did the Romans really learn us how to build roads?

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

I dont buy into that bullshit about what the bleedin Romans did for us.
Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

Who says we needed the Romans to teach us? They didn't invent them. In fact, I cannot think of anything they invented. They put ditches on the sides so the roads weren't flooded out and they built, often, on already existing paths. Their main objective was being able to transport goods and the military in the fasted way possible.

And.....many of those people's weren't all love, peace and chicken grease.

Greg

Which peaceful people are you talking about??

Who says we needed the Romans to teach us? They didn't invent them. In fact, I cannot think of anything they invented. They put ditches on the sides so the roads weren't flooded out and they built, often, on already existing paths. Their main objective was being able to transport goods and the military in the fasted way possible.

And.....many of those people's weren't all love, peace and chicken grease.

You might want to read some Roman history. Rome was the greatest empire, and the US is designed after the roman empire.

I have no precise idea, but i assume i meant northern European types. I can correlate that i meant this, by looking at the gentle nature of them today.

I mean they are socially mean but dislike conflict.

I have no precise idea, but i assume i meant northern European types. I can correlate that i meant this, by looking at the gentle nature of them today.

Oh, I thought you mean the jews, but they were not peaceful.

Did jews visit Europe in those days?

They lived all over Europe in those days. I thought you were talking about the early empire, they built roads as they expanded.

yes------a few migrated to some of the more civilized parts of Europe----like
parts of the rhine valley. The romans were remarkable imperialists. They
adulated the greeks whom they conquered and adopted the agenda of
Alexander the Great who truly did believe that the GREEK way of live
was so damned superior that the whole world should succumb to it. -----thus
the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE

So this whole thread is just your rant about something you heard sometime- and that you haven't bothered to look anything up about?

How pathetic.

They lived all over Europe in those days. I thought you were talking about the early empire, they built roads as they expanded.
I know. I dont know why everyone says the Europeans were savages. They had maths, agriculture, metal working. But my childhood told me we were cavemen.

my understanding is that the romans made some contributions to the
development of concrete. They, by no means, 'invented" the idea of
reinforced building materials----- the idea evolved over millennia

yes------a few migrated to some of the more civilized parts of Europe----like
parts of the rhine valley. The romans were remarkable imperialists. They
adulated the greeks whom they conquered and adopted the agenda of
Alexander the Great who truly did believe that the GREEK way of live
was so damned superior that the whole world should succumb to it. -----thus
the "holy" ROMAN EMPIRE

Your back. Actually Rome was very tolerant , and so were the Greeks along with the Persians.

I know. I dont know why everyone says the Europeans were savages. They had maths, agriculture, metal working. But my childhood told me we were cavemen.

depends on where and when-------early on they were savages------"math"? right----the savage SIR ISAAC NEWTON invented calculus------but that was very
recently

I represent the Roman anti defamation League, and we take exception to your maligning Rome! We demand an apology for calling us violent. If we don't get one, we will throw you to the lions!

my understanding is that the romans made some contributions to the
development of concrete. They, by no means, 'invented" the idea of
reinforced building materials----- the idea evolved over millennia

Herod built all the buildings in Caesarea and Judea and all over the area. Rome coliseum . Rome and Greek live on in everything.

Forum List

Back