of you don't even live anywhere that has an NFL team.
I live a few miles from the Seahawks training camp. Seahawk games are no longer permitted on my television now as a result of their shameful behavior last week.

I live a few miles from the Seahawks training camp. Seahawk games are no longer permitted on my television now as a result of their shameful behavior last week.
Oh cool for you. Enjoy your Sundays. Take up hiking.

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

wow look how many injustices because of millionaire elitists. you guys never fking learn.

not if they lose viewership money as directly related to the nfl behavior. I'm sure there is language in that contract bubba. just keep saying that though.

Exactly. You can't pay for a new car, and then when you pick it up, it has a damaged front end and they won't give you your money back.

Maybe Direct will wait it out to see what happens, but if this childish nonsense continues by the players, you can't expect DTV to take a loss because of it.

I will also say this------>merchandise will go into the tank, AND endorsement deals will start drying up. The NFL is NOT going to win, and that is exactly why behind the scenes, we will soon see the NFL players standing. Oh, they will give another excuse, but they will be TOLD to.

By the way LEFTISTS-----------> In all media contracts, specific performance is written in. (bet ya didn't know that, did ya) What happens if it falls BELOW the specific performance? We might find out! I suppose it depends upon the wording, but I got a buck 3.80 that I am willing to bet that proclaims---------> the networks put it in the contract something baaaaaaaaad happens for the entity promising it. And the NFL willingly signed it for all that cash, thinking that there was no way Jose' their ratings were going to tank. From the reports I see, the ratings of the NFL are around 2006 levels-) Does that sound to you people like a deal that the networks would give them a big RAISE for, lol!

We are going to win! And when they are FORCED off their knees, I am gonna be here telling all you leftists, "I told you so!" And the next time you CLOWNS insist you are winning when you pull another stunt like this, we are going to HAMMER your caboose's again.

Ya see leftists, not only did you finally PISS off the heartland enough to wake up, as our successes grow using YOUR TACTICS, you will rue the day you thought, and had the nerve to proclaim.......you had won, and America was on YOUR side-) All you actually have done, is mobilize the America that is going to CRUSH you!

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

1. Go to your local Community College
2. Take a course in Economics 101
3. Report your analysis here.

Thanks, y'all

Let me EDUCATE Wry CUTCHER-------------> Did you know the ownership of the Steelers is panicking! Oh, they are trying to explain themselves, and it is NOT working.

Did you also know that one of our Senators has proposed a bill to RESCIND the NFLs deal with the government?!-)

Now, guess what we are going to do on the phone, through e-mail, and every other pressure method we can, ESPECIALLY with the 18 elections coming closer. Name me a Republican who will vote to continue the exemption, if they know they will be REMOVED from office-) Ummmmm, who has 52 votes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

By the time this is over, YOU and your NFL will be on THEIR knees for sure, and it won't be protesting the flag, nor the National Anthem, and we thank you very much for helping us to wake/activate the heartland.

YOU and friends, are going to LOSE this, as you should.......you far leftist, incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial, asshat!
their ideology just isn't accepted by the majority in this country. now they will learn.

why not? what is your definition of many? I say more than three.

I don't get it. what is your affiliation with them?

wtf is wrong with you fks in here today? how the fk do you know where anyone in here lives to make that stupid statement.

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

wow look how many injustices because of millionaire elitists. you guys never fking learn.
BTW, when they go on strike, they affect all of those people as well. just so you know.

Forum List

Back