Digital Noise Graffiti

Or, cart RECORDERS!

Jeez, we were continually working on cart players and recorders, cleaning and repairing. What a pain in the ass the equipment used to be.

How long you been in radio?

Been in the biz about 15 years. Got into it just when computers started taking over. There were still cart machines, reel-to-reels and CD players in the studio for when the computers crapped out.

Radio is just a part time job for me now though. Well, if you can consider 24+ hours a week part-time. My main career path is in an industry that is not quite so volatile now. I can't be a radio-gypsy traveling from city to city anymore. I'm not going to do that to my family.
I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking. Were you a DJ? If so what state or town and year please. Did you have an onair radio name or did you use your own name?
Look at his photo album on his profile....

but his username is RadiomanAtlanta, I asked because I've known several DJ's over the years and mostly in the early 70's.

Or, cart RECORDERS!

Jeez, we were continually working on cart players and recorders, cleaning and repairing. What a pain in the ass the equipment used to be.

How long you been in radio?

Been in the biz about 15 years. Got into it just when computers started taking over. There were still cart machines, reel-to-reels and CD players in the studio for when the computers crapped out.

Radio is just a part time job for me now though. Well, if you can consider 24+ hours a week part-time. My main career path is in an industry that is not quite so volatile now. I can't be a radio-gypsy traveling from city to city anymore. I'm not going to do that to my family.
I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking. Were you a DJ? If so what state or town and year please. Did you have an onair radio name or did you use your own name?

Still in the radio biz. Started off in Panama City Beach and currently in Atlanta. Use my own name. But just the first name, no last.

I saw the star and thought texas. LOL
Google was my friend last night when I checked the photos. It can be your friend too, my sweet. I even streamed his on-air show!
MM, not with it since I got back. I missed the streaming of his show? How come I didn't see that thread about it or better yet, why no PM to me?
Wasn't sure he would want it publicly known. But the station he works at has fantastic sound on their stream, they spend alot of bucks for it I bet too.

Google was my friend last night when I checked the photos. It can be your friend too, my sweet. I even streamed his on-air show!
MM, not with it since I got back. I missed the streaming of his show? How come I didn't see that thread about it or better yet, why no PM to me?
Wasn't sure he would want it publicly known. But the station he works at has fantastic sound on their stream, they spend alot of bucks for it I bet too.
what type of music?

what type of music?

Ya'll are giving my "show" too much credit. I appreciate it and all, but I'm simply on the air intro-ing songs and pimping whatever promotions that the station has going on. I'm pre-recorded so I don't even air phone calls. I could do it live, but my main job at the station is production, so time in the on-air studio takes away from what I have to get done in the production studio.

Calling it a "show" is giving it way too much credit. lol.

Tell ya what, next weekend when I'm on the air I'll give ya'll some sort of shout-out.

what type of music?

Ya'll are giving my "show" too much credit. I appreciate it and all, but I'm simply on the air intro-ing songs and pimping whatever promotions that the station has going on. I'm pre-recorded so I don't even air phone calls. I could do it live, but my main job at the station is production, so time in the on-air studio takes away from what I have to get done in the production studio.

Tell ya what, next weekend when I'm on the air I'll give ya'll some sort of shout-out.
Do you have your station online? I guess you do...ok shout me out in PM.

what type of music?

Do you have your station online? I guess you do...ok shout me out in PM.

Yeah, station is online. You can listen at star94.com

Forum List

Back