Digital Noise Graffiti

Never heard of it, it any good?
It works. Obviously from what Amanda taught me here I need to take it more seriously than what I have, use the myriad and various tools it has, instead of treating it like a cassette recorder! I only do this stuff as a hobby but might as well do it the best I can, as I learned today.

But I can do 64 tracks in mono, stereo or Dolby 5.1. I have a 24 track Alesis digital USB mixer as default sound on my system, never use the soundcard at all. I can create, in the program, any musical instrument you can name, and it sounds real. I can record live performances either here or anywhere a band might be. (The recording we're discussing here is 16 tracks.)

If you're interested in turning your computer into a music studio, Audacity is a good little free program to cut your teeth on. Then later on you can step up to the home version of Magix, Magix Audio Studio for like, $70 bucks from best Buy or Walk-Mart, or even just buy it online. But there's alot of pretty good software out there for this, such as Sonar which Amanda mentioned earlier.

It's a fun hobby, there's alot worse things I could be doing with some of my time that's for sure.

Sounds pretty good for a home system.

I use Adobe Audition, Pro-Tools and Vegas Video.
Ahh you were sandbagging! You have quite a little bit of bucks sunk into your set-up! Can you do MIDI? Create virtual instruments?

I have quite a bit sunk into this little hobby too, the software, mixer, mics, mics for every use. Not cheapies either.

Like I said, there's worse things. One of my hobbies in the late 80s through late 90s was jumping off buildings and racing stock cars. I sorta outgrew those.

It works. Obviously from what Amanda taught me here I need to take it more seriously than what I have, use the myriad and various tools it has, instead of treating it like a cassette recorder! I only do this stuff as a hobby but might as well do it the best I can, as I learned today.

But I can do 64 tracks in mono, stereo or Dolby 5.1. I have a 24 track Alesis digital USB mixer as default sound on my system, never use the soundcard at all. I can create, in the program, any musical instrument you can name, and it sounds real. I can record live performances either here or anywhere a band might be. (The recording we're discussing here is 16 tracks.)

If you're interested in turning your computer into a music studio, Audacity is a good little free program to cut your teeth on. Then later on you can step up to the home version of Magix, Magix Audio Studio for like, $70 bucks from best Buy or Walk-Mart, or even just buy it online. But there's alot of pretty good software out there for this, such as Sonar which Amanda mentioned earlier.

It's a fun hobby, there's alot worse things I could be doing with some of my time that's for sure.

Sounds pretty good for a home system.

I use Adobe Audition, Pro-Tools and Vegas Video.
Ahh you were sandbagging! You have quite a little bit of bucks sunk into your set-up! Can you do MIDI? Create virtual instruments?

I have quite a bit sunk into this little hobby too, the software, mixer, mics, mics for every use. Not cheapies either.

Like I said, there's worse things. One of my hobbies in the late 80s through late 90s was jumping off buildings and racing stock cars. I sorta outgrew those.

LOL. Not my bucks. The station's. I couldn't afford all three on my own.

Luckily my job gives me access to all of it.

I haven't tried virtual instruments. Don't really have a need for them in my application. But yeah, it can do MIDI's, although again I hardly ever do it due to the application that I actually use the programs for.

If you got the cash, I've found that Adobe gives you the most bang for your buck.

Adobe - Audition 3
That's right up there with what I have, Magix MMP being just slightly cheaper however but not much.. Capabilities appear almost identical.

I'd correctly guessed you worked in radio but it didn't dawn on me that your equipment access and skillset is going to be superior to the typical person out there.

So, what did you think of our work?

If you got the cash, I've found that Adobe gives you the most bang for your buck.

Adobe - Audition 3
That's right up there with what I have, Magix MMP being just slightly cheaper however but not much.. Capabilities appear almost identical.

I'd correctly guessed you worked in radio but it didn't dawn on me that your equipment access and skillset is going to be superior to the typical person out there.

Honestly I haven't listened to it yet.

I will, but I have the board tied up right now doing some production.

Adobe - Audition 3

I looked at your pictures and remembered my misspent youth working radio in the late 70s. It was a totally different world, tech-wise, back then that's for sure.

I looked at your pictures and remembered my misspent youth working radio in the late 70s. It was a totally different world, tech-wise, back then that's for sure.

Yeah, there's not a cart or a turntable anywhere in the place!

Or, cart RECORDERS!

Jeez, we were continually working on cart players and recorders, cleaning and repairing. What a pain in the ass the equipment used to be.

How long you been in radio?

Or, cart RECORDERS!

Jeez, we were continually working on cart players and recorders, cleaning and repairing. What a pain in the ass the equipment used to be.

Been in the biz about 15 years. Got into it just when computers started taking over. There were still cart machines, reel-to-reels and CD players in the studio for when the computers crapped out.

Radio is just a part time job for me now though. Well, if you can consider 24+ hours a week part-time. My main career path is in an industry that is not quite so volatile now. I can't be a radio-gypsy traveling from city to city anymore. I'm not going to do that to my family.

Or, cart RECORDERS!

Been in the biz about 15 years. Got into it just when computers started taking over. There were still cart machines, reel-to-reels and CD players in the studio for when the computers crapped out.

Radio is just a part time job for me now though. Well, if you can consider 24+ hours a week part-time. My main career path is in an industry that is not quite so volatile now. I can't be a radio-gypsy traveling from city to city anymore. I'm not going to do that to my family.
I gave up radio in '81 because I felt that "canned" programming was gonna eliminate the live jock, and for awhile there it seemed it did. I just didn't see a future there.

Jocks have been making a comeback though in most every market out there. Which is good but yeah, it's a gypsy life, you gotta follow the money or else just nest in a relatively small market in a town you might not like.

Or, cart RECORDERS!

I gave up radio in '81 because I felt that "canned" programming was gonna eliminate the live jock, and for awhile there it seemed it did. I just didn't see a future there.

Jocks have been making a comeback though in most every market out there. Which is good but yeah, it's a gypsy life, you gotta follow the money or else just nest in a relatively small market in a town you might not like.

Well, you can blame me for being one of the "canners". I VoiceTrack my shifts so I can spend the time doing production in the back. While I am on the air, I'm not really on the air, if you know what I mean.

Well, you can blame me for being one of the "canners". I VoiceTrack my shifts so I can spend the time doing production in the back. While I am on the air, I'm not really on the air, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, the "canned" stuff I left because of though was national satelitte programming, automated radio. No jock or engineer needed, in fact no one needed. I thought the future was that totally.

Voice tracking the shows is a godsend I bet.

Yeah, the "canned" stuff I left because of though was national satelitte programming, automated radio. No jock or engineer needed, in fact no one needed. I thought the future was that totally.

It's good for the weekend jocks like me. Plus the station gets more bang for its buck since we can do production while we're "on the air". I don't like the idea of VTing the actual weekday shifts. You lose the interaction you can have with the listeners and quick on-air response you can have to news stories, traffic conditions, or the weather (traffic conditions being the most common here since this is Atlanta)

It's good for the weekend jocks like me. Plus the station gets more bang for its buck since we can do production while we're "on the air". I don't like the idea of VTing the actual weekday shifts. You lose the interaction you can have with the listeners and quick on-air response you can have to news stories, traffic conditions, or the weather (traffic conditions being the most common here since this is Atlanta)
Yeah too much of a good thing is always too much of a good thing!

That is great MM, and KK! I love when people actually do something that is American. Awsome. I am sending this to everyone I know

MM, and KK productions? ;)

Hey I have an idea. Make a video titled "the cacophony of the left" ?

That is great MM, and KK! I love when people actually do something that is American. Awsome. I am sending this to everyone I know

MM, and KK productions? ;)

Hey I have an idea. Make a video titled "the cacophony of the left" ?

Digital Noise Graffiti is the name of the "digital band" ... Trailer Trash (the racoon at the drums) is also a member and works on it to. Thanks for the props, and feel free to spread the word ;) As I said, I am a huge supporter of free speech, no matter what it is.

Or, cart RECORDERS!

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking. Were you a DJ? If so what state or town and year please. Did you have an onair radio name or did you use your own name?

Forum List

Back