Did you like IKE

You dont get to change the constitution because you are a racist

But it can be amended, it first needs to be proposed and that is done with either;

•Two-thirds of both houses of Congress vote to propose an amendment, or
•Two-thirds of the state legislatures ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments.

Then it must be ratified by having;

•Three-fourths of the state legislatures approve it, or
•Ratifying conventions in three-fourths of the states approve it.

Note: Nothing about race is even mentioned.

Now tell me how Ike sending American citizens to mexico was not illegal and against the constitution you asshole.

This is from the Republican Party platform of 1956, the party of Eisenhower:

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people.

Now, people, tell me how much enthusiasm the modern Right has for that attitude.

Link?

Seriously? You don't know how to type 1956 republican party platform into google?

More from the 1956 Republican Platform:

We have balanced the budget. We believe and will continue to prove that thrift, prudence and a sensible respect for living within income applies as surely to the management of our Government's budget as it does to the family budget.

As opposed to the budget busting tax cut and spend anyway insanity of Reagan and GW Bush...

As opposed to the quintessential modern day conservative, Dick Cheney, and his proclamation that 'deficits don't matter'.

You dont get to change the constitution because you are a racist

But it can be amended, it first needs to be proposed and that is done with either;

•Two-thirds of both houses of Congress vote to propose an amendment, or
•Two-thirds of the state legislatures ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments.

Then it must be ratified by having;

•Three-fourths of the state legislatures approve it, or
•Ratifying conventions in three-fourths of the states approve it.

Note: Nothing about race is even mentioned.

Now tell me how Ike sending American citizens to mexico was not illegal and against the constitution you asshole.

Deportation isn't illegal, as a matter of fact it's perfectly legal and should be practiced more often and to a greater degree.

Show me where Ike deported legal citizens.

This is from the Republican Party platform of 1956, the party of Eisenhower:

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people.

Now, people, tell me how much enthusiasm the modern Right has for that attitude.

Link?

Seriously? You don't know how to type 1956 republican party platform into google?

It's your claim you prove it.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ike was that unusual president, a man who because he served in the military saw its limitations and modified the nutcases in the republican party. He was like Khrushchev, who also realized war was hell. Today our armchair warriors preach war from the comfort of the couch. Cheney/Bush exemplify the insanity of the draft dodgers. I have a signed note from Ike after writing him in grade school.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Forum List

Back