Punch Them Hard Where It Hurts: NFL Backlash for Going Political Is Growing

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Restaurants Are Turning Their TVs OFF To The NFL.

DirecTV is offering an unprecedented refund of its ‘NFL Sunday ticket’ package over national anthem protests.

Either DirecTV thinks that few customers will take advantage, or that the NFL has become so toxic that they’re willing to issue a lot of refunds in exchange for good PR. The restaurant move makes me think it might be the latter.

CEO of the Dish Network Says That It’s No Longer Unthinkable to Simply Drop ESPN from Cable Networks.

DirecTV is offering an unprecedented refund of its ‘NFL Sunday ticket’ package over national anthem protests.

Either DirecTV thinks that few customers will take advantage, or that the NFL has become so toxic that they’re willing to issue a lot of refunds in exchange for good PR. The restaurant move makes me think it might be the latter.

CEO of the Dish Network Says That It’s No Longer Unthinkable to Simply Drop ESPN from Cable Networks.

Yup. All the bars around here had "NOTFOOTBALL" on. I so far know 6 folks who dropped their Sunday sports package.

Cutting their noses to spite their faces :laugh:

Really? How so?

How long until some lefty posts that protesting what went on on Sunday is a direct attack on the first amendment?

What happened Sunday was the NFL thinking they were protecting the NFL and the players joined right in. It had nothing to do with social injustice, it had everything to do with protecting the NFL brand. They didn't give a crap about protest two weeks ago.

But it seems to be back firing like everything liberal, the outcome is the direct opposite of the stated intent.

Really? How so?
Maybe he meant the NFL was doing that.

How long until some lefty posts that protesting what went on on Sunday is a direct attack on the first amendment?

What happened Sunday was the NFL thinking they were protecting the NFL and the players joined right in. It had nothing to do with social injustice, it had everything to do with protecting the NFL brand. They didn't give a crap about protest two weeks ago.

But it seems to be back firing like everything liberal, the outcome is the direct opposite of the stated intent.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Really? How so?
DirectTV losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent and restaurants losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent? Both of their own accord? How silly.

Really? How so?
DirectTV losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent and restaurants losing money while the NFL doesn't lose a cent? Both of their own accord? How silly.
you just can't make this shit up class.

Really? How so?

Hen they will be fine! Still, how does this hurt a business who mearly puts a game on for noise?

Blacks historically burn down their own neighborhood.

Thanks for the smiley faces, I may go into standup soon.
NFL-Ram-49er-Game-Thursday-9-21-17.jpg

Blacks historically burn down their own neighborhood.

Ain't that true. I remember LA 92. When the hood rats went to burn Koreantown all the Koreans came out shooting. The hood rats scattred like roaches. It was grand.

Really? How so?
The links are to TWO ny restaurants shutting off NFL games and the continued trend to cutting cable and satellite tv subscriptions to more direct streaming.

Thanks for the smiley faces, I may go into standup soon.
View attachment 151769

To be fair, I have not seen a full stadium this early in the season. It will level out around late mid season, playoffs.

Really? How so?

Hen they will be fine! Still, how does this hurt a business who mearly puts a game on for noise?
Because people go there to watch games. Duh. You think the bar's packed and the kitchen's bustling at 1:00 PM on a Sunday without football? You think I'm going to call my friends and tell them to meet me at Buffalo Wild Wings, and order a bunch of rounds of beers and wings, to watch Seinfeld reruns?

Really? How so?
The links are to TWO ny restaurants shutting off NFL games and the continued trend to cutting cable and satellite tv subscriptions to more direct streaming.

Yup.

Really? How so?

Because people go there to watch games. Duh. You think the bar's packed and the kitchen's bustling at 1:00 PM on a Sunday without football? You think I'm going to call my friends and tell them to meet me at Buffalo Wild Wings, and order a bunch of rounds of beers and wings, to watch Seinfeld reruns?
well right now, there is baseball, Playoffs about to kick in. hly fk. Hockey, Soccer, Basketball right around the corner. hmmmmm you must think you live in england.

Forum List

Back