Dilemma for EV advocates.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Advocates for EV's are also environmentalists who oppose nuclear plants. However, they surely must be aware that that is the only possible way to produce enough reliable electricity needed to power a national fleet of EV vehicles in the future. There is not enough land area for wind and solar to accomplish this, never mind the country's other growing electric energy needs.

Advocates for EV's are also environmentalists who oppose nuclear plants. However, they surely must be aware that that is the only possible way to produce enough reliable electricity needed to power a national fleet of EV vehicles in the future. There is not enough land area for wind and solar to accomplish this, never mind the country's other growing electric energy needs.

The EV Industry is a "shell game" with Government subsidies and slush funds dedicated to enriching those enticed into playing the game ...
All sold on the unrealistic representations, pro or con, in regard to actual sustainability ... And promoting the idea with constant legislation and media influence.

That doesn't include the exponential increase in capacity across the board for all levels of transmission lines, from the plants to the switchgear and transformers down to the neighborhood lines and the household lines.

What about those of us who support NEW Q LER but also are open to EVs on a long term basis along with hydrogen and natural gas vehicles as options to become energy independent?

What about those of us who support NEW Q LER but also are open to EVs on a long term basis along with hydrogen and natural gas vehicles as options to become energy independent?

Define what you mean by "support" ...
And the degree to which it would include the Federal Government having a say-so or providing subsidies/grants for production/research.

I am all in on Da Atom Splittin.

Splitting what atoms ... Where did you get them?
Who owns the mines and the deep-water ports that provide for the transportation of the raw materials.

What does you being "all in" mean?
I really do not care what you do with your money ...
But to what degree are you willing to invest our money or endorse a Federally supported effort?

Splitting what atoms ... Where did you get them?
Who owns the mines and the deep-water ports that provide for the transportation of the raw materials.

What does you being "all in" mean?
I really do not care what you do with your money ...
But to what degree are you willing to invest our money or Federally supported effort?

To me it isn't even about funding research or production via government, my issue is with forcing the use on people by banning the existing technologies, like ICE vehicles.

In particular doing it when there isn't a chance in hell the required infrastructure will be ready by the 2035 date proposed in these laws, and a very small chance battery tech will be at a place where charging a vehicle will be as fast as filling a gas tank.

Nobody is interested in building nuclear power plants.

Nukes are the way to go. Yes, there are dangers, but technology is getting better and better.

Also, I know some on this board don't believe that we will ever run out of fossil fuels, but yes we will. it's just a matter of when. When the fossil fuels run out, there will need to be some alternative else humanity will have to go back to more primitive ways of life.

99%of the world's sulphur is obtained from crude oil. We need sulphur to vulcanise rubber to make the tyres for the EV's for the EV clowns who want to ban crude oil. They're taf (thick as fuck)

That's a much more pragmatic approach to the whole issue, and one I think will ultimately become reality. Pure EV's face a very large obstacle, and that is what the OP reveals, the need for vastly increased electricity production and significant upgrades to the electrical infrastructure. I do believe that the vehicles of the future will be a mix of petroleum, hydrogen, natural gas and electricity, and the market will ultimately decide which one is the long-term solution.

99%of the world's sulphur is obtained from crude oil. We need sulphur to vulcanise rubber to make the tyres for the EV's for the EV clowns who want to ban crude oil. They're taf (thick as fuck)
It's the burning of fossils fuels, not the byproducts, that is the problem for the enviros.

EVs have nothing to do with helping the environment, and never have. They're actually demonstrably worse for the environment than gas-powered cars. EVs are about auto manufacturers making money, and rich people virtue-signaling.

That's a much more pragmatic approach to the whole issue, and one I think will ultimately become reality. Pure EV's face a very large obstacle, and that is what the OP reveals, the need for vastly increased electricity production and significant upgrades to the electrical infrastructure. I do believe that the vehicles of the future will be a mix of petroleum, hydrogen, natural gas and electricity, and the market will ultimately decide which one is the long-term solution.
They ignore the technologies of hybrids, LGN and propane fueled vehicles, which are very efficient and clean. Propane fueled vehicles have been in use by some government agencies for decades.

They ignore the technologies of hybrids, LGN and propane fueled vehicles, which are very efficient and clean. Propane fueled vehicles have been in use by some government agencies for decades.
And that is the problem when the government gets involved to pick winners and losers. It inevitably tries to shoehorn everyone into a one size fits all approach that ends up being just slightly less than miserable for everyone.

And that is the problem when the government gets involved to pick winners and losers. It inevitably tries to shoehorn everyone into a one size fits all approach that ends up being just slightly less than miserable for everyone.
My friend, a County Sheriff, had his vehicle adapted to propane as well as a few other utility vehicles in his department. However, all the police cruisers remained gasoline powered. His vehicle could still run on gasoline if needed at the flip of a switch.

Nukes are the way to go. Yes, there are dangers, but technology is getting better and better.

Also, I know some on this board don't believe that we will ever run out of fossil fuels, but yes we will. it's just a matter of when. When the fossil fuels run out, there will need to be some alternative else humanity will have to go back to more primitive ways of life.
We won`t run out of seaweed.

/——-/ Car builders having second thoughts on EV —- so says Scottie.

Forum List

Back