Did voter fraud alter the outcome of the MN 2008 Senate race?

Give it a rest, Dave.

You sound like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

Oooh, Art's feeling his toes stepped on.

All you anti-democracy assholes would be out for blood had Coleman won that race and there were over a hundred voter fraud convictions following.

I know it. You know it.

But since a Democrat won, that's all that matters to you.

Give it a rest, Dave.

All you anti-democracy assholes would be out for blood had Coleman won that race and there were over a hundred voter fraud convictions following.

I know it. You know it.

More whiny butthurt from, Dave.

"Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! You people are anti-democracy assholes"

What a bitch.

Give it a rest, Dave.

I know it. You know it.

What a bitch.
Maybe you should get some steel-toed shoes, kid.

I know it. You know it.

What a bitch.

I have pair of government issued steel-toed desert boots.

Maybe you should zip up your vagina, whiny bitch :lol:

Hey, as long as the Democrat won, that's all that matters, right?

Not at all. That's just you projecting your own silly partisanship.

You should gnash some more about people being anti-democracy, it really helps I hear.

You should gnash some more about people being anti-democracy, it really helps I hear.
Again, a close race was decided by a far less number of votes than the number of possible fraudulent votes cast.

That should concern all legal voters. But oddly enough, the left seems to have no problem with it.

Oh, yeah -- because the Democrat won.

Again, a close race was decided by a far less number of votes than the number of possible fraudulent votes cast.

That should concern all legal voters. But oddly enough, the left seems to have no problem with it.

You're only crying because the Republican lost, that much is obvious,

Now carry on with your butthurt self.

Some research I did:

2008 Minnesota U.S. Senate Election: Results after election contest[1][2][64][65]
Party Candidate Votes
DFL Al Franken 1,212,629
Republican Norm Coleman 1,212,317

The difference?

312 votes.

The report finds that 113 individuals who voted illegally in the 2008 election have been convicted of the crime, "ineligible voter knowingly votes" under Minnesota Statute 201.014.

--

Minnesota's recent charges and convictions stem from research initiated by Minnesota Majority. The research identified upwards of 2,800 ineligible felons believed to have unlawfully voted in Minnesota's 2008 general election.

--

At the time of this report, nearly 200 additional cases are still pending trial.​

So: 113 convictions. 200 more pending cases. 2,800 ineligibles possibly voted.

This report is by an extreme right wing group. GOP is tyrying to push through voter suppression laws in Minnesota. It seems they are not too confident on winning the election on Republican values and ideas.

Look at the bright side Dave...

At least the best man won and the people of Minnesota have a top rate Senator for the next twenty years

Felons only vote for Republicans anyway

You're only crying because the Republican lost, that much is obvious,

Now carry on with your butthurt self.
Wrong. I oppose ANY voter fraud, no matter who benefits.

You don't mind voter fraud when it benefits Democrats. That much is obvious.

Some research I did:

2008 Minnesota U.S. Senate Election: Results after election contest[1][2][64][65]
Party Candidate Votes
DFL Al Franken 1,212,629
Republican Norm Coleman 1,212,317

The difference?

312 votes.

The report finds that 113 individuals who voted illegally in the 2008 election have been convicted of the crime, "ineligible voter knowingly votes" under Minnesota Statute 201.014.

--

Minnesota's recent charges and convictions stem from research initiated by Minnesota Majority. The research identified upwards of 2,800 ineligible felons believed to have unlawfully voted in Minnesota's 2008 general election.

--

At the time of this report, nearly 200 additional cases are still pending trial.​

So: 113 convictions. 200 more pending cases. 2,800 ineligibles possibly voted.

This report is by an extreme right wing group. GOP is tyrying to push through voter suppression laws in Minnesota. It seems they are not too confident on winning the election on Republican values and ideas.
So you're claiming the fraud convictions don't exist?

Typical.

County attorneys: Minnesota Majority reports on voter fraud ‘frivolous’ | Minnesota Independent

MCAA’s Kingrey said that Minnesota Majority sent county attorneys’ offices information last year alleging widespread fraud in the 2008 election. He said the “the drumbeat continued” when the Republican Party of Minnesota backed up Minnesota Majority’s claims and then counties were served with an order by KSTP-TV to retain absentee ballots from the 2008 election.

“County attorneys take voter fraud very seriously; there is no discretion for county attorneys in this manner,” Kingrey said. Minnesota Majority produced a list of more than 1,000 names of Minnesotans that they suspected of illegal voting.

“The list generated wildly overstated the number of felons that voted,” said Kingrey. “Many actually were legal voters; they were allowed to vote under Minnesota statute.”

Last edited:

At least the best man won and the people of Minnesota have a top rate Senator for the next twenty years

You need to back up that statement.

But you won't.

Minnesota has found the long awaited replacement for Hubert Humphrey. Franken could be a serious presidential contender in eight years.

It is common knowledge that felons vote republican.......that is why they are felons

They support all the same issues as Republicans. Small Government and unfettered access to guns

Last edited:
County attorneys: Minnesota Majority reports on voter fraud ‘frivolous’ | Minnesota Independent

MCAA’s Kingrey said that Minnesota Majority sent county attorneys’ offices information last year alleging widespread fraud in the 2008 election. He said the “the drumbeat continued” when the Republican Party of Minnesota backed up Minnesota Majority’s claims and then counties were served with an order by KSTP-TV to retain absentee ballots from the 2008 election.

“County attorneys take voter fraud very seriously; there is no discretion for county attorneys in this manner,” Kingrey said. Minnesota Majority produced a list of more than 1,000 names of Minnesotans that they suspected of illegal voting.

“The list generated wildly overstated the number of felons that voted,” said Kingrey. “Many actually were legal voters; they were allowed to vote under Minnesota statute.”
Just as you've been programmed, you ignore the voter fraud convictions.

Good sheep.

But you won't.

Minnesota has found the long awaited replacement for Hubert Humphrey. Franken could be a serious presidential contender in eight years.

It is common knowledge that felons vote republican.......that is why they are felons

They support all the same issues as Republicans. Small Government and unfettered access to guns

You're retarded.

But you won't.

You're retarded.

The only crime committed in that election was Republicans dragging their feet and denying the citizens of Minnesota their rightfully elected Senator for six months in 2009

Did voter fraud decide the election? It's impossible to prove, but it seems unlikely:

- Coleman's lawyers had ample time to allege voter fraud during the unnecessarily long court challenge. They did not.

- Minnesota Majority's 2,800 number (cited in their original post) is not meaningful. Even their 480 likeliest candidates were mostly voters who were not only eligible but clearly eligible to vote. For example, the group identified eligible voters as possibly ineligible because they had the same name as a felon, even if their birth-dates were different.

- It's not clear that ineligible felon voters would have favored Franken, much less by an amount sufficient to matter. The one felon whose vote was identified in the recount process voted for Coleman. Even the 2,800 names provided by Minnesota Majority don't seem to come disproportionately from Democratic areas.

Minnesota Majority's real goals seem to be delegitimizing their state's duly elected Senator and pushing for laws which would principally suppress eligible votes.

Pawlenty: Investigate felon votes in Senate race | StarTribune.com
Pawlenty: felons may have tipped Senate race | kare11.com
And yet, oddly, over a hundred people have been convicted for voting fraudulently.

You liberals can keep ignoring that simple fact, but it keeps on being there.

I didn't ignore the convictions. If the number of convictions weren't on the same order as the margin in the election, I might have described the claim that fraud decided the election as "implausible" or "absurd" rather than "unlikely". Are you backing away from the 2,800 number that you cited, then?

Forum List

Back