Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

An allegorical narrative of a historical event isn't fiction.
Of course it is, when it is fiction. You arent going to put words in jist the right order to turn fiction into nonfiction. Sorry.
Apparently you haven't a clue how information was passed down in ancient times.
Irrelevant. Red herring. Fiction is fiction. The Bible flood myth is fiction. The movie Twister isn't suddenly nonfiction, because there was a tornado that one time. Give it up.
Not irrelevant. How do you believe information was passed down in ancient times?

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
there is a lot of evidence across the world that proves a large scale or world wide flood,,
whether it was god sent or not is another matter,,
So I take it the great flood happened after the age of dinosaurs, because they and just about everything else on earth were wiped out by a huge asteroid.
so you were there and witnessed this happen???

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
there is a lot of evidence across the world that proves a large scale or world wide flood,,
So I take it the great flood happened after the age of dinosaurs, because they and just about everything else on earth were wiped out by a huge asteroid.
Sorry I gave you the impression I was there, I wasn't...so you don't believe in the big asteroid wiping out the dinosaurs theory??

Sorry I gave you the impression I was there, I wasn't...so you don't believe in the big asteroid wiping out the dinosaurs theory??

I believe thats one of the theories being presented,,

as for being a fact, we are far from that,,,

my problem with that theory is I have a globe and did the math,, that asteroid is less than the size of a grain of sand against my globe, so its a hard one for me to believe,,

my problem with that theory is I have a globe and did the math,, that asteroid is less than the size of a grain of sand against my globe, so its a hard one for me to believe,,
Grain of sand??..or another comparison I found..

• The asteroid believed responsible for the Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event is estimated to have been between 10 and 15 kilometres (6 and 9 miles) across.
  • A common comparison is that the asteroid would have been ‘the size of Manhattan’.
  • Other comparisons are the Martian moon Deimos, which is 12 km (7.5 mi), and Mount Everest, which is around 9 km (5.5 mi).
  • The asteroid would have been travelling at around 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) per second, or 72,000 kilometres / 44,712 miles per hour.
  • The impact would have caused an explosion equivalent to 100 million megatons of TNT (4.2×1023 Joules)
  • For comparison, this is over a billion times the energy of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or around 2 million times more powerful than the most powerful thermonuclear bomb ever tested.
  • The impact would have displaced around 200,000 cubic kilometres (48,000 cubic miles) of sediment.

No, I believe that asteroid and meteor strikes triggered the FLOOD. I also have a hunch that the fallout from those strikes have a lot to do with distortions in the dating of fossils etc...
The FLOOD occured, according to the bible, after Genesis so where in the bible are all these asteroid and meteor strikes mentioned??

• The asteroid believed responsible for the Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event is estimated to have been between 10 and 15 kilometres (6 and 9 miles) across.
  • A common comparison is that the asteroid would have been ‘the size of Manhattan’.
  • Other comparisons are the Martian moon Deimos, which is 12 km (7.5 mi), and Mount Everest, which is around 9 km (5.5 mi).
  • The asteroid would have been travelling at around 20 kilometres (12.5 miles) per second, or 72,000 kilometres / 44,712 miles per hour.
  • The impact would have caused an explosion equivalent to 100 million megatons of TNT (4.2×1023 Joules)
  • For comparison, this is over a billion times the energy of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or around 2 million times more powerful than the most powerful thermonuclear bomb ever tested.
  • The impact would have displaced around 200,000 cubic kilometres (48,000 cubic miles) of sediment.

all that makes me believe its a flawed theory,,
if that were the case the planet should have been destroyed,, but it wasnt,,

Not really. an asteroid 6-9 miles wide would cause a massive amount of damage but it wouldn't 'destroy the planet'..one about 60 miles wide might..How Big Does An Asteroid Have To Be To Destroy All Life? | Inside Science

Not really. an asteroid 6-9 miles wide would cause a massive amount of damage but it wouldn't 'destroy the planet'..one about 60 miles wide might..How Big Does An Asteroid Have To Be To Destroy All Life? | Inside Science

its all a guess,, the facts will never be known,,,

I'm assuming that goes for both our contentions.

I'm assuming that goes for both our contentions.

I gave none,,,

I am still at I dont know,,,

You've personally verified all that stuff, have you?

Of course it is, when it is fiction. You arent going to put words in jist the right order to turn fiction into nonfiction. Sorry.
Irrelevant. Red herring. Fiction is fiction. The Bible flood myth is fiction. The movie Twister isn't suddenly nonfiction, because there was a tornado that one time. Give it up.
Not irrelevant. How do you believe information was passed down in ancient times?
Charlatan parlor trick ignored. Fiction is fiction.

No. Actually A-N-T-H-R-O-P-O-L-O-G-Y, dummy.

Neato! But fiction is still fiction. No, you have not managed to crybaby and insult your way to turning fiction into nonfiction.

Neato! But fiction is still fiction. No, you have not managed to crybaby and insult your way to turning fiction into nonfiction.
Dude, it's not fiction, dummy. The fact that you can't acknowledge that the only record of history and knowledge 6,000 years ago was oral accounts or stories shows that you know I am right. Stories that were exaggerated and told allegorically to make them easier to remember and pass down whatever it was that they wanted to pass down. Your level of intellect is poor if you can't process this information. How stupid are you? Let's find out.

Dude, it's not fiction
Yes, the Bible flood myth is fiction. You are embarrassing yourself.
Again... the anthropological aspect of ancient accounts says otherwise. You are not intellectually capable of having an honest discussion. You can't refute that these accounts were how ancient man passed down knowledge and information. So you dismiss everything and hope that no one notices that you have no basis for doing so. You deny all evidence for no other reason than it disproves your beliefs.

Again... the anthropological aspect of ancient accounts says otherwise.
False. It is still fiction, no matter how it was formed. Whether it was a million ignorant, terrified, illiterate, superstitious peasants adding fictitious elements out of whimsy or magical beliefs, or JK Rowling shitting out another shitty book before breakfast, fiction is fiction.

Forum List

Back