DIRECTV getting LOTS of cancellation requests for NFL Sunday Ticket, might reverse "NO REFUNDS"

The free market will take care of the NFL one way or another.
Too bad DirectTV is in a contract to pay the NFL billions per year for many more years. The free market will take care of DirectTV is more accurate.

Well, if they survive maybe they will make better deals. That, or a better company will replace them.
If they survive? This deal is the only reason they're surviving. And they'll be fine.

Got it! That is if down means up. Neilson is where the ratings come from.

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year

By David Bauder | AP September 26 at 4:41 PM
NEW YORK — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.77 million this year. The 2017 figures don’t include this week’s Monday night game between the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals.

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year - The Washington Post

The Nielsen figures also don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one

No doubt the NFL is more popular than ever!

I would not go that far, but I think they are safe from going out of business anytime soon. They had more revenue last year than more than half the states in the country. They can handle a little bump.

I still say this is a ploy to reach a wider market. Right now 37% of NFL viewers are over the age of 55 and another 31% are between 25-54. And 75% white. So basically the NFL has a bunch of middle age/older white guys watching their games. They need to expand the reach and younger people and people that are not white are more likely to approve of the protest.

I was being sarcastic. :)

I think one problem the NFL as well as all sports and televised entertainment has is that younger people are not as rabid of fans for sports and television as their parents and grandparents were.

Without a doubt, at least as far as how it is watched. Younger people are all over the NBA right now, but they are watching via the web or their phones and that does not show up in the ratings.

I'm not so sure about the health of the NBA. Supposedly, HALF of the NBA teams lost money last year.

Nearly half of NBA teams lost money despite new TV deal | Daily Mail Online

If people don't like a product, they stop buying the product.

The NFL is no different than any other consumable product.

Why is PONTIAC gone, but Toyota thriving?

The quality of the product.

I was acquainted with some people who owned Indiana Pacers season tickets year in and year out. Remember the infamous fight between the Pacers and the Detroit Pistons? That was years ago. Anyway, the season-ticket owners cancelled as they said they weren't going to support and cheer on a bunch of thugs. Getting into all-out brawls isn't necessarily good for one's potential endorsement deals either. But, a lot of these guys are just too fucking stupid not to fuck up something good.

The NFL says their ratings are eleventy bazillion.

You can trust them.

Ahem, they are telling the truth, kinda, lol. It seems that the start of the games ratings were very high, then precipitously fell off.

EXPLANATION-----------> People tuned in to see what the arrogant assho*** were going to do, and after seeing it, turned the channel.

And any time a leftist tells you that it is because of cord cutting, watching on other media, etc..........I beg you, ask them this-------------> If all their excuses are accurate, then pray tell, explain why College football ratings are steady, and in fact in many areas rising!

If that doesn't work, ask them why Hollyweird movie attendance is down. If they tell you makes no difference, ask them then why EVERY HOLLYWEIRD awards show is in the tank and dropping like a rock. If they say that means nothing, then ask them if they would like to buy a few of your shares in the Brooklyn Bridge, lololol. (I will print them up for ya, and we can split the money)

Let me say in this thread what I have said in every other one pertaining to this---------> We are going to win this argument, because there is no reason for the NFL to take EITHER side of this debate when they are entertaining. Before the end of this year, they will either take a massive hit in cash flow, or will be off their knees. And, once REGULAR Americans discover how easy it is to force these far leftists by messing with their cash, they will be MORE inclined to ban together to stop this kinda crap more often!

If people don't like a product, they stop buying the product.

The NFL is no different than any other consumable product.

Why is PONTIAC gone, but Toyota thriving?

The quality of the product.

Very good point, and it has nothing to do with kneeling during a time when the product is not on display. But the product has been crappy for a few years now, that is for sure.

It's people not liking the product for WHATEVER REASON.

If Toyota came out and said that all AMERICANS ARE MASS MURDERERS because of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, and they decided to put a CALVIN PISSING ON THE AMERICAN FLAG STICKER on every Toyota and use that as their central ad campaign....sales would drop in the US.

Your view seems pretty narrow.

Tons of companies suffer from POOR PR even though the PRODUCTS they sell are good.

That's why EVERY corporation has a PR department.

Then we have the regressives who are in delusional denial 24/7/365 who will tell you that, not only is the NFL NOT suffering financially from any of this, but they're doing better than ever!

Too bad DirectTV is in a contract to pay the NFL billions per year for many more years. The free market will take care of DirectTV is more accurate.
Many more years? I doubt they have contracts that last more than a few years. Do you have a link or are you just making shit up as you go?

Links for those who don't know how to use a search engine:

About 70,000 results (0.43 seconds)

Search Results

DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds following player protests
Engadget-3 hours ago
Once you subscribe to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket package, usually you're locked in. According to their support site, no cancellations are ...
DirecTV is offering refunds for NFL Sunday Ticket to fans offended ...
Los Angeles Times-3 hours ago

Source: Fans upset by protests can get Sunday Ticket refunds
Highly Cited-ESPN-22 hours ago

Is DIRECTV Offering NFL Subscription Refunds Over Anthem ...
Fact Check-snopes.com-5 hours ago

DirecTV Offers Refunds to Some Fans Upset by NFL Protests
Blog-Slate Magazine (blog)-2 hours ago

AT&T's DirecTV Is Giving Refunds on NFL Packages Due to Protests
Highly Cited-Bloomberg-Sep 26, 2017

Los Angeles Times

Sporting News

CBSSports.com

Gizmodo

Fortune

snopes.com

Full coverageDirecTV Offers Refunds to Some Fans Upset by NFL Protests
Slate Magazine 2h ago

DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds over anthem issue
Las Vegas Review-Journal 2h ago

What Is Going on With DirecTV's NFL Refunds?
Gizmodo 4h ago

Fact CheckIs DIRECTV Offering NFL Subscription Refunds Over Anthem Protests?
snopes.com 5h ago

Highly CitedDirecTV Allows Some NFL Refunds After Anthem Controversy
Wall Street Journal Sep 26, 2017

ESPN 22h ago

AT&T's DirecTV Is Giving Refunds on NFL Packages Due to Protests
Bloomberg 23h ago

DirecTV is offering refunds to people offended by NFL protests
New York Post 23h ago

More ArticlesDirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds following player protests
Engadget 3h ago

Do NFL anthem protests get you down? AT&T's DirecTV offers Sunday Ticket package refunds
Dallas News 5h ago

DirecTV offering refunds to NFL fans upset by protests during anthem
AZFamily 3h ago

DirecTV: We'll issue refunds for satellite package for offended NFL fans
Hot Air 4h ago

DirecTV sending mixed signals about potential Sunday Ticket refunds
WRCB-TV 44m ago

DirecTV Customers Can Sack Their Sunday Ticket Service After NFL Player Protests
TheStreet.com 5h ago

Reports: DirecTV to issue refunds for Sunday Ticket for fans upset over protests
KTRK-TV 1h ago

DirecTV is reportedly allowing some people to refund their NFL packages after national anthem protests
Business Insider 6h ago

DirecTV will reportedly offer refunds to 'Sunday Ticket' customers
WCVB Boston 6h ago

People Are Trying to Get Refunds from DirecTV Because of the NFL Anthem Protests
Fortune 8h ago

DirecTV Gives Refunds to Those Offended by NFL Protests
The Root 6h ago

Offended by national anthem protests? DirecTV might refund your NFL package, reports say
Wichita Eagle 3h ago

More Bad News for NFL: DirecTV Is Allowing Some Fed Up Fans to Cancel 'Sunday Ticket' Packages
Independent Journal Review 4h ago

DirecTV offering refunds on NFL packages over anthem protests (reports)
Syracuse.com 9h ago

DirecTV offering refunds to customers who want to cancel over NFL anthem protests
WCSH-TV 6h ago

NFL National Anthem Protests Sack DirecTV
Forbes 4h ago

DirecTV reportedly offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds to fans angered by protests
ActionNewsJax.com 6h ago

T&T's DirectTV Is Offering Refunds Over NFL Protests
Daily Beast 10h ago

VERIFY: Is DirecTV refunding offended customers of NFL protests?
WGRZ-TV 6h ago

NFL: DirectTV offering refunds for Sunday Ticket after protests
PhinPhanatic 6h ago

DirecTV reportedly offering Sunday Ticket refunds to protest complainers
Larry Brown Sports 10h ago

DirecTV Offers NFL Sunday Ticket Refunds Due To Anthem Protest Outrage
HotNewHipHop 1h ago

DirecTV offering refunds to fans upset with NFL national anthem protests
WCPO 7h ago

DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds for protest-linked cancellations, reports say
Sporting News 8h ago

DirecTV Refunds NFL Sunday Ticket Customers After National Anthem Protest
The Epoch Times 6h ago

DirecTV reportedly offering NFL Sunday Ticket refunds to fans angered by protests
WYMT News 7h ago

DirecTV offering Sunday Ticket refunds to some upset by NFL anthem protests
KWCH 6h ago

DirectTV reportedly offering NFL refunds after National Anthem protests
AL.com 4h ago

DirecTV Refunding 'NFL Sunday Ticket' Subscription Fees Following Protests
Western Journalism 3h ago

DirecTV is offering refunds to fans upset over the NFL anthem protests
WCTI12.com 7h ago

Unprecedented: DirecTV allows NFL Sunday Ticket refunds after anthem controversy
FOX43.com 9h ago

DirecTV offering refunds for fans fed up with NFL protests
CBS46 News Atlanta 10h ago

DirecTV refunds Sunday Ticket subscribers who are upset over NFL protests
Daily Mail 13h ago

Report: DirecTV Offers Refunds to Customers Offended by NFL Protests
Breitbart News 16h ago

DirecTV offering refunds to customers angry over NFL protests
Gephardt Daily 8h ago

DirecTV offers refunds for NFL packages due to protest controversy
AOL 18h ago

DirecTV said to offer refunds over NFL anthem controversy
CNET 19h ago

NFL fans who can't handle protests are canceling their DirecTV sports packages
Mashable 20h ago

Report: DirecTV Allowing NFL Sunday Ticket Refunds Due To Anthem Protests
CBS Sacramento 20h ago

DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds to customers traumatized by quiet, respectful kneeling
AV Club 17h ago
DirecTV allowing NFL Sunday Ticket refunds as a result of national anthem protests
FanSided 19h ago
WSJ: DirecTV Allows NFL Sunday Ticket Refunds After Protests
Newsmax 21h ago
NFL Sunday Ticket package customers can cancel service citing anthem protests, reports say
INFORUM 19h ago
ESPN 22h ago
Report: DirecTV Offering Refunds on Sunday Ticket Package Over Sunday's Protests
Sports Illustrated 21h ago
Subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket but hate the protests? How you could get a full refund
Sacramento Bee 21h ago
DirecTV Experiences Wave of Cancellations Amid NFL National Anthem Protests, Allows Some Refunds
Washington Free Beacon 22h ago
Report: DirecTV offering refunds to customers who want to cancel service over NFL anthem protests
WSYR 18h ago
DirecTV will give refunds for NFL package because of protests
WTSP 10 News 21h ago
DirecTV Allows NFL Sunday Ticket Refunds After Protests
Live Trading News 12h ago
DirecTV allowing NFL package refunds over protest controversy
FOX 13 News, Tampa Bay 23h ago

DirecTV Reportedly Offering Refunds to NFL Fans Upset with Protests
Bleacher Report 21h ago

Report | DirecTV offering refunds for fans offended by protests
FanRag Sports 20h ago

DirecTV allowing National Football League package refunds over protest controversy
AppsforPCdaily 21h ago

Direct TV Offering Refunds To Those That Wish to Cancel NFL's 'Sunday Ticket'
NFL GridIron Gab 16h ago

Alejandro Villanueva: I threw Steelers teammates under bus unintentionally by standing for national anthem
USA TODAY Sep 25, 2017

DirecTV allowing National Football League refunds around player protests
HiTechFacts 21h ago

DirecTV Humors Racists With Refunds After NFL “Take a Knee” Protests
DeathRattleSports.com 1h ago

DirecTV offers refunds to customers angry over NFL anthem protests
World Tribune 1h ago

Direct TV Offers Refunds to NFL Fans Following Protests
9&10 News 4h ago

REPORT: DirecTV Offering Refunds on NFL Sunday Ticket Because of Players Kneeling During Anthem
Total Pro Sports 23h ago

Many more years? I doubt they have contracts that last more than a few years. Do you have a link or are you just making shit up as you go?
Here you go, piece of shit:

DirecTV scores NFL Sunday Ticket exclusivity for 8 more years

DIRECTV SCORES NFL SUNDAY TICKET EXCLUSIVITY FOR 8 MORE YEARS

Yep and it sucks.

For a hundred bucks you can get "delayed" broadcasts. You cannot watch when any other game is on live, though.

And Denver is on the natl broadcast, and I have to go to some stupid engagement party thing.

I wonder is I should tell the future groom that his life will suck because he has to got to shit like this party instead of watching football?

not if they lose viewership money as directly related to the nfl behavior. I'm sure there is language in that contract bubba. just keep saying that though.

Exactly. You can't pay for a new car, and then when you pick it up, it has a damaged front end and they won't give you your money back.

Maybe Direct will wait it out to see what happens, but if this childish nonsense continues by the players, you can't expect DTV to take a loss because of it.

not if they lose viewership money as directly related to the nfl behavior. I'm sure there is language in that contract bubba. just keep saying that though.

Exactly. You can't pay for a new car, and then when you pick it up, it has a damaged front end and they won't give you your money back.

Maybe Direct will wait it out to see what happens, but if this childish nonsense continues by the players, you can't expect DTV to take a loss because of it.

No they wont take the loss without concessions...I am sure they have that in the contract. The big winner will be Trump because the retailers are getting pounded hard and the Holidays are almost here.

All this madness is a ploy to keep Americans from being concerned about tRump and his many illegal actions. As for me I watch football not the prelude.
That's true, and what's funny is these fools ponied up around $250-300 knowing the players were kneeling. Now after Trump, they want their money back, and to not see the games they apparently wanted to see so much.

PS the decline of cable and network tv is not new.

Netflix overtook cable TV in number of subscribers in the US | Markets Morning
so netflix has a Sunday Football ticket like Direct TV? I think not. fans are requesting their money back from Direct TV for that package. Just so you get it straight. And BTW, as long as the user states the reason is due to the kneeling, they will get it all back. ouch.

No they wont take the loss without concessions...I am sure they have that in the contract. The big winner will be Trump because the retailers are getting pounded hard and the Holidays are almost here.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

October 2, 2014 article. And what happens if Directv loses customers?

I will also say this------>merchandise will go into the tank, AND endorsement deals will start drying up. The NFL is NOT going to win, and that is exactly why behind the scenes, we will soon see the NFL players standing. Oh, they will give another excuse, but they will be TOLD to.

By the way LEFTISTS-----------> In all media contracts, specific performance is written in. (bet ya didn't know that, did ya) What happens if it falls BELOW the specific performance? We might find out! I suppose it depends upon the wording, but I got a buck 3.80 that I am willing to bet that proclaims---------> the networks put it in the contract something baaaaaaaaad happens for the entity promising it. And the NFL willingly signed it for all that cash, thinking that there was no way Jose' their ratings were going to tank. From the reports I see, the ratings of the NFL are around 2006 levels-) Does that sound to you people like a deal that the networks would give them a big RAISE for, lol!

We are going to win! And when they are FORCED off their knees, I am gonna be here telling all you leftists, "I told you so!" And the next time you CLOWNS insist you are winning when you pull another stunt like this, we are going to HAMMER your caboose's again.

Ya see leftists, not only did you finally PISS off the heartland enough to wake up, as our successes grow using YOUR TACTICS, you will rue the day you thought, and had the nerve to proclaim.......you had won, and America was on YOUR side-) All you actually have done, is mobilize the America that is going to CRUSH you!

If our resident racist who wrote the OP gets his wish, and the NFL begins to lose fans and thus money, who will lose?
  • Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders
And the players, who have contracts, will continue to play and continue to collect their income.

Our resident racist is a fool as are others who believe the players will suffer.

If our resident racist who wrote the OP gets his wish, and the NFL begins to lose fans and thus money, who will lose?
  • Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders
And the players, who have contracts, will continue to play and continue to collect their income.

Our resident racist is a fool as are others who believe the players will suffer.

1. Go to your local Community College
2. Take a course in Economics 101
3. Report your analysis here.

Thanks, y'all

I will also say this------>merchandise will go into the tank, AND endorsement deals will start drying up. The NFL is NOT going to win, and that is exactly why behind the scenes, we will soon see the NFL players standing. Oh, they will give another excuse, but they will be TOLD to.

By the way LEFTISTS-----------> In all media contracts, specific performance is written in. (bet ya didn't know that, did ya) What happens if it falls BELOW the specific performance? We might find out! I suppose it depends upon the wording, but I got a buck 3.80 that I am willing to bet that proclaims---------> the networks put it in the contract something baaaaaaaaad happens for the entity promising it. And the NFL willingly signed it for all that cash, thinking that there was no way Jose' their ratings were going to tank. From the reports I see, the ratings of the NFL are around 2006 levels-) Does that sound to you people like a deal that the networks would give them a big RAISE for, lol!

We are going to win! And when they are FORCED off their knees, I am gonna be here telling all you leftists, "I told you so!" And the next time you CLOWNS insist you are winning when you pull another stunt like this, we are going to HAMMER your caboose's again.

Ya see leftists, not only did you finally PISS off the heartland enough to wake up, as our successes grow using YOUR TACTICS, you will rue the day you thought, and had the nerve to proclaim.......you had won, and America was on YOUR side-) All you actually have done, is mobilize the America that is going to CRUSH you!

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

• Vendors
    • food sellers
    • ticket sellers
    • Suppliers
  • The community
    • Parking fees
    • Restaurants
  • The Team
    • Owners
    • Ancillary employees
    • Stock Holders

1. Go to your local Community College
2. Take a course in Economics 101
3. Report your analysis here.

Thanks, y'all

Let me EDUCATE Wry CUTCHER-------------> Did you know the ownership of the Steelers is panicking! Oh, they are trying to explain themselves, and it is NOT working.

Did you also know that one of our Senators has proposed a bill to RESCIND the NFLs deal with the government?!-)

Now, guess what we are going to do on the phone, through e-mail, and every other pressure method we can, ESPECIALLY with the 18 elections coming closer. Name me a Republican who will vote to continue the exemption, if they know they will be REMOVED from office-) Ummmmm, who has 52 votes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

By the time this is over, YOU and your NFL will be on THEIR knees for sure, and it won't be protesting the flag, nor the National Anthem, and we thank you very much for helping us to wake/activate the heartland.

YOU and friends, are going to LOSE this, as you should.......you far leftist, incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial, asshat!

Forum List

Back