did the Romans really learn us how to build roads?

can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

I dont buy into that bullshit about what the bleedin Romans did for us.
Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

Just please Shut The Fuck Up

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

Aqueduct_of_Segovia_08.jpg

calm yourself, Crusader-----the ROMANS were very imperialist and VERY
exploitative. The best thing that they invented was PIZZA-----and even that
is based on a leavened flat bread of the Levant and Persia and Greece------
Felafel is greek and Egyptian-----mostly. Spaghetti----according to legend---
comes from EAST OF NEPAL

Yet we're far more likely to get drinkable water from a 2,000 year old Roman Aqueduct than from a city run by Progressives

no question----the romans had the slave power to create fantastic Aqueducts-----
the Aqueducts are something to ITALY as cotton and rice is to the Southern
part of North America-------a products of conquest and chattel slavery

That's like saying Roads and bridges made the USA the world's #1 economy, it's just totally backwards. Rome had the GENIUS to design the Aqueducts and used slave labor to quarry the stone and erect the scaffolding

OZYMANDEUS. Of course roads and bridges and seaships -----etc ---made the USA---the world's #1 economy

The romans brought heated pools to Israel or Palestine. Remember the angle splashing water in the pool that the cripple tried to get to for healing. That is true, now and then they turned the underground currents on, which turned the pools into Jacuzzi's.

the French invented CHAMPAGNE. The AEGEANS invented GLASS. In fact---the Egyptians who predated the Roman age of Imperialism ----invented indoor plumbing

and yet the British used chamber pots.

LOL-----as did most of the Romans and the Egyptians -------when they weren't using
the streams and the gutters

The romans brought heated pools to Israel or Palestine. Remember the angle splashing water in the pool that the cripple tried to get to for healing. That is true, now and then they turned the underground currents on, which turned the pools into Jacuzzi's.

the French invented CHAMPAGNE. The AEGEANS invented GLASS. In fact---the Egyptians who predated the Roman age of Imperialism ----invented indoor plumbing

LOL-----as did most of the Romans and the Egyptians -------when they weren't using

I'm sure some just cut round holes in the floor and called it good. They the stink got so bad so they built out houses.

Last edited:
what does "greatest empire" mean? Empire building ------exists on the
dead bodies of hundreds of millions

I think they were more like explorers, and used armies to do it.

ROFLMAO--------the romans invaded Gaul for the sole purpose of
checking out the cuisine and local flora-------they just happened to
grab a few hundred thousand slaves along the way and exploit the
natural resources-------as "explorers" -------same reason CORTEZ----
murdered Montezuma

can accept that the Romans maybe ARRANGED for some roads to be built, but to say that we NEEDED the Romans to TEACH us how to build them straight, is really proposterous IMO. I mean, how hard can it BE to build a straight road ffs!!!???

Them Romans were nothing but parasites who took advantage of a peaceful bunch of people. They were no cleverer than anyone else, they were just more corrupted than the rest.

Who says we needed the Romans to teach us? They didn't invent them. In fact, I cannot think of anything they invented. They put ditches on the sides so the roads weren't flooded out and they built, often, on already existing paths. Their main objective was being able to transport goods and the military in the fasted way possible.

And.....many of those people's weren't all love, peace and chicken grease.

You might want to read some Roman history. Rome was the greatest empire, and the US is designed after the roman empire.
Designed after the Roman Republic, rather.

I'm sure some just cut round holes in the floor and called it good. They the stick got so bad so they built out houses.

outhouses precede "holes in the floor" by MILLENNIA

Who says we needed the Romans to teach us? They didn't invent them. In fact, I cannot think of anything they invented. They put ditches on the sides so the roads weren't flooded out and they built, often, on already existing paths. Their main objective was being able to transport goods and the military in the fasted way possible.

You might want to read some Roman history. Rome was the greatest empire, and the US is designed after the roman empire.
Designed after the Roman Republic, rather.

not really. The Nuremburg Code is designed upon the legal code of
the ROMAN REPUBLIC

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

Yet we're far more likely to get drinkable water from a 2,000 year old Roman Aqueduct than from a city run by Progressives

no question----the romans had the slave power to create fantastic Aqueducts-----

That's like saying Roads and bridges made the USA the world's #1 economy, it's just totally backwards. Rome had the GENIUS to design the Aqueducts and used slave labor to quarry the stone and erect the scaffolding

OZYMANDEUS. Of course roads and bridges and seaships -----etc ---made the USA---the world's #1 economy

Riiiiiiiiight, because we're the world's only nation with roads, bridges and seaports.

I'm sure some just cut round holes in the floor and called it good. They the stick got so bad so they built out houses.

If I had just a hole in the floor, I'd rather have an outhouse. Outhouses are still in use, at camps and my Aunt had a very nice outhouse with two holes, a light and also a magazine holder around 25 feet from the house. At night one used a pail. She also had a pump at the sink in the kitchen. Shortly before her death she got indoor plumbing , after her 8 kids were raised.

So unless one actually had plumbing to lead the crap away and a vacuum system to push it, why would one want a hole in the floor of their house?

what does "greatest empire" mean? Empire building ------exists on the
dead bodies of hundreds of millions

I'm reading Decline and Fall, I'll let you know how it ends in about a month

As a student of history, I'm a bit touchy about the "how it ends' part.....
...'cause, you know.....America and all......

Please

112156-004-C898B6B4.jpg

comes from EAST OF NEPAL

An efficient national transportation network allows businesses to lower transportation costs, which in turn lowers production costs and costs to consumers. It allows American businesses to be competitive in the global marketplace and for our economy to prosper and grow. As President Eisenhower observed, without the unifying force of transportation, “we would be a mere alliance of many separate parts.”

traffic_jam.jpg

The amount of time American workers spend sitting in traffic jams has increased nearly 250% in the last 30 years. The transportation infrastructure constraints will cost the U.S. economy over $500 billion since 2007 in reduced output and fully $125 billion in 2015 alone, as well as a corresponding reduction in employment of 350,000 workers.
U.S. Business Loses Big From Lack of Transportation Infrastructure Investment

If I had just a hole in the floor, I'd rather have an outhouse. Outhouses are still in use, at camps and my Aunt had a very nice outhouse with two holes, a light and also a magazine holder around 25 feet from the house. At night one used a pail. She also had a pump at the sink in the kitchen. Shortly before her death she got indoor plumbing , after her 8 kids were raised.

So unless one actually had plumbing to lead the crap away and a vacuum system to push it, why would one want a hole in the floor of their house?

you are the specific slob who mentioned "hole in the floor"------the only people I know of who used "holes" in the floor as "toilets" were the British and other
Europeans during MEDIEVAL times-------during the times of the "HOLY ROMAN
EMPIRE" in "holy roman empire" homes. Even native americans designated special------OUT OF THE HOME TENT -----tents for "toilet
functions"--------the bible describes specific rules for DESIGNATED "out of main camp" sites for "toilet" use-----and even instructions for disposing of bodily wastes

you are the specific slob who mentioned "hole in the floor"------the only people I know of who used "holes" in the floor as "toilets" were the British and other
EMPIRE" in "holy roman empire" homes. Even native americans designated special------OUT OF THE HOME TENT -----tents for "toilet
functions"--------the bible describes specific rules for DESIGNATED "out of main camp" sites for "toilet" use-----and even instructions for disposing of bodily wastes

you the one who said outhouses came before holes in the floor. I merely said who would want a hole in the floor when they can have an outhouse.

you the one who said outhouses came before holes in the floor. I merely said who would want a hole in the floor when they can have an outhouse.

in general----the people who did "holes in the floor"-----were the dogs of the
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE of Medieval times----THOSE WHO WERE RICH ENOUGH
TO OWN SLAVES TO CLEAN UP THE TOILETS-------also-----HOLES IN THE
FLOOR WERE FOUND AS TOILETS IN RUINS----WHICH WERE THE DOMICILES OF RICH ROMANS------THAT PREDATED THE "HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE"--------"OUTHOUSES" PRECEDE THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE AND THE BRITISH PALACES

in general----the people who did "holes in the floor"-----were the dogs of the
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE of Medieval times----THOSE WHO WERE RICH ENOUGH
TO OWN SLAVES TO CLEAN UP THE TOILETS-------also-----HOLES IN THE
FLOOR WERE FOUND AS TOILETS IN RUINS----WHICH WERE THE DOMICILES OF RICH ROMANS------THAT PREDATED THE "HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE"--------"OUTHOUSES" PRECEDE THE ROMAN EMPIRE AND THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE AND THE BRITISH PALACES
The Romans had a complex system of sewers covered by stones, much like modern sewers. Waste flushed from the latrines flowed through a central channel into the main sewage system and thence into a nearby river or stream. However, it was not uncommon for Romans to throw waste out of windows into the streets, at least according to Roman satirists. Despite this, Roman waste management is admired for its innovation.
Sanitation in ancient Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which peaceful people are you talking about??
I have no precise idea, but i assume i meant northern European types. I can correlate that i meant this, by looking at the gentle nature of them today.

I mean they are socially mean but dislike conflict.

Oh, I thought you mean the jews, but they were not peaceful.
Did jews visit Europe in those days?

They lived all over Europe in those days. I thought you were talking about the early empire, they built roads as they expanded.
I know. I dont know why everyone says the Europeans were savages. They had maths, agriculture, metal working. But my childhood told me we were cavemen.

Don't blame your childhood for your ignorance.

my understanding is that the romans made some contributions to the
development of concrete. They, by no means, 'invented" the idea of
reinforced building materials----- the idea evolved over millennia

They developed a hydraulic concrete that could be used underwater, for their ports, and refined other types. They were excellent organizers and at engineering and copying others designs and tweaking them as need arose. Their first run-ins with the Carthaginians resulted in their become good shipbuilders almost overnight and building a large navy in a short time. Romans were defeated many times, but they were tenacious bulldogs and learned from mistakes quickly. They went into decline when their birthrates in the 'home regions' fell off, their economy became based on buying luxury imports for the wealthy and hemorrhaged, and they had to rely more and more on 'barbarian' mercenaries, a familiar pattern historically, not just for Rome.

And we're going crash and burn the same way

And we're going crash and burn the same way

Most likely, will it be a inward crash or from another global power. I think inward.

Forum List

Back