Didn't they first claim he died in a shootout?

Good marksmanship? How good a marksman do you have to be to shoot an unarmed man in the same room?
the oft-maligned personnel of the CIA
'oft-maligned'? They kidnapped children and force-fed them LSD (MK-ULTRA). They kidnapped adults, put them into chemically-induced sleep for months and brainwashed them (psychic driving), they subjugated an entire nation (Guatemala) for capitalist profit (United Fruit Company, now Chiquita) through forced labour, they encouraged the wanton and random killing of villagers as a campaign of terror that turned the population against us (the Phoenix Program), they slipped drugs to American soldiers and civilians without their knowledge to see what would happen (Project ARTICHOKE), then there was Operation MOCKINGBIRD, placing the Shah in power in Iran, inciting the Hungarians to revolt while promising them American aid then abandoning them, I can't count the coups they helped stage in laos, the Bay of Pigs, the assassination of Trujillo (who was our guy), the murder of Lumumba and the chaos that followed, installing a junta in the Dominican Republic, removing Surkarno for remaining neutral in the cold war, the Reign of the Colonels in Greece, removing Sahounek in Cambodia (ultimate leading to the reign of the Khmer Rouge), the CIA/CREEP connections to Watergate, operation CHAOS, arming the guys we're now fighting in Afghanistan, Iran/CONTRA, keeping Noriga on the payroll, strengthening Hussein as a puppet against Iran...

This is just the stuff they tell us about!
You're probably the biggest loser on this board which is quite a feat.

Because I know how to read? That's just the stuff they admit to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d7G5LXxkqk]YouTube - IGNITE - KNOW YOUR HISTORY with Lyrics.wmv[/ame]

You're not worthy to shine the boots of a soldier much less comment on the umbrella of freedom they provide for your sorry yellow ass.

When was the last time they fought against an invading army?

Now they train to take our freedoms

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plELx_wmNgU]YouTube - USMC - Operation Urban Warrior (Police State)[/ame]
You're the fuckin coward who stayed home and allowed the very people you malign, to die in your place.

My place? When have they ever fought for me?

And I already approached the services, you idiot. Better to be prepared to serve the Peoples Militias if ever needed.
People like you make me sick..

You say as you defend the rape of children by the CIA

. He and others like him has been advocating the death of unarmed innocent people for years.

So they're kinda like the CIA? Or the Jews?
How about you stop trying so hard to be; what you consider being equal and fair? You are blinded by your zeal. Trying too hard to be above all the unfairness of life.

Who said anything about fairness? I just said that he probably had good intel in his head.

You wanna torture people for national security? I can see that argument- just don't pretend we're better than anyone else who does the same.
I can guarantee you, that a Marine or a Soldier would come to your aid if it came to it..

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on their orders and whether or not I believe in liberty. Operation Urban Warrior gets them ready for something, Pix.

Moving into the conspiracy realm are we?

. He and others like him has been advocating the death of unarmed innocent people for years.

Who said anything about fairness? I just said that he probably had good intel in his head.

You wanna torture people for national security? I can see that argument- just don't pretend we're better than anyone else who does the same.
I can guarantee you, that a Marine or a Soldier would come to your aid if it came to it..
Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on their orders and whether or not I believe in liberty. Operation Urban Warrior gets them ready for something, Pix.

My hand was forced to move the thread also

Nope. Just being aware.

See: garden Plot

See: REX84

See:Continuity of government

Hell, they labeled a man a terrorist and threw him in a federal prison for trading gold for stuff.

The military is prepared for all contingencies and this government has a history of shitting all over human rights when nobody's looking.

Now our cowardly troops kill an unarmed man in cold blood? Is our bloodlust so much that we didn't care if he might possess intel we could get through interrogation that could prevent the next attack?

Osama bin Laden was unarmed when U.S. special forces shot him dead, the White House said

So much for being heroes...

You wouldn't characterize what happened as a "shoot out"? Is there some question in your mind that the Seals were not taking fire?

If I get shot at a dozen times or more ...tell ya what..sport. Everything that moves gets killed. They were lucky that many of them did not get killed.

To the muslim jihadist ...yes that is what they would be. It all depends on your point of view.

By the way, anyone that thinks it is just as easy to transport a live prisoner as it is to carry a dead body has never done either. Bodies don't fight back.
You obviously have never seen (or heard of) someone who was tasered or shot up with a massive dose of thorazine right to the neck (chemical blackjack). Instant live corpse. But evidently the SEALs had other orders, which they carried out with typical efficiency.

Bin Laden dead is good for popular vindictive satisfaction. Bin Laden silenced is good for other, much less popular reasons. Bin Laden in custody could be an extremely valuable asset. I personally would like to hear what that man had to say.

Killing him was merciful compared to confining him in a brightly lighted, stark white cell 24 hours a day with zero human contact. Plain oatmeal through a slot once a day -- every day. No other sounds except for the toilet flushing and nothing to see but the walls. Day after day. Week after week. Month after month. Much better than waterboarding. Just takes a while. Think about it.

Instead, what was done has spared him the need to pray for death and we will never know why.

I have seen plenty of people on Thorazine. Believe it or not, it is not instantaneous. As for Tasering someone, it doesn't work like it does on TV.

They had a limited time on the ground because they were invading a sovereign nation and attacking a compound in a city with a military garrison that is used to scrambling forces in reaction to attacks. They did not bring a large enough force to fight their way out of a major conflict and deal with a prisoner.

It was a shootout. There were two levels and there was shooting on the first floor (shots exchanged) and then on the second as well. Osama's wife attacked the Seals and they shot. Who knows what else was going on at the time...

A shootout where there were 4 guards, 3 of whom were unarmed. They sent in Seals because the intent was to get the target and get out alive with whatever data they could find. If they wanted to arrest him they would have sent in police.

Don't deceive yourself about what happened. Obama ordered the assassination of bin Laden, and the Seals went in and took him out.

He's lucky he wasn't caught in NYC. By the time we were done with him..he'd be praying for a bullet to the eye.

Why? Ben Laden wasn't wanted by the FBI for 9/11.

CAUTION
Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.
FBI — USAMA BIN LADEN

and?

It was a shootout. There were two levels and there was shooting on the first floor (shots exchanged) and then on the second as well. Osama's wife attacked the Seals and they shot. Who knows what else was going on at the time...

allie, hon, it doesn't matter if there were a shootout or not. according to the info that's coming out now, it's being called a "precision clearing operation". they were ordered to take out the target unless he said "ok boys, i want to go with you", you got me".

they didn't want him on u.s. soil. they didn't want to put him in gitmo for "inspiration" to the people there; they didn't want him alive as a symbol.

the mission was what it was. if you want to call it an assassination, i suppose you can. i'm ok with it. if they had indiscriminately dropped bombs on the compound a lot of civilians would have been killed and we wouldn't have gotten confirmation of death.

A shootout where there were 4 guards, 3 of whom were unarmed..
It took them that long to win a firefight against one man?

Shooting an unarmed man in the head is heroic?

Or you just can break away from your jingoism enough to exercise any intellectual honesty on this one?

And since when is bloodlust more important than extracting any intel he had in his head that might not have been recorded elsewhere? You don't think he'd have been privy to good info?

What makes you think he would have given us any intel?

He's worth more dead to us than alive.

Forum List

Back