did the Romans really learn us how to build roads?

Which peaceful people are you talking about??
I have no precise idea, but i assume i meant northern European types. I can correlate that i meant this, by looking at the gentle nature of them today.

I mean they are socially mean but dislike conflict.

Oh, I thought you mean the jews, but they were not peaceful.
Did jews visit Europe in those days?

yes------a few migrated to some of the more civilized parts of Europe----like
parts of the rhine valley. The romans were remarkable imperialists. They
adulated the greeks whom they conquered and adopted the agenda of
Alexander the Great who truly did believe that the GREEK way of live
was so damned superior that the whole world should succumb to it. -----thus
the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE

Your back. Actually Rome was very tolerant , and so were the Greeks along with the Persians.

Actually----they were GENERALLY---not. Some were-----Alexander was generally
tolerant-----sorts but did adhere to the somewhat RACIST concepts of his school----
Ie the academy of Plato which CLEARLY held to the concept that anything
NOT GREEK was------very inferior to anything greek. History records a
VARIABLE record for the greeks and the Persians-------the romans have a really
barbaric history. An interesting feature of ROMAN society was its adulation of
Greek society and philosophies --------unfortunately ----that adulation included an
emulation of the PLATONIAN superiority complex

my understanding is that the romans made some contributions to the
development of concrete. They, by no means, 'invented" the idea of
reinforced building materials----- the idea evolved over millennia

Herod built all the buildings in Caesarea and Judea and all over the area. Rome coliseum . Rome and Greek live on in everything.

actually ----the real innovators in building and those MOST EMULATED in those
days were the EGYPTIANS -----Egyptian architecture and art lives on in
EVERYTHING thruout "the west"-------(that is ----anything west of the Mahalangur mountain range----to wit----Nepal and Tibet) Rome and Greece contributed
very little other than a very few technical innovations ----but then, lots of technical innovations came from lots of places-----even Medieval Europe. East of Mount
Everest (the Mahalangur mountain range)-------they made porcelain

can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

I dont buy into that bullshit about what the bleedin Romans did for us.
Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

Which peaceful people are you talking about??
I have no precise idea, but i assume i meant northern European types. I can correlate that i meant this, by looking at the gentle nature of them today.

what days? There were some jews "visiting" in parts of Europe along with
the Romans------way back----mostly the Rhine Valley which was kinda like the
cradle of European civizlization

can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

Just please Shut The Fuck Up

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

Aqueduct_of_Segovia_08.jpg

the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE

Your back. Actually Rome was very tolerant , and so were the Greeks along with the Persians.

tolerant-----sorts but did adhere to the somewhat RACIST concepts of his school----
Greek society and philosophies --------unfortunately ----that adulation included an

The romans were not barbaric , they tolerated everyone's religion, actually they were very religious people.

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

We need jihadists to demolish it. With western demolishing technology, imagine how much they could accomplish.

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

calm yourself, Crusader-----the ROMANS were very imperialist and VERY
exploitative. The best thing that they invented was PIZZA-----and even that
is based on a leavened flat bread of the Levant and Persia and Greece------
Felafel is greek and Egyptian-----mostly. Spaghetti----according to legend---
comes from EAST OF NEPAL

the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE

The romans were not barbaric , they tolerated everyone's religion, actually they were very religious people.

LOL------yeah----so were the AZTECS and MAYANS. For information on Romans and their elegance-----the best people to consult are the GREEKS ----of
those times

The romans brought heated pools to Israel or Palestine. Remember the angle splashing water in the pool that the cripple tried to get to for healing. That is true, now and then they turned the underground currents on, which turned the pools into Jacuzzi's. (they thought it was angels)

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

We need jihadists to demolish it. With western demolishing technology, imagine how much they could accomplish.

Left to your own devices, you stupid fucking Liberals can't even get drinkable water 2,000 years after Rome showed the way

Please just shut the fuck up

The romans brought heated pools to Israel or Palestine. Remember the angle splashing water in the pool that the cripple tried to get to for healing. That is true, now and then they turned the underground currents on, which turned the pools into Jacuzzi's.

the French invented CHAMPAGNE. The AEGEANS invented GLASS. In fact---the Egyptians who predated the Roman age of Imperialism ----invented indoor plumbing

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

Yet we're far more likely to get drinkable water from a 2,000 year old Roman Aqueduct than from a city run by Progressives

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

Yet we're far more likely to get drinkable water from a 2,000 year old Roman Aqueduct than from a city run by Progressives

no question----the romans had the slave power to create fantastic Aqueducts-----
the Aqueducts are something to ITALY as cotton and rice is to the Southern
part of North America-------a products of conquest and chattel slavery

I suggest you read a bit about the Roman roads before you comment. The Romans built over 250,000 miles of roads linking it's 113 provinces. These roads became the ties that held the empire together. Before the Romans, most road were essentially foot paths that had been expanded by foot and wagon traffic. In essence most roads were not actually build but worn down trails between villages and towns.

The Romans built roads to last. After 2,000 years some still exist and a number of Roman bridges are in use today. Roman builders used whatever materials were at hand to construct their roads, but their design always employed multiple layers for durability and flatness. Unlike roads in the past that wandered from village to village, Roman roads were straight connecting major population centers. They trans versed steep terrain, gullies, and rivers. A hundred mile trip in a wagon, that could take a week in the past could be completed within a day.

Last edited:

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

I know right!

Who says we needed the Romans to teach us? They didn't invent them. In fact, I cannot think of anything they invented. They put ditches on the sides so the roads weren't flooded out and they built, often, on already existing paths. Their main objective was being able to transport goods and the military in the fasted way possible.

And.....many of those people's weren't all love, peace and chicken grease.

You might want to read some Roman history. Rome was the greatest empire, and the US is designed after the roman empire.

I have and if you cannot clearly identify what it is you disagree with in my post then mayhap you need to read some history.

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

no question----the romans had the slave power to create fantastic Aqueducts-----
the Aqueducts are something to ITALY as cotton and rice is to the Southern
part of North America-------a products of conquest and chattel slavery

That's like saying Roads and bridges made the USA the world's #1 economy, it's just totally backwards. Rome had the GENIUS to design the Aqueducts and used slave labor to quarry the stone and erect the scaffolding

what does "greatest empire" mean? Empire building ------exists on the
dead bodies of hundreds of millions

The romans brought heated pools to Israel or Palestine. Remember the angle splashing water in the pool that the cripple tried to get to for healing. That is true, now and then they turned the underground currents on, which turned the pools into Jacuzzi's.

the French invented CHAMPAGNE. The AEGEANS invented GLASS. In fact---the Egyptians who predated the Roman age of Imperialism ----invented indoor plumbing

and yet the British used chamber pots.

Forum List

Back