Digital Noise Graffiti

Wow.....

One must ALWAYS listen to the women, and at least TRY shit their way. As usual, in this case Amanda is quite right and I thank you muchly!

I went back in and applied the soft limiter and a medium compressor to this, for each individual track, and it's a huge improvement:

http://eipnetworks.com/NoCountryMusicfx.mp3

And I am now bizzy, making this the default track for all existing links to the original.

I have cheap speakers right now and it sounds fine. The original audio file sounds even better (my system down-samples it a little and I can't figure out how to stop that yet). Most people have their own equalizers on their computer that will alter the audio to suit their particular system.

I have cheap speakers right now and it sounds fine. The original audio file sounds even better (my system down-samples it a little and I can't figure out how to stop that yet). Most people have their own equalizers on their computer that will alter the audio to suit their particular system.
The newly remastered tracks are much clearer, cleaner and better from jumpstreet. Amanda was dead-on correct. I stand corrected and have learned a valuable lesson.

I always dismissed most of the many tools in my arsenal, because I always felt they would make shit sound unnatural. But I see now it's just the opposite, even on the worst cheap speakers and headphones the remastered one sounds much better and more importantly, is much more clear.

The newly remastered tracks are much clearer, cleaner and better from jumpstreet. Amanda was dead-on correct. I stand corrected and have learned a valuable lesson.

I always dismissed most of the many tools in my arsenal, because I always felt they would make shit sound unnatural. But I see now it's just the opposite, even on the worst cheap speakers and headphones the remastered one sounds much better and more importantly, is much more clear.

Hmm ... it sounds about the same on my cheapo speakers. But meh, multiple versions doesn't hurt.

Like my animations, it's a constant work in progress though. We all keep getting better at this with each new song.

Hmm ... it sounds about the same on my cheapo speakers. But meh, multiple versions doesn't hurt.
There will be only one version soon. I am defaulting the existing link to the original, to be this remastered version.

How hard will it be for you to change it in the video?

Like my animations, it's a constant work in progress though. We all keep getting better at this with each new song.
I have been doing this for well over 30 years. But only relatively recently have gone all digital. (2004)

I eschewed all the modern tools digital sound production provided, because I felt that "live mic" was the way to be. But alas, "manufactured" is in fact better.

There will be only one version soon. I am defaulting the existing link to the original, to be this remastered version.

Not very hard really. I keep the original videos on my harddrive (AVI/JPEG) so all I have to do is demux them and place the new audio tract in it.

Not very hard really. I keep the original videos on my harddrive (AVI/JPEG) so all I have to do is demux them and place the new audio tract in it.
Would you please do so? Using this track? http://eipnetworks.com/NoCountryMusicfx.mp3

Would you please do so? Using this track? http://eipnetworks.com/NoCountryMusicfx.mp3

Okay, I'll do it later tonight, meeting a friend today and going shopping soon so I won't be at my computer (or at least on it) until later this evening.

Okay, I'll do it later tonight, meeting a friend today and going shopping soon so I won't be at my computer (or at least on it) until later this evening.
No!

DO IT NOW!

Just kidding...

:)

I love music, I'm almost always listening to something.

My computer plays audio through a nice stereo so I could really hear (or not hear :lol:) how it sounded. I went from a commercially produced track to yours and it sounded like it had been recorded with pillows over the mic. I'm not trying to be mean, a lot of home produced stuff sounds that way, but it doesn't have to.

I learned about this from the music director at my church. He works in a studio and makes his own songs. I think he uses Sonar, but I could be mistaken. I don't have the tools or I'd give mastering it a shot. But I probably wouldn't do very well, I've only watched someone that knew what they were doing, I've never done it.

You're right, you could make it sound phony or artificial if you use too much compression or other effects. The key is to use the tools to polish what you have without going over board. I'll give the remastered version a listen and tell you what I think. :)

very nice job KK...I think I'll send this out to all in my address book. Lets see how far it goes.

Digital Noise Graffiti
Okay, I updated the audio track with the new file, and adjusted the timing a bit better. But I a, having a hard time getting Youtube access right now so it's only available on our "official" site, and Amanda, the MP3 is there as a free download to in case you didn't get it. There is an on site player for the MP3 and video, it's smaller than Youtube's and smoother on less than top of the line computers, many of you may prefer them there.

The Youtube one I will try to update ASAP.

:)

I love music, I'm almost always listening to something.

My computer plays audio through a nice stereo so I could really hear (or not hear :lol:) how it sounded. I went from a commercially produced track to yours and it sounded like it had been recorded with pillows over the mic. I'm not trying to be mean, a lot of home produced stuff sounds that way, but it doesn't have to.

I learned about this from the music director at my church. He works in a studio and makes his own songs. I think he uses Sonar, but I could be mistaken. I don't have the tools or I'd give mastering it a shot. But I probably wouldn't do very well, I've only watched someone that knew what they were doing, I've never done it.

You're right, you could make it sound phony or artificial if you use too much compression or other effects. The key is to use the tools to polish what you have without going over board. I'll give the remastered version a listen and tell you what I think. :)
You are 100% right, the original was full of MUD! And the soft compression I applied was just the right touch I think.

Thanks Amanda.... Gonna go thru all 23 of my songs, remaster them for the 21st Century...

What program do you use?
Magix Music Maker Pro 15. Been using Magix since version 2.

Never heard of it, it any good?
It works. Obviously from what Amanda taught me here I need to take it more seriously than what I have, use the myriad and various tools it has, instead of treating it like a cassette recorder! I only do this stuff as a hobby but might as well do it the best I can, as I learned today.

But I can do 64 tracks in mono, stereo or Dolby 5.1. I have a 24 track Alesis digital USB mixer as default sound on my system, never use the soundcard at all. I can create, in the program, any musical instrument you can name, and it sounds real. I can record live performances either here or anywhere a band might be. (The recording we're discussing here is 16 tracks.)

If you're interested in turning your computer into a music studio, Audacity is a good little free program to cut your teeth on. Then later on you can step up to the home version of Magix, Magix Audio Studio for like, $70 bucks from best Buy or Walk-Mart, or even just buy it online. But there's alot of pretty good software out there for this, such as Sonar which Amanda mentioned earlier.

It's a fun hobby, there's alot worse things I could be doing with some of my time that's for sure.

Magix Music Maker Pro 15. Been using Magix since version 2.

Never heard of it, it any good?
It works. Obviously from what Amanda taught me here I need to take it more seriously than what I have, use the myriad and various tools it has, instead of treating it like a cassette recorder! I only do this stuff as a hobby but might as well do it the best I can, as I learned today.

But I can do 64 tracks in mono, stereo or Dolby 5.1. I have a 24 track Alesis digital USB mixer as default sound on my system, never use the soundcard at all. I can create, in the program, any musical instrument you can name, and it sounds real. I can record live performances either here or anywhere a band might be. (The recording we're discussing here is 16 tracks.)

If you're interested in turning your computer into a music studio, Audacity is a good little free program to cut your teeth on. Then later on you can step up to the home version of Magix, Magix Audio Studio for like, $70 bucks from best Buy or Walk-Mart, or even just buy it online. But there's alot of pretty good software out there for this, such as Sonar which Amanda mentioned earlier.

It's a fun hobby, there's alot worse things I could be doing with some of my time that's for sure.

Sounds pretty good for a home system.

I use Adobe Audition, Pro-Tools and Vegas Video.

Forum List

Back