Didn't they first claim he died in a shootout?

I read in the St. Pete Times yesterday, that he was hiding behind one of his wives. They said nothing at all about him being armed or unarmed, but my thought was that he was most likely unarmed. For all we know, there may have been a firefight going on at the time, but maybe he was a coward after all, letting his guards defend him while he hid behind a woman.

I've seen pictures of him holding weapons and looking as if he fought, but the were obviously staged. Maybe he was, in fact, a coward?

We'll never know if the orders were not to bring him back alive, but I for one would not be surprised to find out that those were in fact the orders.

Immie

Honestly, who gives a good shit?? He's DEAD- Rotting in some shark's belly- where he belongs. I'm glad we killed him.. he didn't need any more publicity.

I think sharks and fish in general all have more self respect than to nibble on that human piece of excrement.

I don't care if he'd shown up at the door carrying a case of beers for the boys as they came in and offered them a ton of cash to take him quietly.

I fully expected the outcome to be exactly what went down.

So instead of capturing one of the world's most wanted criminals, extracting information, and stopping terrorist attacks, it's better to kill an unarmed man in a cowardly act of bloodlust?

I don't care if he'd shown up at the door carrying a case of beers for the boys as they came in and offered them a ton of cash to take him quietly.

So instead of capturing one of the world's most wanted criminals, extracting information, and stopping terrorist attacks, it's better to kill an unarmed man in a cowardly act of bloodlust?

:puke3:

There was nothing cowardly about going into that house, this isn't like they killed a girl scout here or a nun, it took balls just to accept this mission and go in there.

They had to BLOW UP a helicopter when they left. I'd say it was pretty intense, and things moved pretty quickly.

Few cowards join the service.

None join the SEALS

The training is far to brutal and real for anyone that would break under fire to make.

At this point we only have a single source saying other things occured.

Best to wait and see after all the intel is sorted out.

With all due respect - FUCK YOU.

So... fuck me because executing an unarmed man is heroic and stopping the next terrorist attack by interrogating OBL for intel would be a bad thing? :eusa_eh:

Yup...he didn't seem to care that 3000 people in the WTC were unarmed and unable to protect themselves! Or the people in the plane that crashed...did they have a choice?

Et Tu is not a defense.

Or Hiroshima excuses WTC on the exact same grounds.

You earned my first neg, for calling our military cowards.

POS

The story changes a lot for being true, don't it?

:rolleyes:

Besides, bin Laden, the two al-Qaida facilitators - who were the courier, his son Khalid and a woman presumed to be his wife, who was shielding bin Laden, died in yesterday's pre-dawn operations.

"She served as a shield; again, this is my understanding. And we're still getting the reports of exactly what happened at particular moments.

"She fought back when there was an opportunity to get to bin Laden; she was positioned in a way that indicated that she was being used as a shield, whether or not bin Laden or the son or whatever put her there or she put herself there,"
Deputy National Security Advisor for Counterterrorism and Homeland Security John Brennan told reporters at the White House.

"That's again my understanding, that she met her demise, and my understanding is that she was one of bin Laden's wives," he added.

Laden hid behind his wife during US forces raid: White House - Times Of India

WASHINGTON -- White House Press Secretary Jay Carney spent Tuesday correcting misstatements by administration officials on Osama bin Laden’s final moments before he was gunned down Sunday.

“We provided a great deal of information with great haste in order to inform you … about the operation,” Carney said during a briefing, in a concession that administration officials have erred in their details of the raid on bin Laden's compound outside of Islamabad, Pakistan. “Obviously some of the information came in piece by piece and is being reviewed and updated and elaborated on.”

Reading from a script carefully crafted by the Defense Department, Carney clarified that bin Laden was not armed with a gun when he was killed, contrary to some reports that he fired back at U.S. military operatives. In addition, White House counterinsurgency adviser John Brennan was wrong when he suggested Monday that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed serving as a human shield for bin Laden during gunfire.

“In the room with bin Laden, a woman -- bin Laden’s wife -- rushed the U.S. assaulter and was shot in the leg but not killed. Bin Laden was then shot and killed. He was not armed,” Carney said. Separately, another woman on the first floor was killed in crossfire, which may have led to Brennan's misstatement.

White House Revises Account Of Bin Laden's Final Moments

Last edited:
NYDailyNews_March203_KSMohdCaptured_small.jpg

What Conveniently Short and Selective Memories so many have...

Did all of ya all still reside in Elementary School when all of this went down?...

:)

peace...

Now our cowardly troops kill an unarmed man in cold blood? Is our bloodlust so much that we didn't care if he might possess intel we could get through interrogation that could prevent the next attack?

Osama bin Laden was unarmed when U.S. special forces shot him dead, the White House said

So much for being heroes...

You know, JB, out of a long string of disgraceful posts (in varying degrees) this one has to be your worst; in fact, it's a new low. There are no cowards in Special Operations, whether we are talking about SEALs, Rangers. Army Special Forces, Marine Force Recon, or Air Commando. I do not know, nor do I especially care, whether this unit had direct orders to kill Bin Laden, or simply discretion to do so. I do not care whether he happened to be armed at the moment, or not. I think most on this board who have served would agree. Acting according to, or within the scope of, a lawful order is NOT cowardice! Period!

Then again, I suppose I should not expect any better from someone who once told me that going to Vietnam voluntarily made one some sort of "war criminal". My fellow "war criminals" and I do not appreciate that, nor do we appreciate you or anyone else calling ANY service member (much less a Special Operations operative!) a coward, directly or by implication, for the act of killing the enemy. As usual, you are trying to stir the pot with a load of bullshit. FAIL!

Shooting an unarmed man in the head is heroic?

Or you just can break away from your jingoism enough to exercise any intellectual honesty on this one?

And since when is bloodlust more important than extracting any intel he had in his head that might not have been recorded elsewhere? You don't think he'd have been privy to good info?

What part of Wanted: DEAD or alive do you not understand?
Osama bin Laden was no ordinary fugitive. He was the most relevant figure in the entire Islamic terrorist network.

Also, there is a highly suspicious connection between the Saudi Royal Family and the Bush dynasty and bin Laden is a member of the Saudi Royal Family. I believe he knew things that could be damaging to the Bush family, which is why he was silenced rather than taken alive.

It would have been just as easy, if not easier, to extract a live and mobile human than to lug a corpse, which strongly suggests that bin Laden was executed on orders. The question of why will never be answered. Nor will the question of why Obama has diligently acted to protect the Bush crime family from being investigated for any of their serious malfeasances ever be answered.

Ah. the resident loon speaks. Just a bit obsessed with Bush, aren't you? I seriously wonder, if there is any defense of this country involving violence you would approve of? Sorry you feel so badly about our forces killing a mass murderer. Tough shit! Cry me a river!

And the reason for that occurs in the form of so many Americans who are content with the fact that Obama is dead, therefore at peace. Life is good for those who are healthy and wealthy. For despised prisoners, life is hell. So I question the common sense of those who celebrate the fact that Obama has been released from all worldly concerns.

Oh believe me, I seriously doubt he's getting to enjoy those 72 virgins he thought Allah promised him. His case has now been referred to a Higher Court, and whether you believe in that or not, I am confident he has been judged and found wanting. In any case, he will not contaminate any of our prisons with his sorry presence (even felons deserve better company), none of his associates will try to pull a terrorist operation to procure his release, and last but not least, HE will NEVER plan another act of terror again! Seems like a proper result to me. Now, want a tissue, crybaby?

What part of Wanted: DEAD or alive do you not understand?
Osama bin Laden was no ordinary fugitive. He was the most relevant figure in the entire Islamic terrorist network.

Also, there is a highly suspicious connection between the Saudi Royal Family and the Bush dynasty and bin Laden is a member of the Saudi Royal Family. I believe he knew things that could be damaging to the Bush family, which is why he was silenced rather than taken alive.

It would have been just as easy, if not easier, to extract a live and mobile human than to lug a corpse, which strongly suggests that bin Laden was executed on orders. The question of why will never be answered. Nor will the question of why Obama has diligently acted to protect the Bush crime family from being investigated for any of their serious malfeasances ever be answered.

Ah. the resident loon speaks. Just a bit obsessed with Bush, aren't you? I seriously wonder, if there is any defense of this country involving violence you would approve of? Sorry you feel so badly about our forces killing a mass murderer. Tough shit! Cry me a river!

And the reason for that occurs in the form of so many Americans who are content with the fact that Obama is dead, therefore at peace. Life is good for those who are healthy and wealthy. For despised prisoners, life is hell. So I question the common sense of those who celebrate the fact that Obama has been released from all worldly concerns.

Oh believe me, I seriously doubt he's getting to enjoy those 72 virgins he thought Allah promised him. His case has now been referred to a Higher Court, and whether you believe in that or not, I am confident he has been judged and found wanting. In any case, he will not contaminate any of our prisons with his sorry presence (even felons deserve better company), none of his associates will try to pull a terrorist operation to procure his release, and last but not least, HE will NEVER plan another act of terror again! Seems like a proper result to me. Now, want a tissue, crybaby?

Its not 72 Virgins it actually says 72 Virginians.

Shooting an unarmed man in the head is heroic?

Or you just can break away from your jingoism enough to exercise any intellectual honesty on this one?

And since when is bloodlust more important than extracting any intel he had in his head that might not have been recorded elsewhere? You don't think he'd have been privy to good info?

JB, I would be just as happy, and sleep just as well, if I had PERSONALLY had the honor of shooting that worthless son of a bitch (and an honor is what it was; here's to the good marksmanship of the operator who pulled the trigger)! As for extracting any intelligence from him, I'm surprised; why, I thought you disapproved of the methods for doing that; "torture", I think you call it.

However, rest assured that if you cannot bring yourself to drink a toast to those men who executed the mission, and the oft-maligned personnel of the CIA who provided the necessary intelligence for it, I will be happy to drink one for you. To the SEALs, and all other Special Operations personnel, and all the rest of our magnificent troops, to the CIA and its dedicated silent professionals, and to VICTORY, I raise my glass! Hell, I feel so good, I'll even drink to Obama for at least having the stones to issue the order!

Forum List

Back